Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 08-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Schedule Requests 24T 4D 144G Schedule

I would like to request two 144G schedule for a 24 team, 1SL, 4 Division league. I would like the two schedules to rotate so some of the teams play non-division teams at home one year and non-division teams on the road the next year. I want to be sure that every team plays each other every season. Season start day on Friday with Mondays as a league-wide off day.

Division: 18 Games each 9H/9A (90 games)
Non-division: 3 Games each 3H or 3A (54 games)

If you prefer so make one schedule, I could always edit the non-diviosnal games myself. Thank you.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
thehip41
Major Leagues

One thing that will make this not work:

The team numbers don't stay static from year to year.

So in your schedules you have this:

Year 1:
1@7
8@1

Year 2:
7@1
1@8

However, lets say in the first year, your opposite division has

First place Yankees
Second place Red Sox

Year two:

First place Red Sox
Second place Yankees

You can see that you are play two homes series vs one team and two road series vs the other team.

I think you can just make one schedule, and you will play 3 teams at home and 3 teams on the road each year.

I would make it staggers, like plays teams 7,9,11 at home and 8.10.12 on the road. That way, if a team is always near the bottom, you get some variation of H/A
thehip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:12 PM   #3
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Never realized that team numbers don't stay static from year to year. So in order to have a league where all division and non-division games are the same for each team:
-I would need to have each team play the same number of home and away games according to my setup?
-Use only two divisions if I have one sub league?
Old 08-18-2016, 03:52 PM   #4
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Went to edit this an put the wrong text into this post and saved it. What I had edited was that to make this work you need to have a home division to play against, so each team will have a home sister division opp - with each div having a sister div you actually have an home div opp and a away div opp. So what I edited and then screwed it up was the rotation of of a home and and an away opponent. So you would play 2 divisions each season, one all home games and one all away games. 4 games against 3 opp of your sister division and 5 games against the other 3 opponents. This will give your 27 home games against one div and 27 away games against another. 90 games in division 9g each div opp. 144 games.

I put the specs here of how I would do the schedule and then realized that I made a mistake went to make the changes and deleted the most of the post not just my new changes. By the time I realized this I just said hell with it and tried to recreate the whole post with my newer new changes . Anyhow I just summarized what the changes were without putting the exact rotation schedule. This is the exact schedule formation that I did for another schedule on the boards here - but your is less complicated. It works and it does not matter who plays who when because you play everyone in the div either home or away.

Note to self - do not make changes to your post when you are tired.

Last edited by SandMan; 08-19-2016 at 09:41 AM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:25 AM   #5
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Since it is easier to show you what I did, rather than to try to re-type my post above, I have uploaded the actual spreadsheet I used to create a schedule that would be very similar to what you need.

Here is the spreadsheet that shows how I did this rotation in another schedule request. This schedule also required a game against a non div opp each div series because of the 7 team per div, but the concept is the same. The schedule file will be confusing at first, but once you see the non div matchups worksheet you will see how it works and see that this will work great for you. Focus on the non div worksheet and the sched gen worksheets Also note that by doing it the way I did it also allowed the schedule not to have any long home or away series. The sister division format actually creates a block to prevent long series. Down side in this format (7 teams in div) it left some 3 game home stands/road trips. This will not happen with your format of 6 teams. Another thing you will notice is that the schedules are truly custom and not a cookie cutter schedule. If you have any questions about the spreadsheet, just ask. I like to show how I do it so that others may try to create their own schedules. We need more people doing these. I just started doing these again, after a long break, and noticed that many requests have went unanswered over the past few years.

I have the file in openoffice format also (smaller file) if any one wants it.
Attached Files
File Type: xls 28 Team 7-7-7-7.xls (647.0 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by SandMan; 08-19-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #6
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMan View Post
Since it is easier to show you what I did, rather than to try to re-type my post above, I have uploaded the actual spreadsheet I used to create a schedule that would be very similar to what you need.

Here is the spreadsheet that shows how I did this rotation in another schedule request. This schedule also required a game against a non div opp each div series because of the 7 team per div, but the concept is the same. The schedule file will be confusing at first, but once you see the non div matchups worksheet you will see how it works and see that this will work great for you. Focus on the non div worksheet and the sched gen worksheets Also note that by doing it the way I did it also allowed the schedule not to have any long home or away series. The sister division format actually creates a block to prevent long series. Down side in this format (7 teams in div) it left some 3 game home stands/road trips. This will not happen with your format of 6 teams. Another thing you will notice is that the schedules are truly custom and not a cookie cutter schedule. If you have any questions about the spreadsheet, just ask. I like to show how I do it so that others may try to create their own schedules. We need more people doing these. I just started doing these again, after a long break, and noticed that many requests have went unanswered over the past few years.

I have the file in openoffice format also (smaller file) if any one wants it.
Thank you for sharing and explaining the process. Appreciate your help.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:47 PM   #7
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

I had 6 schedules I was working on when I first seen this post. If you are still interested in having this schedule I am only working on one right now and can do it for you when done. I was slowed down by some really challenging schedules but yours looks pretty basic.

Just let me know.

Last edited by SandMan; 08-23-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:27 PM   #8
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
I had 6 schedules I was working on when I first seen this post. If you are still interested in having this schedule I am only working on one right now and can do it for you when done. I was slowed down by some really challenging schedules but yours looks pretty basic.

Just let me know.
That would be great. Thank you so much.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #9
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Here they are.....

i have uploaded 2 schedules. The schedules are just flipped to alter the matchups and the home/away opponents for the non-division games. Just alternate loading the schedules each year.

All schedules have been tested and verified, but if you find any problems please let me know.

# 24 team schedule, 144 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 league, with 4 divisions, each with 6 teams
#
# 90 games in the division (45H/45A)
# - 18 games against other 5 teams of division (9H/9A)
#
# 54 games outside division, in league (27H/27A)
# - 3 games against other 18 teams of league (3H/0A or 0H/3A)
#
#
# No team has more than 6 consecutive days without offday
# Mondays are off days league wide.
#
# Due to there being only 6 game weeks the season is 24 weeks, slightly
# longer than a traditional 144 game season, and 2 weeks shorter
# than a MLB season.
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 18 games
#
# All games start at 7:05pm
#
# Season starts on first Friday on or after April 1st.
# Season ends late September.
#
# Posted 2016/08/28
Old 08-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #10
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehip41 View Post
One thing that will make this not work:

The team numbers don't stay static from year to year.

So in your schedules you have this:

Year 1:
1@7
8@1

Year 2:
7@1
1@8

However, lets say in the first year, your opposite division has

First place Yankees
Second place Red Sox

Year two:

First place Red Sox
Second place Yankees

You can see that you are play two homes series vs one team and two road series vs the other team.

I think you can just make one schedule, and you will play 3 teams at home and 3 teams on the road each year.

I would make it staggers, like plays teams 7,9,11 at home and 8.10.12 on the road. That way, if a team is always near the bottom, you get some variation of H/A

I really don't think this is true when it comes to custom schedules. Run this test to verify what I am saying. Take a MLB season with the actual schedule . Load the schedule and you will see that all the teams match up with their real life schedule. NOw play the season . At the begin of the next season the teams will rotate on the schedule. You can verify that by looking at the previous years schedule. Team 1 might become team 5 or whatever. The team schedule numbers have changed but I am willing to bet that the actual team number from when the league was created did not change. I ca prove this by loading the next years MLB schedule or any season for the test. You will see the schedule change and then if you compare the match ups in game to that seasons actual match ups you will see that they are correct. This tells me that the match up numbers change in the schedule, not the actual internal team numbers.

I did this test with 8 different schedules and each time got the correct match ups that I expected. I did not do this with fictional schedules because there is no base to compare it with. So my point is if you load a custom schedule each year you will get the matchups that you want based oft the team numbers in the original schedule, Team 1 is still team 1, etc.... I am thinking that perhaps the team numbers are internally assigned by alphabetical order by diviison when you create the league. My only concern is what happens when you change teams from leagues or divisions. I haven't tested this out yet.

If the teams rotated each year in internal ID's then ALL the MLB schedules would not work. Team 1 is always 1, regardless of where they are in the standings the previous year.

Also if I load a custom schedule and team 1 plays 2 and it matches the MLB schedule and all the teams match up to real life schedules then you would expect if you output that schedule from the game after loading it that the in game schedule will also have team 1 vs 2. This is not the case. The exported schedule will have different numbers, but the match ups match the imported schedule. This tells me that OOTP schedule numbers change, but the teams internal number does not.

I do not use OOTP schedules and have not in 10 years +, they are not very good. A lot of players don't care and take what the game gives them. I will never do this. This is why I ran this test. I can confirm that if you have a schedule that changes the match ups the following year that you will get what you expect in match ups - don't worry about the OOTP schedule ID this has no affects on the custom schedule numbering.

This is why I created the utility to change match ups in the schedule. If you let the game do the matchups they will repeat and you may never get all match ups. If you load a custom schedule for the first season, then again you will not get an option on getting all matchups and teams may not play each other ever. With my tool you can change the schedule each year or change the matchups to a different IL or non division opp. I know this is a plug for the utility but ,n obody wants the tool or to give me any feedback or questions on it so that tells me people are content in taking whatever the games gives them after the first season. My utility works best if you are playing only certain divisions or IL divisions and not all each season. The utility allows you to change the match ups. I give up on getting a response on the utility and the template, and will not put them in a schedule request zip file. I will create the schedule, but won't waste the time with the modifier tool for that schedule. If some one requests it when I make the schedule I will gladly supply it. I will use the tool for personal use and when I create multiple versions of the schedules I create. I have done schedules for many years for this game, converted many (300+) from the old format to the new in 2006 and recently came back after 7 years of not doing schedule to help out with the many unanswered requests. I am not trying to be negative - I truly want to help.

Last edited by SandMan; 08-29-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:09 PM   #11
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
i have uploaded 2 schedules. The schedules are just flipped to alter the matchups and the home/away opponents for the non-division games. Just alternate loading the schedules each year.

All schedules have been tested and verified, but if you find any problems please let me know.

#
#
#
#
#
# than a MLB season.
#
#
#
#
# Posted 2016/08/28
Many many thanks Sandman. Really appreciate all of your hard work.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:27 PM   #12
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

#
# 20 team schedule, 168 games
# 1 league, with 2 divisions, each with 10 teams
#
# 108 games in the division (54H/54A)
# - 12 games against other 9 teams of division (6H/6A)
#
# 60 games non-division (30H/30A)
# - 6 games against other 10 teams of league (3H/3A)
#
#
# No team has more than 9 consecutive days without offday
#
#
# Schedule is 2 weeks longer than MLB standard schedule due
# to only 3 game series.
#
# Schedule starts first Monday after March 25
# Thus season ends mid October.
#
# Schedule can be set back to the April 1 start date but
# this would have the season end mid-late October.
#
# No All-Star game or break.
#
# All game times set at 7pm ET
#
#
# Posted 2016/09/01
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILN_BGN_G168_SL1_D1_T10_D2_T10_c_T20-D108-N60_smr.lsdl (84.1 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by SandMan; 09-02-2016 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:43 PM   #13
84Cubs
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

#
#
#
#
#
# than a MLB season.
#
#
#
#
# Posted 2016/08/28
I am new to OOTP custom league schedules, and I was wondering if this template works with OOTP 21 and how do I load the files. Sorry for my newbie question.
84Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:00 AM   #14
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Cubs View Post
I am new to OOTP custom league schedules, and I was wondering if this template works with OOTP 21 and how do I load the files. Sorry for my newbie question.
No problem. As Mr. Garrison says, there are no stupid questions, just stupid people

All schedules work on any version of OOTP, so this one will work in 21.

To load a schedule, go to the league settings page (accessible under the MLB menu). Click on "Edit League Schedule." On the schedule page, in the upper right, there's a button marked "Actions." Clicking on that gives you a drop-down menu where one of the choices is "Import From File." Clicking that choice takes you to the schedule folder on your computer. From there, you can choose one of those files or go to another folder if you save schedules elsewhere.

For the schedule here, just click on the link and download it to your computer. You can save it to your OOTP schedules folder or somewhere else if you want. Keep in mind that you can only upload a new schedule during the off-season (that is, before spring training).
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote