Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #1
stevem810
All Star Starter

Francais Baseball League - Julien Henri

Ver. 19 has concluded with the end of the 1966 season. The Career of Julien Henri
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=289325

The year is 1966 and the FBL is now entering the off-season. Julien, fresh off the teams first championship, is a two way player that plays OF and is a Starting Pitcher. The thread has followed Henri since he was a 1960 first round draft pick covering his play in Basse-Point (A), Le Vauclin (AA), Le Marin (AAA), and now at the FBL level.

Julien, born in 1944, plays in the Martinique League, his country of birth. Currently there are four teams in Martinique, four in Eastern Canada, and four in France.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 04-22-2019 at 05:41 AM.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:08 PM   #2
stevem810
All Star Starter

Post Season Updates from OOTP 19

The Diamonds are up 3-0 over the Waves in LCS.

update: The Diamonds sweep the Waves. Await the next and final round

update: Le Diamant vs Chicoutimi-Jonquiere
Attached Images

Last edited by stevem810; 04-06-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
stevem810
All Star Starter

Championship Final Scores

More detail in the OOTP Fictional Simulation 19 thread.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 04-08-2019 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:54 AM   #4
stevem810
All Star Starter

Le Diamant wins the 1966 Championship

Le Diamant Diamonds are the new champions of the FBL as the French Baseball League enters the off-season in preparation for 1967.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stevem810; 04-08-2019 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:29 PM   #5
stevem810
All Star Starter

Awards for GG and Silver Slugger for Diamond Players

GG for Herve DeLage (perennial winner); George Picot gets the Reliever of the Year Award for the Pitchers; Silver Sluggers go to Julien Henri (P), Jean-Piere Pierson (LF), and Habib Vial (SS) of the Diamonds.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 04-10-2019, 10:30 PM   #6
stevem810
All Star Starter

Major Award Winners

Here are the winners of Major Awards for 1966
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #7
stevem810
All Star Starter

1966 for Julien Henri

From the Journal of Julien Henri
It was a season that surpassed my greatest expectations. Winning the championship with a pair of 4 game sweeps is a feeling that can't be described in words.

It was great watching my good friend Herve DeLage put up his best offensive numbers and capture his 4th straight GG at third base. Herve was always a role model for the rest of us on the island as he is 27 and will be 28 before spring training gets underway. From the time I first met him in Single A while playing with the Basse Pointe Bandits he's been a good friend. He's been a great help getting me acclimated to big league ball.

Herve and I are having conversations about our future in the FBL. We are wondering what it would be like to play in France. Paris would be my first choice. Herve sort of likes Marseille. He has 3 more years of arbitration and I have one of auto-renewal and then 3 arbitration years. We're ahead of the MLB when it comes to player rights/contracts so it doesn't really occur to us to play in the USA. But, we are not ruling it out, either. We've heard rumors that there is some unrest regarding players ability to sign with teams of their own choice but most people don't think it will ever happen.

I was pretty charged when I learned that I came in second place for the MVP voting. I don't even start every game.

I'm getting asked a lot if I am going to stay a two way player. Especially, now that our team is so recognizable. I don't know how to answer the reporters because I follow the lead of the team management. They have always looked out for me so until I hear otherwise I will just continue with the program they have me doing.

Just thinking about the USA baseball scene, some of us would like to have some spring exhibitions in Martinique in March. I mean we follow the big players and their careers. Imagine having players like Willie Mays and Sandy Koufax playing on our fields. Not sure it will ever happen but it would be so cool.

Alize is thinking about going to Paris to work next year. I guess that's one of the reasons I think about playing for the Artists. We'll see how that goes.

I'm going to kick back this next month and visit some of the beaches on the island. Some snorkeling, sea fishing, and just hanging out stuff.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:08 PM   #8
stevem810
All Star Starter

1967 Spring Training

The Diamonds will play Montreal in the spring opener today. The team was relatively quiet in the off season opting to sign a few role players. Sebastian Vautier declined the qualifying offer and became a free agent. There was a brief bidding contest with Paris that the Artists eventually won, as they inked Sebastian to a 4 year deal with some of those big Parisian euros.

Le Diamant will get a compensatory pick at the end of the first round. Vautier would have been the #4 or #5 starter so the Diamonds are not distraught about losing him, even though he was a solid player.

Here are the line ups for the spring opener
Attached Images
Old 04-12-2019, 11:32 PM   #9
stevem810
All Star Starter

Le Diamant wins the Spring Opener

From the Journal of Julien Henri

It was like 1966 never ended and we rolled right over to spring. The off-season flew by like one of Cosman' high heaters as I barely had time to catch my breath from the magnificant championship season.

Our pitching was dominant today. Total shutdown. The bats were lively as both Herve and picked up a pair of hits. Twice Herve went for extra bases legging out a triple, then a double. I played CF.

After the game Herve was being looked at by the trainer. Hopefully, we'll get a diagnosis, soon. He is key to our ball club.

Marseille made some noise in the free agent market over the winter. The Soleis let it fly on opening day, too, as they rolled over St. Michel 14-1. A team to watch, for certain.

It looks like another great season in the FBL. I'm really looking forward to it.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #10
stevem810
All Star Starter

FBL History

A brief look at some of the Award Winners for the FBL. Players who have set the bar for others to challenge.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-13-2019, 10:07 AM   #11
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Training Standings - Final

As expected the Cap Chevalier Waves were right on the heels of the Le Diamant in the standings, even if it is spring training. They were the club that offered the only serious challenge to Le Diamant last season.

What was not expected was the loss of Steve Green for four months. He's a huge part of the Le Diamant line-up and locker room and will be missed. Herve DeLage had a nagging injury through much of the spring but looks like he is ready to go, now. Herve led the team with a .483 clip.

Cosman was lights out for the Diamonds posting a microscopic 0.45 ERA to go with his 4-0 record. Burke, just the opposite, as he was tattooed going 1-3 with a 7.71 ERA.

Julien Henri hit .221 and posted up a 1-1/ 4.43 ERA on the hill.

The Diamond management will go about making the final cuts to the roster in preparation for the opening series against the Marseilles Soleis who went 13-17.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-13-2019, 04:44 PM   #12
stevem810
All Star Starter

Stars of the Spring

Vic Cosman wasn't the only pitcher who was dealing in the Coconut League, as Stephane Meyer of the Quebec Snake Eyes won 5 ball games without a loss, and even added an impressive two saves to his spring resume. With just 2 pitches Meyer is ideally suited to the back end of the bull pen.
In the batters box, Luca Maudit the 33 year old LF of the runner up Expedition, just crushed the daylights out of the ball. His .429/.489/.714 gives the appearance that he's got plenty of gas left in the tank. Just 3 seasons back he totaled 100 rbi's, then 91 the following year, but he fought the injury bug in 66 and was limited to 307 PA's. The Scouting Report seems to indicate that his power component is as lethal as ever, maybe a bit moreso. But, Spring Training is not the regular season, when the hits and pitches have meaning.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-13-2019, 05:08 PM   #13
stevem810
All Star Starter

Spring Predictions

The Pundits have filed their annual predictions for the upcoming season. Last year (1966) you will recall they correctly predicted the two best teams in their actual order (Le Diamant and Chicoutiere-Jonquiere) as they faced off in the 66 Championship series with Diamonds sweeping the Expedition.

The Ancien Combatants from Fountain Bleu and the Cap Chevalier Waves are given the nod as the second best FBL teams for 1967.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-13-2019, 11:41 PM   #14
stevem810
All Star Starter

The Away Opener

Both teams had numerous chances to score the winning or go ahead run. But, the pitchers kept the clubs in the game by getting the third out numerous times with runners on base.

In the 13th two errors, two walks, and an infield hit was the difference as Le Diamant won 2-1 in Marseille in front of 28,432 fans.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #15
stevem810
All Star Starter

Infield Injuries

Herve DeLage is now on the D.L. Steve Green, second sacker, has been there for several weeks. Herve is developing a history of being on the disabled list, which is disappointing for the fans but more challenging for team management.

Laurant Mercier was the third baseman before Herve arrived. He's been put back at the hot corner. Curiously, he was looking after second base for the injured Steve Green. No one doubts the proficiency of Laurant's bat, but, his glove work was one of the reasons he was put in the OF. Not that it is terrible, but, it grades out a little under average.

Pichon will initially get more playing time, according to Bench Coach Benoit Mahe. However, there are many, including the GM, who would like to see Laurant Bonhomme get more playing time. He was the most asked about player regarding a trade over the off season. Laurant can play almost any position, but LF is his strongest defensively.

The Diamonds lead the Martinique League with an 8-1 record.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-14-2019, 10:58 PM   #16
stevem810
All Star Starter

Franchise Location - Ed. Note

Editors Note:

Fountain Blue Ancien Combatants are now the Nice Orchids
Chicoutimi-Jonquiere Expedition are now the Ottawa Expedition

Essentially the long names interfered with the box scores.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:59 PM   #17
stevem810
All Star Starter

Standings

The current FBL standings.
Attached Images
Old 04-14-2019, 11:40 PM   #18
stevem810
All Star Starter

Kean - Gone for Good

The 25 year old reliever has walked away from the game courtesy of a torn labrum. Filled with promise, the game is sad to see Gil retire at such a young age. His history in the FBL was brief, but, he seemed to be improving based on the 1966 season stats. The Saanich, B.C. native said he plans on attending baking school this coming fall.
Attached Images
Old 04-14-2019, 11:48 PM   #19
stevem810
All Star Starter

Sebastian Vautier - the Artist

It wasn't easy for Le Diamant to let their former mid-rotation starting pitcher walk at the end of the championship year, and for good reason. As part of the Paris Artists starting staff, Vautier is continuing his fine efforts as he just polished off the Ottawa Expedition in shutout fashion in the 1-0 home win.

Vautier and Brophy were locked in an old fashioned pitchers duel that Sebastian had the last word on. He walked one and fanned seven.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-16-2019, 12:17 AM   #20
stevem810
All Star Starter

May 1

Le Diamant won 20 games in the month of April. Here is the month at a glance as well as the Martinique Standings
Attached Images
Image Image