Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM - Technical Support/Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM - Technical Support/Bug Reports Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 02-11-2024, 03:27 PM   #1
wesstukko
Bat Boy

Facegen issues

Hello!

I know this is an issue that has persisted in other versions of FHM. Seeing if anything can be diagnosed from my trace file and see why I cannot get faces of players to show.

Player faces are only a bottom corner being generated.

Any input in FHM10 why this issue is persisting? Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt fhm_trace.txt (14.0 KB, 6 views)
wesstukko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 05:46 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

There is a Facegen bug that has existed through a few different iterations of FHM. It's very inconsistent, which is the one I do believe you're describing. It may appear in some games and not others. Some always seem to encounter it, some rarely. It's making it very hard to track down despite the numerous hours the team has put into it.

If it does happen though, go into your save files and delete all the facegen photos. It'll force the game to regenerate them. Open the game, and see if they now work. If that's not the case, try again. Jeff says it does not work (and there's no reason why it would) but I've found sometimes between deleting the images, I also flip game skins to light and back (with various restarts in between) and then it works as well (although it's more likely due to the restarts).

Hopefully this helps.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:45 AM   #3
drummerJ99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesstukko View Post
Hello!

I know this is an issue that has persisted in other versions of FHM. Seeing if anything can be diagnosed from my trace file and see why I cannot get faces of players to show.

Player faces are only a bottom corner being generated.

Any input in FHM10 why this issue is persisting? Thanks!

Unfortunately that bug has been around since FHM6 (that I recall, maybe longer?). All you can do is do as Adam said, exit game and delete all photos in the graphics player photos folder. Then reload game and pray it works. Normally doing it just once fixes it but I've had times where it's taken 5+ times to finally fix it.
drummerJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 10:50 AM   #4
wesstukko
Bat Boy

Thanks - yeah I have owned every FHM since 5 and unfortunately for me it is not 5 times. I have already deleted them all in FHM10 probably 15+ times and it never, ever keeps.

It is a really unfortunate issue to have. It sort of zaps the immersion out for me. But I am seeing if anyone had a way they maybe cracked the code. Resolution size, making sure anti-virus is turned off for the game, etc. and wanted to check and see if there was another idea out there.

Hope it can get fixed in future iterations....
wesstukko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:59 AM   #5
drummerJ99
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesstukko View Post
Thanks - yeah I have owned every FHM since 5 and unfortunately for me it is not 5 times. I have already deleted them all in FHM10 probably 15+ times and it never, ever keeps.

It is a really unfortunate issue to have. It sort of zaps the immersion out for me. But I am seeing if anyone had a way they maybe cracked the code. Resolution size, making sure anti-virus is turned off for the game, etc. and wanted to check and see if there was another idea out there.

Hope it can get fixed in future iterations....
I've changed computers since the first time I've had this issue. Completely different specs went from AMD to Intel. But I have had a Nvidia GTX graphics card in both builds, 2 different series of cards. Maybe it's a Nvidia isuse? idk.

Last edited by drummerJ99; 02-13-2024 at 07:02 AM.
drummerJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote