Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 08-08-2023, 07:49 AM   #1
It’swhatwedo
Bat Boy

Expansion Team

Good morning! Trying something different, I started a new sim in MLB as well as an independent league running simultaneously with the MLB league. At the end of the first season, I want to take two teams from the independent league and expand them into the MLB league as two new expansion teams. The question is, can I do this and if so, can I then schedule an expansion draft for those 2 teams? Thanks for any suggestions. 😊
It’swhatwedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 10:19 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You should begin by reading the section in the game manual about league expansion. It gives a step-by-step procedure. I think you are making it pretty complicated by trying to move existing teams from another league as opposed to creating two teams from scratch. I would just add two teams with the same names, logos, uniforms, etc. and rename or delete them from the indy league. It should be pretty easy to release and sign the players as free agents if you wanted to keep some of them in your new system.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:26 PM   #3
lightgrenade07
Minors (Double A)

I don't know if an expansion draft for a pre-existing team from an independent league is possible. To overcome the need for this, make sure to set the independent league so that it's possible to have major league-level talent on the roster for your incoming teams. They won't necessarily be good MLB teams, but they should be MLB-level teams regardless - teams capable of winning ~60 games in an 162-game season.

One thing you can do is add a variety of additional picks to the rookie draft. You won't get immediate major league-ready players, but you can do this for a year - or multiple years - in order to beef up the farm systems for the expansion teams.

Step 1: Go to the draft portal, and find the "Actions" menu.
Step 2: Export the draft order to a CSV file.
Step 3 (not pictured): Find that CSV file in the Import-Export sub-folder for your saved game, and edit that CSV file to give additional draft picks to your incoming expansion teams.
Step 4: After saving the CSV file, go back to the "Actions" menu and import the new draft order.

If you do this correctly, you should immediately be able to see the new draft picks where you assigned them. In this example, you'll see where I gave the Oakland A's a series of five additional picks in the supplemental first round.

Off the top of my head, I can't say if this is also possible for a Rule 5 draft. I will check momentarily and update this post accordingly.

EDIT: Can confirm same option is available for Rule 5 draft.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by lightgrenade07; 08-08-2023 at 12:39 PM.
lightgrenade07 is offline   Reply With Quote