Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:19 AM   #2941
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Complete. There were a lot of surprise promotions to Bronze not marked in the friends list!

The Seattle Rainiers did not make it into the Bronze league.

Gabeeg is in a separate Silver league for the third week in a row. I think it's time to give up on Fancher Creek.

Perfect 404
Aina Haina Parakeets
Battery Point Energizer Bunnies
Bold Strategy Cottons
California Quantom Condors
Cigar City Lagers
Ewa Beach Fighting Chickens
Kaneohe Mokes
Luckenbach Armadillos
Virginia Freeloaders

Diamond 351
Crichton Leprechauns
Green Lake Cowboys
Palolo Puppies
Transylvania Impalers
Seattle Pilots
Southern Southpaws
Waffletown Syrups

Gold 328
Annandale Atom Smashers
Cooper Gutter Cats
Harlem Hatchets
Motown Stars
Seattle Endless Summer
Shasta Black Bears

Silver 285
Asylum Keepers
Auckland Athletics
Bluffton Boomerangs
CliffMarkle Roadrunners
Daytona Beach Pickleballers
Janesville Onyx
Las Vegas Gamblers
New York Patriots
Port Ruppert Mundys
Redmond Defenders
Sad Hill Hunters
Sanguine Classics
Tacoma Aroma
Terra Incognita Rustlers

Bronze 209
Asheboro Road Dogs
Boogie Knights
Frankenthal Retros
Gotham Knights
Hampton Roads Rush
Harbour Town Falcons
Little Rock Crayons
Melaka Armada
New Zealand Silver Ferns
Ozark Bobcats
Pablo Pandas
Philadelphia Patriots
Retro80s
Salem Witches
Texas Strangers
Victoria Vikings
Wheatland Jets

Bronze 284
Seattle Rainiers

Iron 207
Arkham Horrors
Chi-Town Towers
Mudville Muffins
New York Mets
Northborough Algonquin
Redmond Birds
Redmond Crusaders
San Pedro Cerrano
Stephensville Bears

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-24-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:36 AM   #2942
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Looking at B209, AC West is a fun, full OL division. Silver Fern is alone in AC East although WM Patriettes seems to be following us now, but not OL. Another team that is not OL but following is the Minnesota KittiCorns on NC East. My Armada is not looking good, having to face the Iron champion Hampton Roads Rush and the rival Victoria Vikings. Man, now I regret not shopping more last week. I have no upgrade to duke it out with two exciting OL teams. I think I am keeping my ball park at 1.0 for another "data check" season. Although my result last season has been pretty convincing that I need better bats.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:43 AM   #2943
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Here's the G328 Divisional Setup. I will be happy to compile Gold since both my OL teams are here this season!
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:54 AM   #2944
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

All Time Standings

Through 2031. Any help this week with standings will be appreciated. My son is getting married on Saturday, and a new septic system is beginning work today.
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:16 AM   #2945
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Like Yogi said, "It ain't over 'til it's over." Congrats. I have no Strangers logo.
I thought I posted it awhile ago. Sorry!
Attached Images
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #2946
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Wow. I can’t wait to take a look at them. Hope you still have some points saved up for future improvements.

PT has a few ceilings in the game. One of them is the gold to diamond pitching one.
The initial one is not too bad but then it takes 30-50K for better upgrades.
The Renton Dragons team is stuck in that stage. Kiddo tried to collect enough points but then decided to get some packs and did not get any real upgrades.
He is happy though. He fought off relegation and competed for a few days.
The Armadillos got the 85 OVR Torre to take Maddox place at DH this morning. We are going to have a struggle to avoid relegation but we will be trying hard. There is no give-up in an Armadillo. We just ball up and wait until the storm passes.
Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:30 AM   #2947
Edster007
All Star Starter

In Iron outside of the Redmond Crusaders (51) and San Pedro (50) all the other teams are between 35-38 OL games so a pretty decent schedule this week with everyone getting a decent share of games.

After all the shopping I did yesterday San Pedro only made 2 changes Negro league star Mule Stuttles will take over at 1B and Jason Isringhausen to the bullpen. I kept some points in reserve for midweek.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:34 AM   #2948
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I thought I posted it awhile ago. Sorry!

Actually, you did. I put it in an FHM folder by mistake.
Attached Images
Old 06-24-2019, 08:35 AM   #2949
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

How's this?

Better?
Attached Images
Old 06-24-2019, 09:00 AM   #2950
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Finally Gave In

After a couple of weeks of AH frustration with the over priced offerings for incremental changes, I lost patience. Ended up staying up way too late to rip packs -15 for Asylum, 25 for Port Ruppert, and 30 for Terra Incognita.

The Keepers got kind of stung. They had to give up their Roberto Alomar because the Mundys pulled the 1999 version, and they fell victim to the no repeater (except Willie) rule for my rosters. He was replaced by Adam Kennedy so they might be headed to Bronze. That was their only change.

The Rustlers pulled a new keystone combo with Johnny Logan and Joe Gordon signed as free agents. Charles Johnson was promoted from the minors to replace Tom Pagnozzi. I think Carlton Fisk has under performed because of the way OOTP applies fatigue. They also shuffled their bullpen assignments around, making Craig Swan the closer, with Kerry Wood moved into middle relief. They also signed free agent Deion Sanders to a minor league contract.

The Mundys made the bleery eyed pack opening worthwhile by pulling a perfect Cy Young, my first. I imagine he might be worth something in the AH, but I will not anger the baseball gods by selling him. They also signed the '99 Alomar, Tony Armas, and Jack Sanford, who will be the new closer.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:21 AM   #2951
Goliathus
Major Leagues

I thought the AH price is down from last week now? I struggled to find replacement myself but that's largely due to a limited theme.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:54 AM   #2952
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
I thought the AH price is down from last week now? I struggled to find replacement myself but that's largely due to a limited theme.

For me it's not the AH prices so much as the live card updates. Blackmon didn't get diamond? Donaldson barely moved? I'm not sure there's any point in speculating any more because those were sure bets to move up a tier and they barely moved. I made money elsewhere, but those were the cards I deemed "sure things" based on their gargantuan performances the past 7 days...
Old 06-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #2953
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

For full disclosure, this version of the Leprechauns is not truly a diamond team. I replaced 2 diamond cards and 6 golds to get the roster OL compliant and they were all considerable downgrades. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

This thread is awesome. I'm learning a lot! Thanks again for including me!

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:25 AM   #2954
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Good luck this season everyone!

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #2955
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
For me it's not the AH prices so much as the live card updates. Blackmon didn't get diamond? Donaldson barely moved? I'm not sure there's any point in speculating any more because those were sure bets to move up a tier and they barely moved. I made money elsewhere, but those were the cards I deemed "sure things" based on their gargantuan performances the past 7 days...

Blackmon had a 97 wRC+ over the last seven days.

Donaldson must have been close though. He had a 208 wRC+
Old 06-24-2019, 11:15 AM   #2956
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbucket View Post
Blackmon had a 97 wRC+ over the last seven days.

Donaldson must have been close though. He had a 208 wRC+
Hmmm. Last I heard blackmon broke a 5 game record with something like 19 hits. I guess I should check my sources
Old 06-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #2957
mrbucket
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findest2001 View Post
Hmmm. Last I heard blackmon broke a 5 game record with something like 19 hits. I guess I should check my sources

He had a 346 wRC+ the week before so I think his monster streak had already been factored into his ratings.

Looking at his stats since he came back from injury I see he's only walked once in that entire stretch so his eye rating is probably taking a bit of a hit.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #2958
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I'd like to join OL. My team has been OL compliant since last season when I swapped out my 2019 Live Joey Votto 80 for a...Historical All-Star Joey Votto 80

Doing a Cincinnati theme, with Reds greats and Cincinnati/Dayton/Northern Kentucky natives. Active roster is 100% historical cards now with the aforementioned switch last season.

And the best thing is...I'm already in Gold .328! I got placed there randomly when I was promoted to Gold last season, and since I have "Stay in the same league" ticked, I'm still hanging around. So if you'll have me, I can start right away.

Thanks for your consideration.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that of course my team is also completely FTP. In fact, all my teams are, because I have very little discretionary income and what little I do have I tend to spend on craft beer.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb

Last edited by BigRed75; 06-24-2019 at 12:04 PM.
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:41 AM   #2959
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The Lonely Seattle Rainiers

Hey, at least I'm guaranteed to win the OL title for my level!

I'm going on vacation for two weeks starting tomorrow, with no access to OOTP, so not only will I not be able to see how I'm doing this week, but next week and part of the week after that as well. Perhaps I'll be able to play with other OL friends by then. I'll also have to trust the AI to manage my team appropriately, which may be asking a lot. I've never figured out its rationale for juggling my lineup when a starter gets tired and is sat down.

On a positive baseball note, barring rain, I'm going to see the Staten Island Yankees on July 3, playing, interestingly enough, a team from a town with the same name (Tri City Valley Cats) as my local Short Season A team (Tri City Dust Devils). If I were rich, I'd pay for an annual Short Season A Tri City Championship series.
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #2960
MarkJ
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Our League for PT 19?

Is there something similar for the 2019 version? I thought I saw something to that effect but then couldn't find anything in the 2019 forums. I have a team there (Tri City Atoms, Silver .390) that fits all the requirements.
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote