Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > OOTP 23 - Historical Simulations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 23 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-03-2023, 09:05 PM   #1
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

problem with pitcher stamina ratings

Played 1969 season and all went well. Moved onto 1970 season and again all went well. Just moved onto 1971 season, and after date change from 12-31-70 into 1-1-71, the starting pitcher stamina ratings are messed up.

Of the 948 SP listed for the 1971 season only 79 do not have a 1 rating. All others have a stamina 1. The ratings are set for 1 to 100.

I've no idea what caused this. Is it a bug in the system? Can it be fixed? Could it be something I did?

Any help very much appreciated
Taco Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 10:27 PM   #2
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Lover View Post
Played 1969 season and all went well. Moved onto 1970 season and again all went well. Just moved onto 1971 season, and after date change from 12-31-70 into 1-1-71, the starting pitcher stamina ratings are messed up.

Of the 948 SP listed for the 1971 season only 79 do not have a 1 rating. All others have a stamina 1. The ratings are set for 1 to 100.

I've no idea what caused this. Is it a bug in the system? Can it be fixed? Could it be something I did?

Any help very much appreciated
In raising anything like this, you need to provide much more info if you want help and, hopefully, a solution.

In this particular case, the following would assist matters:
  • I'm gonna presume, seeing as you've chosen this forum to post in, that this is an historical save? Is that the case?
  • Are you using recalc or just development?
  • If the former, what recalc settings are you using? A screenshot would be great (it's in the HISTORICAL tab under LEAGUE SETTINGS).

At first pass with none of this info at my disposal, I'm going to suggest maybe you've chosen 3-year for Pitcher Stamina and for some reason it has gone hinky on you. But let's see.
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 11:19 PM   #3
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Player ratings update when the World Series ends, not on January 1st.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 10:23 AM   #4
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

Thank you Garlon and Luckyman for the responses.

I was not aware that player ratings changed right after the World Series ended. That is good to know.

This is HISTORICAL SAVE replay of the 1969 season using RCALC. I will post screenshots for how I've set the league up.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:28 AM   #5
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

How do you post a screenshot?

I've done it before, but been a long time and I'm having a hard time remembering/figuring out how to do it.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #6
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Select post reply near the top of the screen instead of using the post quick reply function.
Old 03-04-2023, 10:43 AM   #7
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

Attached are screenshots for:

1) Example of pitcher ratings being off for Royals
2) League setup - A1 SETTINGS
3) League setup - DATABASE
4) Example of pitcher ratings being off for Orioles
5) League setup - FINANCIALS
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 03-04-2023, 10:46 AM   #8
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

Screenshots for:

1) League setup - GLOBAL SETTINGS
2) League setup - HISTORICAL
3) League setup - LEAGUES & TEAMS
4) Twins pitcher ratings being off
5) Mets pitcher ratings being off
Attached Images
Old 03-04-2023, 10:49 AM   #9
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

Screenshots for:

1) League settings - OPTIONS
2) League settings - PLAYERS & FACEGENS
3) League settings - PLAYERS
4) League settings - RULES
5) League settings - STATS & A1
Attached Images
Old 03-04-2023, 10:52 AM   #10
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

This one shows example of how SPEED RATINGS for hitters are off. This is true for all teams.
Attached Images
Old 03-04-2023, 10:54 AM   #11
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

I'm wondering if issue with funky pitcher STAMINA and hitter SPEED ratings has anything to do with having renamed the Kansas City Royals the Buffalo Royals?

Would that mess things up?
Old 03-04-2023, 11:03 AM   #12
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

Any advice or help on how to fix this is very much appreciated. I want to play the 1971 season badly enough (as continuation from 1969>1970>1971 replay) that I'm toying with idea of just going into each team and editing every pitchers stamina rating to something more within reason (say 70-90), but doing so is not only very time consuming, it also takes away from reasoning behind doing the replay - to see how the MLB plays out with myself managing.

It's really quite frustrating to invest time/energy into the game and then have it not work when moving onto another season.

HOPEFULLY... the issue is something I did and not something wrong with the game.
Old 03-04-2023, 11:18 AM   #13
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

You do have automatically expand league enabled. The game is going to check each season to update team ballparks and cities if they have relocated. By changing the team name the game will want to revert it the following season, assuming you did not change the franchise ID in the team section. If you changed the Franchise ID then you will probably have more problems.

I am not certain that could cause all of the pitcher stamina ratings to get messed up though.

Maybe create another game in 1970 and see what happens when you move to 1971. I have never seen this issue with pitcher stamina occur.
Old 03-04-2023, 03:19 PM   #14
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

I did not have the exact same problem, but something similar on OOTP23 (Version 23.10 Build 110). Yesterday evening, I created a historical random debut league from scratch. It had a number of historical SPs in the draft class after the first season that were in the draft pool with borked stamina (below 30) and all showing up as RPs. I had to manually edit Kevin Millwood, Jerry Nops, Ervin Santana, Camilo Pascual, Trevor Bauer and Logan Webb to make them SPs with reasonable stamina levels.

Millwood was the one that I originally caught the problem on - his overall and potential were almost exactly the same, so it wasn't an issue of requiring development.

Happy to post setting screenshots if those would be helpful - unfortunately, I did not screenshot the original staminas for the guys I edited.

Last edited by daveh2018; 03-04-2023 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added Version and Build reference
daveh2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 07:20 PM   #15
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, it's a stumper. Here's my advice.

Before you do anything, backup your save.

One setting not shown that I'd like you to check first of all is Pitcher Stamina in STATS & AI. That should be NORMAL.

I have tried to replicate the error, without luck. Are you using v23?

Here's KCR on same date for me in v23.9.102

And here's Vida Blue, all as you'd expect.

I am, as they say, perplexed.

So these are just Hail Mary sorts of things to try because, like I said, I'm stumped.
  • Switch the Pitcher Stamina HISTORICAL recalc setting to CAREER
  • Use REAL STATS instead of NEUTRALIZED (Garlon will hate me for that one...)
  • Enable Development (G won't like that either...)
  • Run full re-scouting.

Keep us in the loop please, we'll try get this sorted for you.

G

Last edited by luckymann; 03-04-2023 at 07:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:22 PM   #16
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

One more thing - just go to one of the PITCHING / LINEUPS tabs and toggle scouting to OSA rather than your own Scout. See if that does anything.
Old 03-04-2023, 08:53 PM   #17
HitnRun
Bat Boy

See this post as I had the same issue.
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=340871

There was an update to the game shortly after that which fixed the issue. It had to do with Historic leagues and Neutralized Ratings. Not sure this is your issue but thought I would mention in case it helps. I think it was version 23.8.95 or 23.8.98 that fixed it
HitnRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 11:58 AM   #18
Taco Lover
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymann View Post
So these are just Hail Mary sorts of things to try because, like I said, I'm stumped.
  • Switch the Pitcher Stamina HISTORICAL recalc setting to CAREER
  • Use REAL STATS instead of NEUTRALIZED (Garlon will hate me for that one...)
  • Enable Development (G won't like that either...)
  • Run full re-scouting.

Keep us in the loop please, we'll try get this sorted for you.

G

THIS WORKED PERFECT!!!!

Not only did it correct the PITCHER STAMINA issue, but also the HITTER SPEED issue. Thank you very much for taking time to help with this! Now I can't wait to dig back into it.

Many thanks to all for the responses. All the info others provided has been helpful.
Old 03-05-2023, 05:06 PM   #19
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Lover View Post

THIS WORKED PERFECT!!!!

Not only did it correct the PITCHER STAMINA issue, but also the HITTER SPEED issue. Thank you very much for taking time to help with this! Now I can't wait to dig back into it.

Many thanks to all for the responses. All the info others provided has been helpful.
Awesome! Glad to hear. Just remember to back up your save regularly so you have a fallback. Let us know how you go come next offseason after the recalc has been done for '71.

G