Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-21-2019, 02:04 AM   #2801
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
Nice...he will be in the mid 3 range before the season is over.
Maybe one of our teams will find the funds to pick up a Spahn down the road.

You were spot on with your comments about when to start Entry league.

The Redmond Birds team is probably the worst team anyone in the family created. The kids created it to show their friends (+dad) the mechanics of PT but with barely a day of Entry league play, the team lacks in so many areas.
In contrast, the Crusaders will be a lot more competitive by the time they enter Iron league next week.

We usually name the teams after recent movies but I think we may need to rename the "Redmond Birds" team since the kids are not really familiar with the Birds movie (mom was watching the movie in the other room).

Maybe we will let the OL folks help decide on the new team name....
Recent movie - Team name

a. Once upon a time in the West - The Showdown

b. The Bad News Bears - Bad News Bears

c. 12 Monkeys - The Time Travelers

d. Naked Gun - The Crazy Umps
For only having one day in entry pool, they're not bad. They've been good competition until the latest Mets win streak (17 and counting). The pitching's very good for this level, and with more points that offense will be able to get them out of Iron.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-21-2019 at 02:05 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:04 AM   #2802
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Nice...he will be in the mid 3 range before the season is over.
Maybe one of our teams will find the funds to pick up a Spahn down the road.

You were spot on with your comments about when to start Entry league.

The Redmond Birds team is probably the worst team anyone in the family created. The kids created it to show their friends (+dad) the mechanics of PT but with barely a day of Entry league play, the team lacks in so many areas.
In contrast, the Crusaders will be a lot more competitive by the time they enter Iron league next week.

We usually name the teams after recent movies but I think we may need to rename the "Redmond Birds" team since the kids are not really familiar with the Birds movie (mom was watching the movie in the other room).

Maybe we will let the OL folks help decide on the new team name....
Recent movie - Team name

a. Once upon a time in the West - The Showdown

b. The Bad News Bears - Bad News Bears

c. 12 Monkeys - The Time Travelers

d. Naked Gun - The Crazy Umps
Twelve Monkeys is one of my all-time favorite movies. I loved the umpire scene in naked gun, however, after the events of 25 years ago, I can no longer watch that movie without being sickened.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:36 AM   #2803
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Twelve Monkeys is one of my all-time favorite movies. I loved the umpire scene in naked gun, however, after the events of 25 years ago, I can no longer watch that movie without being sickened.

Agree...it is sad the 12 Monkeys show failed. It had a few good moments but overall the show just did not re-create or extend on the great story and original movie.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:42 AM   #2804
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
For only having one day in entry pool, they're not bad. They've been good competition until the latest Mets win streak (17 and counting). The pitching's very good for this level, and with more points that offense will be able to get them out of Iron.

Wow. That is a terrific run. You will get a nice return to further improve on the team.
Hope you did not jinx it.

I think they were within a few games of your team but the kids wanted to re-train a few people and all fell apart after that.
They will try to improve on their lackluster July and try to meet you in the playoffs.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:31 AM   #2805
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

We have someone doing the Diamond and Perfect standings?

Old 06-21-2019, 04:22 AM   #2806
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Don't really know the movie, 12 monkeys, so I guess this doesn't fit, but I've always liked this orangutan logo I made for FHM and never used.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 06-21-2019 at 06:17 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:45 AM   #2807
Edster007
All Star Starter

I192 through July 30

AC East: New Zealand (64-42) holds a 5 game lead in the division. San Pedro had a better month but is still 18 games back

AC West: Hampton Roads (73-34) holds an 8 game lead on Mudville who went 10-12 in July after a great June. Arkham is 9 games back. Chi-Town had a 15-9 month to pull within one game of .500 and trail Hampton Roads by 20 games

NC East: Boogie Knights have opened up a 14 game lead

NC Central: The story of July the NY Mets(71-34). They haven't lost a game since July 7th so they are currently riding a 17 game winning streak. Redmond The Birds (60-48) are 12 1/2 back but were hanging tough until they hit a rough patch at the end of the month.

NC West: Stephensville (63-43) is 3 games in front of second place Pablo

AC Wild Card: Mudville is holding down the first spot with Arkham in the second by 4 1/2 games.

NC Wild Card: Pablo is holding the first spot by one game. Redmond is on their heels but the have a team from Vegas 2 games behind them.

OL Standings below. There are 70 OL games on the schedule in August so I expect some movement today. Hampton Roads has jumped to the top spot.
Attached Images
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:29 AM   #2808
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Don't really know the movie, 12 monkeys, so I guess this doesn't fit, but I've always liked this orangutan logo I made for FHM and never used.
or maybe take the movie logo.... someone more artistic might be able to turn the middle area from a clock/12 into a baseball.... maybe put a baseball in the monkeys hand at the bottom as well (great movie btw... and of all the movies he's been in, this one was one of the best performances from Brad Pitt in my opinion....)

also, got the early-early shift again today, so it'll be later tonight before I can get the Gold level stats updated

edit: anyone have an all-star Lefty Grove (79) to spare they'd be willing to sell? Looking to finish off the lefty-righty mission
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:50 AM   #2809
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Man, you guys have been chatting it up. Sorry I was so busy yesterday I had a crunch at work and Thurs night is band night so I come home pretty beat.

12 Monkeys is one of my favorite movies. Brad Pitt is really good at acting. In that movie he's crazy... or IS HE?

Motown finally blew the majority of their PP. I've been looking to upgrade 1B for so long because I really don't like Carew's red defense there, and after waiting and waiting for a specific card to come on to the AH, when that card finally appeared, I looked at it and said.... "uh, I'm not sure I want this one." Plus I wanted to upgrade for a guy with power. So, after doing a bit of shopping and hemming and hawing, I ended up buying the 97 Norm Cash. Decent defense at 1B, and the batting stats looks pretty good.

Defining "pretty good" batting stats... I like to look up the real-life stats for the cards I'm getting (yeah, I know they are on the card but I look them up BEFORE I get the card and besides, baseball-reference has other info I like to see) and I found out 1961 was a year Norm got MVP. He slashed .361/.487/.662 that year... I'd take that!

Funny though, he displaces my 69 Rod Carew... who just got elected to the All-Star team and who's leading the S279 in batting with a .352 average. I put Carew on the Reserve Roster (don't ask me why!). Probably going to bring him back this evening to replace one of my defensive subs and play him here and there so he can qualify for the batting title. That's 400 PP I want to get!

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-21-2019 at 06:52 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:56 AM   #2810
Charlatan
All Star Starter

S279 Update

Motown continues strong play

August should be an interesting month - the top teams have plenty of OL games. I thought Salem might be able to steal into 1st by playing well in a few more OL games but they have 18 OL games this month.

Code:
Our League Standings - S279 - Jul 31, 2031			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Motown Stars		26	 9	.743
Sanguine Classics	17	11	.607
Salem Witches		12	 8	.600
Port Ruppert Mundys	15	12	.556
Bluffton Boomerangs	12	13	.480
DB Pickleballers	15	17	.469
Las Vegas Gamblers	13	15	.464
Janesville Onyx		14	19	.424
TI Rustlers		17	24	.415
Asylum Keepers		12	18	.400
New York Patriots	10	17	.370

x
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 06-21-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:21 AM   #2811
atabakin
All Star Reserve

I'll be heading out of town till Monday without my computer. The Freeloaders should be staying in perfect, and I believe the Rush have friended the bronze teams in case they get promoted. Unfortunately I realized yesterday I never changed the random ballpark configuration from Entry, so it'll be another week in a mismatched home park!
Old 06-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #2812
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Wow. That is a terrific run. You will get a nice return to further improve on the team.
Hope you did not jinx it.

I think they were within a few games of your team but the kids wanted to re-train a few people and all fell apart after that.
They will try to improve on their lackluster July and try to meet you in the playoffs.
Funny you should say that. I just logged in and saw the big wad of points. I think they lost their opening game, which I expected. Pablo has 4 elite pitchers that I wouldn't expect to wipe the floor with...and that's exactly what happened. Sheets shut the Amazin's down and killed off my biggest win streak ever. Maybe we'll start a new one after this series.

4,000 points though!

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 06-21-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #2813
Argonaut
All Star Starter

The Vikings sent both of our catchers to the All-Star game. Bizarre! Has that ever happened before in MLB or even in Perfect Team? I guess the voters really liked my Yogi Berra/Andy Seminick platoon. May sell Andy if he's going for a lot given that he's in 2 missions.

The Vikings and Crayons face off against each other today. I'm excited for it, I don't think I've ever really played against myself in anything before. I tried to in Chess but got bored after a few moves. The Crayons are a bit weak now as their strategy isn't working, and I've spent a lot of their PP on collecting cards. We'll see if they can hold off Griffey and the boys.

I really want to win one World Series in the lifetime of PT20, that's all I ask for. I think the Vikings are the best shot I've got so I hope they can stop a certain stinky team this time. By the way, my teams are always in the NC... I think across the 3 of them in all the seasons I've only been in the AC once or twice total.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:55 PM   #2814
Edster007
All Star Starter

Has anybody encountered a problem with their roster today? I checked in to see if I won my bid on a Steve Busby auction, I went into my inactive cards and found him along with the 4 players I won at the end of last week. My roster is set as it was at the end of last week and need to wait "14 days" to correct it.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #2815
joehart
All Star Starter

I only saw it once during PT19.

Do you happen to have multiple installs of OOTP.
I remember I was able to trigger this once in PT19 when I used several different versions of OOTP (steam, origin, standalone) within a very short amount of time and jumping back and forth.

Old 06-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #2816
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
I only saw it once during PT19.

Do you happen to have multiple installs of OOTP.
I remember I was able to trigger this once in PT19 when I used several different versions of OOTP (steam, origin, standalone) within a very short amount of time and jumping back and forth.
I was going to post in the bug report section but I just now found my answer. I purchased a second license as I plan to start a 4th team. I have it on a spare macbook in my office. I haven't used it in 2 weeks. Apparently I must have left the game open on my primary machine when I left this morning and when logging in here it can cause the issue according to what I just read. So yes jumping back and forth was my issue. I wish I would have logged into San Pedro first given their season they can use a reset....
Old 06-21-2019, 02:10 PM   #2817
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
50k is the going rate. It doesn't get listed much though, so the times I've seen it up for 55k it usually sells too. One time it was listed at 39k buy-it-now and I didn't have the PP.
I just ripped his card this week.

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:15 PM   #2818
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Puppies have been surging. Still need to fix that offense though. Time to look for some upgrades for all teams today.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:18 PM   #2819
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Defining "pretty good" batting stats... I like to look up the real-life stats for the cards I'm getting (yeah, I know they are on the card but I look them up BEFORE I get the card and besides, baseball-reference has other info I like to see) and I found out 1961 was a year Norm got MVP. He slashed .361/.487/.662 that year... I'd take that![/QUOTE]

Real life stats are on the card?
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 03:24 PM   #2820
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Real life stats are on the card?
tab between "fielding stats" and "history"
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote