Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Cali-to-Death Valley
Bat Boy

Does This Mean I'm Doomed?

It has taken me a year to set up my Universe exactly the way I want. It was very labor intensive, but I had fun doing it. Had everything in place. Fire up the computer, Game comes on....Go to load my Universe and this pops up "the required file 'divisions.dat' could not be opened...ect.."

No matter what I do, this keeps me from loading my Universe. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone know how to remedy this? I don't want to, but I will give up on the game before I start all over again.
I'm running Vista 64 bit if that makes a difference, although it hasn't so far. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance for anything anyone may come up with.
Cali-to-Death Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Ric915
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali-to-Death Valley View Post
It has taken me a year to set up my Universe exactly the way I want. It was very labor intensive, but I had fun doing it. Had everything in place. Fire up the computer, Game comes on....Go to load my Universe and this pops up "the required file 'divisions.dat' could not be opened...ect.."

No matter what I do, this keeps me from loading my Universe. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone know how to remedy this? I don't want to, but I will give up on the game before I start all over again.
I'm running Vista 64 bit if that makes a difference, although it hasn't so far. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance for anything anyone may come up with.
I haven't had this problem but I'm not running Vista so I'm not very helpful
Ric915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

i run vista without any problems!! try to run it as administrator
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Go to the Saved Games file and open it up. You can find this folder in your MY DOCUMENTS FOLDER under Out Of The Park Developments' folder.

Open it up.
Attached Images
Jersey-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #5
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Next, you'll see the Databases you have set up for your universes. You may only have 1. I have 3. Open up the one that you keep getting the error with.
Attached Images
Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Next, you'll see a bunch of folders. Among them will be BACKUPS with dates. Choose a backup folder whose date is a day or two before your error showed up. The folder that you're currently in has the damaged files that you're going to be replacing with the SAME files from an earlier date that reside in the BACKUP folder.
Attached Images
Old 02-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Here's what they look like if you have your folder set to "Thumbnail" view.
You have an early copy of these files located in each of the backup folders with individual dates... so basically, all you're doing is copy and pasting the files inside one of the backup folders over the ones outside of the folder.

Then, start the game and you're back in business again.
Attached Images
Old 02-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #8
bear
Global Moderator

Jim
good walk through on attempting to solve this problem. Same advice I'd have given and the screen caps should help

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Jim
good walk through on attempting to solve this problem. Same advice I'd have given and the screen caps should help
Thanks. I've had this problem turn up about twices in the last few year or so. When it first happens, there's a sinking feeling that follows. This backup system works great, though. You just have to make sure you copy the files to a drive off your laptop or PC in case the whole works crashes. When that happens... it really stinks.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 PM   #10
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Jim good tip
I always have a back up. The first time i put my game on my computer i also make a copy of the game before i do anything.

I also use a program called ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE HOME 2009 to make a copy of my whole C:\ drive and save that to an external drive i bought. It has saved me many a time from computer problems.
wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #11
Cali-to-Death Valley
Bat Boy

Jim, THANK YOU! Worked perfectly. You did an excellent job taking me through it step by step. Again thank you....Also thank you to the rest of you that posted on this thread.

Have noticed that people on this board will go out of their way to help other members. Thanks for letting me on.
Cali-to-Death Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:45 AM   #12
wildhawke11
All Star Starter

Quote:
Jim, THANK YOU! Worked perfectly. You did an excellent job taking me through it step by step. Again thank you....Also thank you to the rest of you that posted on this thread.

Have noticed that people on this board will go out of their way to help other members. Thanks for letting me on.
Forgive my bad manners Cal but i had Jim's posting on my mind.
Welcome to our little home.
wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:

We have a nice community down here in the basement.

Welcome to the group. I'm glad we were able to help

bear

Old 02-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Nice work Jim!
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

Glad I could help - thanks everyone for the thumbs up . As far as I know, this feature is fairly new to the game? Maybe it started with version 2.0? I'm not sure, but loosing a big universe with all its history is like losing your wallet. Maybe not that bad, but you one of those things that makes you dream up new obscenities if/when it occurs.

Danny, I'll have to check out that imaging program you mentioned. I had one in the past but when the PC crashed, I couldn't reinstall the image onto the new hard drive.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:19 AM   #16
Marciano6
Minors (Triple A)

If you lived near Detroit I'd buy you a beer
Old 02-17-2009, 02:12 AM   #17
Jersey-Jim
Hall Of Famer

And I'd drink it!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
dragon29
Minors (Triple A)

thank you so much, jersey-jim. just had all my fighters stripped of their titles - thought i was done, once again. i've given up on so many universes because of these little bugs that i've become very irritated. your help saves all! once again, thank you and i'd buy you a beer and a shot of tequila!
dragon29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #19
bear
Global Moderator

bump

Old 11-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #20
Hootowl9
Minors (Double A)

Bump, I'm having the same problem. After working on my new Uni the last 3 months the game (Version 2.5) won't let me open my Uni. Microsoft Edge is the browser I'm using

with Windows 10. When I click on "Continue Game Hootowl9 Boxing" or load saved game, I get a popup that say's " The required file 'divisions.dat' could not be opened in

'C:\Users\Hootowl_9\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Title Bout Championship Boxing
2.5\SavedGames\Hootowl9 Boxing\'

I'll post a screen shot later when I get home. Thx ….ARRRRRGGGGG.... I'm not very savvy with computers so any help would be great. I'll see if my son can walk me through this.) Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in advance for anything anyone may come up with.

Last edited by Hootowl9; 11-15-2018 at 11:20 AM.
Hootowl9 is offline   Reply With Quote