Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Perfect Team 25
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 25 Perfect Team 25 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-27-2024, 12:40 PM   #1
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Reluctant Submission...

As time goes on, I'm more and more convinced there is no way to win this effort to take Perfect Team back into what it was. The recent "changes" are geared toward those willing to pay anything to win, and who can blame OOTP/Com2US for taking their money?

It's not a matter of whether they CAN fix it - but a matter of WHY would they?

There's a couple things that I might consider next year; Theme Teams by EVC, another March to All-Star Sprint, the Classic game, and maybe even look into the Drive for the Pennant option when it comes out - but 12 months of Perfect Team? ... highly unlikely.

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-27-2024 at 12:44 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 12:48 AM   #2
willat0660
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
As time goes on, I'm more and more convinced there is no way to win this effort to take Perfect Team back into what it was. The recent "changes" are geared toward those willing to pay anything to win, and who can blame OOTP/Com2US for taking their money?

There's a couple things that I might consider next year; Theme Teams by EVC, another March to All-Star Sprint, the Classic game, and maybe even look into the Drive for the Pennant option when it comes out - but 12 months of Perfect Team? ... highly unlikely.
I play just the tournaments (95% quick), F2P. Huge drop off from last year. Less of everything... tournaments you can join (quick), rewards, and fun (above all). Just seems futile. Winning tournaments was the way to supply my team with better cards. Sometimes I'd have 40 packs to open over a few days/week. Now, single digits.

willat0660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 04:59 AM   #3
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
The backlash has understandably been pretty epic. I think that's enough of a why!

The delay to this week's tournament standings update makes me think that they are beavering away at something. It's clear that there are programming challenges in the way of any significant rebalancing. The most obvious, to me, is the need to distinguish between combi and regular versions of cards. When that is 'fixed' a number of things will become possible.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:56 AM   #4
Hwilensky
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
They simply just don't care enough to make the changes. If they do, they will hear it from the whales who are paying ungodly sums of money to beat up on us minnows. Should they seperate the tourney's then the whales will have to beat up on each other, and they wont allow it.
Old 05-28-2024, 09:32 AM   #5
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
The backlash has understandably been pretty epic. I think that's enough of a why!

The delay to this week's tournament standings update makes me think that they are beavering away at something. It's clear that there are programming challenges in the way of any significant rebalancing. The most obvious, to me, is the need to distinguish between combi and regular versions of cards. When that is 'fixed' a number of things will become possible.
The delay in the standings was because they had to wait for the weekly silver floor to fill and finish.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:15 PM   #6
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

More than frustrating...

Nothing but SuperHeros at costs fit only for Whales... my 65,000 pps would barely touch that list.
Attached Images

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-28-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 01:26 PM   #7
szczepam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

I agree, it's just not fun. It feels like I've been stuck in cement for a month now with nothing to do.

My biggest question is why are people pouring actual money into a game that has no tangible reward for winning? It's like paying into a fantasy league, giving the commissioner all the money, then when you win you get a hearty handshake and a good job, but there isn't even the hand shake and good job for winning.
szczepam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 01:29 PM   #8
diamondgirl
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by szczepam View Post
I agree, it's just not fun. It feels like I've been stuck in cement for a month now with nothing to do.

My biggest question is why are people pouring actual money into a game that has no tangible reward for winning? It's like paying into a fantasy league, giving the commissioner all the money, then when you win you get a hearty handshake and a good job, but there isn't even the hand shake and good job for winning.
I agree there are some issues. But you're expecting a cash prize from a video game?

diamondgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 02:32 PM   #9
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My biggest question is why are people pouring actual money into a game that has no tangible reward for winning?
It has everything to do with "winning" at any cost, plain and simple.

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-28-2024 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-28-2024, 02:34 PM   #10
szczepam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl View Post
I agree there are some issues. But you're expecting a cash prize from a video game?
No, not at all. What I said is that I am confused why anyone would pay a lot of money for absolutely nothing in return. These teams that are spending tons of money to win PT just make no sense to me.
szczepam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 03:04 PM   #11
diamondgirl
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
No, not at all. What I said is that I am confused why anyone would pay a lot of money for absolutely nothing in return. These teams that are spending tons of money to win PT just make no sense to me.
every game these days. I blame the parents giving their kids their credit cards for fortnite. and ea sports in general

diamondgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 03:56 PM   #12
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You could ask the same question of people that spend lots of money on golf or booze... fun money is fun money.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:07 PM   #13
xserp3nt
Bat Boy

I'm at the point where I search who's in a quick before joining. If the usual P2w suspects are there, I just wait it out lol.

Sucks, but it is what it is. It all boils down to:

1. You need combis to win reliably
2. In order to get combis you need PP
3. In order to get the PP needed you need packs
4. In order to get packs (outside of twitch drops, not everyone has the luxury to be able to get these 10 everyday), you need to win tournaments
5. Refer to number 1.

It's a broken loop. Like others have stated, there needs to be a counter to them, otherwise we will remain in this broken loop unless you open your wallet.
xserp3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 05:59 PM   #14
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

You need to be a whale of PTW to reach the top of the pyramid. Markus made it very clear when he first started perfect team that there would never be a league that didn't include buying points. PT is all about OOTP making money.

I never spent a penny on this and never will. I don't understand why spend your hard earned money and not getting anything in return... but that's just me.

BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 07:05 PM   #15
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xserp3nt View Post
I'm at the point where I search who's in a quick before joining. If the usual P2w suspects are there, I just wait it out lol.

Sucks, but it is what it is. It all boils down to:

1. You need combis to win reliably
2. In order to get combis you need PP
3. In order to get the PP needed you need packs
4. In order to get packs (outside of twitch drops, not everyone has the luxury to be able to get these 10 everyday), you need to win tournaments
5. Refer to number 1.

It's a broken loop. Like others have stated, there needs to be a counter to them, otherwise we will remain in this broken loop unless you open your wallet.

It's much easier simply not to play tournaments. It's like playing Poker and only one payer gets the Aces.

Any of you remember the movie War Games (1983) with Mathew Broderick? At the end of the movie, the master computer WOPR says at the end of the movie; "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play."
Old 05-28-2024, 07:21 PM   #16
xserp3nt
Bat Boy

Quote:
It's much easier simply not to play tournaments. It's like playing Poker and only one payer gets the Aces.

Any of you remember the movie War Games (1983) with Mathew Broderick? At the end of the movie, the master computer WOPR says at the end of the movie; "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

For sure. And if it keeps going this way I’m sure I’ll burn out and bail on PT.

I read earlier that you would get a lot more packs last year. Why would they nerf the most exciting thing for players? The thing that keeps people playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2024, 07:56 PM   #17
Lathum
Minors (Double A)

I called this basically the day the game come out.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=353303

I think what would fix a lot of the problems are on demand perfect drafts with pack rewards, not just points, and going back to the top 32 paying in daily tournaments.

I used to spend hours a week on the game, Now I don't have Go and some days I just log in to keep the streak alive.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 08:00 PM   #18
xserp3nt
Bat Boy

Reluctant Submission...

Yup that’s the thread I was reading earlier. Seems silly they would cut down on the most fun event of the game?

Introducing more packs in winnings will just increase the prices of the best cards as you inject more supply into the system. However at least you’ll get more excitement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2024, 10:33 AM   #19
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nothing but SuperHeros at costs fit only for Whales... my 65,000 pps would barely touch that list (below).
As it stands today I have 57 missions left to do, and 36 of them are Future Legend missions - and ALL of which I'm priced out of. I have to assume "regular" missions for the rest of us are not forthcoming
Attached Images
Old 05-29-2024, 03:58 PM   #20
LeeD
Major Leagues

Quote:
As it stands today I have 57 missions left to do, and 36 of them are Future Legend missions - and ALL of which I'm priced out of. I have to assume "regular" missions for the rest of us are not forthcoming
I completed most of the FL missions and then sold the cards for roughly 550,000 PP since my league team plays just as much barely-.500+ ball in Diamond league with or without them. It's almost time for a June disconnected-from-everything-else junk mission, with one or two good cards after spending a cool 250,000 to 500,000 PP. Meanwhile...

Sporer announced that Negro League set two is being released tomorrow. Dare we hope that there will be missions? I've totally lost faith and will only believe it when I see it.
LeeD is offline   Reply With Quote