Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:57 AM   #81
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Not sure this is workable. I think I understand how it works based on Stanley's post. They do their own standings based on head to head unlike Orcins league which was a straight up PT with friends. This is something completely different.

I just scan the team versus team reports for Our League team records and then post a list of the standings, usually with a little, somewhat fanciful, story. Check out the "Looking for Silver teams...." thread in PT 19 and you'll get the flavor for how it works. I would be open to trying to post a composite standings standings list across the levels. Or we could just have separate standings by level.

I've found that Our League makes the game more fun to follow. It gives you a rooting interest in teams other than your own. There's always a little Our League pride when one of us does well, particularly against one of the cookie cutter whale teams.

Just hang in there awhile. With so many more teams playing with the same competitive ethic, we're likely to get enough teams in a particular league to make some hay.

To repeat myself, just make sure that you add all the team user names, regardless of current level, add them to your friends list, select "use friends" list in your profile and hit "submit team."

To repeatedly repeat myself, if you want to play more than one Our League team, I've found that not having any duplicate players across the rosters makes it more interesting and easy to follow. Each team develops a unique personality and it's kind of cool when they end up playing each other.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:58 AM   #82
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I Will Add You

Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdySauce View Post
NerdySauceF2P

Good Luck.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:21 AM   #83
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Our League Friends List Now at 20!

Here's a screen snip of the up to date list. Missing from the screen shot (because my Universe area still does not want to let me scroll to page 2) are:

Luke_Gofannon - Port Ruppert Mundys

salem_witches - Arkham Horrors

stlrs36 - Asheboro Road Dogs

I have searched these three teams to make sure they are still tagged as friends, and they are. Just disconcerting not to have them show up.

Also Bottom_Of_The_Sixth gets his user name clipped. Helluva way to treat the league founder.

Let me know if there's anything missing.
Attached Images
Old 03-30-2019, 12:44 PM   #84
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I just scan the team versus team reports for Our League team records and then post a list of the standings, usually with a little, somewhat fanciful, story. Check out the "Looking for Silver teams...." thread in PT 19 and you'll get the flavor for how it works. I would be open to trying to post a composite standings standings list across the levels. Or we could just have separate standings by level.

I've found that Our League makes the game more fun to follow. It gives you a rooting interest in teams other than your own. There's always a little Our League pride when one of us does well, particularly against one of the cookie cutter whale teams.

Just hang in there awhile. With so many more teams playing with the same competitive ethic, we're likely to get enough teams in a particular league to make some hay.

To repeat myself, just make sure that you add all the team user names, regardless of current level, add them to your friends list, select "use friends" list in your profile and hit "submit team."

To repeatedly repeat myself, if you want to play more than one Our League team, I've found that not having any duplicate players across the rosters makes it more interesting and easy to follow. Each team develops a unique personality and it's kind of cool when they end up playing each other.
That's a good point. I find myself drawn to the same players because I know they can produce. But, yeah, it isn't so interesting because the teams end up being near carbon copies with no personality. I think I am going to take a look at my teams this weekend and try to fix that. There are a few threads on the forum where people have posted their theme ideas.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:31 PM   #85
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
That's a good point. I find myself drawn to the same players because I know they can produce. But, yeah, it isn't so interesting because the teams end up being near carbon copies with no personality. I think I am going to take a look at my teams this weekend and try to fix that. There are a few threads on the forum where people have posted their theme ideas.

It makes for some tough, but fun decisions. It also makes you look closer at your team when trying to figure which team needs a particular player more. I have to admit that I would probably make a lone exception for Willie Mays, the greatest ever. I wouldn't actively seek to find him for another team, but if I pulled him for one of my other teams, there's no way I could cut him loose. In fact, he is the reason I went forward with Port Ruppert in PT 2.0. Even that 1973 42-year-old Say Hey Kid will be, at the very least, my center fielder against lefties until I get another Mays card to replace it. And I still would keep the card.

My heart also plays a big role, sometimes to my teams' detriment. I pulled a pretty potent Mike Piazza card, but had to get rid of him after about a third of a season. Just couldn't bear seeing him the lineup. I also did the same with a Pete Rose. I'm sure, if I took a hard look at my rosters, there are guys playing ahead of others who have better cards, but I guess nostalgia is a big part of my interest in PT.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:47 PM   #86
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
It makes for some tough, but fun decisions. It also makes you look closer at your team when trying to figure which team needs a particular player more. I have to admit that I would probably make a lone exception for Willie Mays, the greatest ever. I wouldn't actively seek to find him for another team, but if I pulled him for one of my other teams, there's no way I could cut him loose. In fact, he is the reason I went forward with Port Ruppert in PT 2.0. Even that 1973 42-year-old Say Hey Kid will be, at the very least, my center fielder against lefties until I get another Mays card to replace it. And I still would keep the card.

My heart also plays a big role, sometimes to my teams' detriment. I pulled a pretty potent Mike Piazza card, but had to get rid of him after about a third of a season. Just couldn't bear seeing him the lineup. I also did the same with a Pete Rose. I'm sure, if I took a hard look at my rosters, there are guys playing ahead of others who have better cards, but I guess nostalgia is a big part of my interest in PT.
I think what I will do is allow duplicates only on my packs only team. I figure that there is no sense in getting rid of a guy on one of my intentionally crafted teams just because I pulled him on my packs only team. I totally agree with the nostalgia. I have fantasy baseball to play with the current players. I use perfect team to create dream teams of players from the past.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:04 PM   #87
Pappy709
Bat Boy

Another thought my be to have a point cap, total the overall points of your 25 man roster. Start with a 1500 point cap or 1000 and adjust from there. It would put us all on the same level or closer anyways. We could all vote on the cap each season.

Last edited by Pappy709; 03-30-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Pappy709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:16 PM   #88
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy709 View Post
Another thought my be to have a point cap, total the overall points of your 25 man roster. Start with a 1500 point cap or 1000 and adjust from there. It would put us all on the same level or closer anyways. We could all vote on the cap each season.
1500 points calculated how?

FYI - I picked up some achievement points and was able to fill out my staff with historical players for the Gutter Cats.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:37 PM   #89
Pappy709
Bat Boy

On the roster management page and look at your roster and use show ratings, total all the numbers in that column to get your total number.
Pappy709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:43 PM   #90
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On the roster management page and look at your roster and use show ratings, total all the numbers in that column to get your total number.

You mean Ovr rating combined?
Old 03-30-2019, 05:01 PM   #91
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I would not be in favor of any kind of cap. We are all ftp. That should be enough.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:13 PM   #92
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I would not be in favor of any kind of cap. We are all ftp. That should be enough.

I agree, although to play devil's advocate all it takes is one historical perfect pull and a free to play team can be a powerhouse, all the way to perfect.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:37 PM   #93
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I agree, although to play devil's advocate all it takes is one historical perfect pull and a free to play team can be a powerhouse, all the way to perfect.

yeah, it only takes that one amazing pull and sale to a big spender to suddenly have hundreds of thousands of points to fill your roster... got time to devise a point/cap plan if that's what everyone wants to do (worked well for the perfect/diamond point cap league orcin organize in v19).... but it's only week 2, so no rush until we see how things pan out
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:40 PM   #94
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
yeah, it only takes that one amazing pull and sale to a big spender to suddenly have hundreds of thousands of points to fill your roster... got time to devise a point/cap plan if that's what everyone wants to do (worked well for the perfect/diamond point cap league orcin organize in v19).... but it's only week 2, so no rush until we see how things pan out

I absolutely defer to the guys who run this league and am not dictating anything. I only offer my opinion and I intend to enter my team into the league in 20 next week.

I'm very ok with no cap and would only agree most likely to an Orcin like cap, based on tiers and not adding up every single ovr rating.

This sounds like a fun league and the guys in 19 that ran and played it seemed to have alot of fun so I'm looking forward to it.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:30 PM   #95
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Okay, I have done the settings to say Use Friends List for placement settings, but I cannot find where I actually enter my friends. How do I do that?
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:37 PM   #96
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Okay, I figured it out. Have to go to Universe->Managers & Rankings and then do a search for each one, then add each one as a friend.

By the way, I do not like the idea of a cap, I am already doing FTP and no MLB Live or Future Legends players, I think that buying cards with achievements that I earn should be a good way to build the team and it still be fair. FYI, with this team, I am not buying any packs anyway (just using AH), since 70% of the cards in packs are forbidden anyway.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:40 PM   #97
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Jim Perry just pitched a no-hitter for the Shasta Black Bears! 1500 points, but no packs for me, seems like the AH is the way to go.
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 11:13 PM   #98
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
Jim Perry just pitched a no-hitter for the Shasta Black Bears! 1500 points, but no packs for me, seems like the AH is the way to go.
Yup. I have a packs only team to get my fix and aside from a few good pulls, it has been brutal.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:12 AM   #99
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Love the Ripping Sound

I have to admit, after I spend the first week or two getting the roster together, I tend to get attached to my players, and find it hard to replace them, without being forced to by an obvious good pull. I may be a little more patient this year, since I already have a Willie Mays, albeit the 1973 version. I am sure I cost my teams in 19 while chasing down the one I finally got, but it felt so good when it happened. Besides, the ripping sound effect still makes me chuckle.

It will be interesting this year, since only the Port Ruppert Mundys will be Our League ready for the first couple of weeks, at least. I'll be curious to see how well my other two teams fare, and what will happen to the market for the Live players when I'm ready to jettison them. The AH is hard for FTP so far.

Good luck to all in Our League(s?) in PT 2.0.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-31-2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:28 AM   #100
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

All Time Our League Standings

I've compiled the composite standings for the five teams that have played in at least four of the six seasons of Our League. Just wanted to give the new folks an idea of how it went along with just our small list of possible teams. Even these limited stats demonstrate, I think, that the teams' talent level does not skew very quickly. There were competitive races in five of the seasons, with only Philadelphia's romp this season settling things before the last day of sims in PT. These have all been Silver League seasons, because there haven't been enough teams to have at least four in another PT league. With our swelling ranks in PT 2.0 (or is it PT 20?), we may be able to run Our Leagues at different levels. That being said, I would need help in getting the Our League wins and losses for teams in a level that does not contain the Port Ruppert Mundys. I don't mind putting the standings together, but cannot access team vs. team reports for other leagues.

Besides the teams in the table, The Aina Haina Parakeets played one year on their way to Gold, going 15-5, and winning a title. Also passing through on their way up were the Kaneohe Waterfalls, who went 13-14, and the Cooperstown Hall of Famers, who went 15-11, finishing second, I believe. I should note that Cooperstown was not part of the Friends List group, but included them for their lone season because their roster contained no Live or Future players. I don't know if they were FTP.

The title count so far is - Philadelphia, 2 (the most recent two years), Port Ruppert, 2, Aceldama, 1, and Aina Haina, 1.

Kakoola, Philadelphia, and Port Ruppert have played all six seasons, while Aceldama has played five, and Gas House four. There was a one-year hiatus for Our League, when the teams were split up, and there were not four teams in a single Silver League.

At first glance, it appears that Philadelphia has completely dominated Our League, but that is mostly built on the past two seasons, particularly this year. In the first four seasons, they were 48-51.

What I think this shows is that we don't need to worry about points caps and such. The Our League formula seems to work well as it is. Here's looking forward to a great start in PT 2.0.

The all time standings:
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 03-31-2019 at 10:31 AM.