Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 04-21-2024, 12:11 PM   #21
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
There was no scrolling with the "old way" if you clicked the second tab "Team Stats". The same menu appeared on the "team stats" page that went from the top of the screen to the bottom. Where they screwed up was the menu names. IE the first tab, in v24 and before, was called "Options & preview" while the second tab is called "Team Stats". So yeah, that could be confusing and not obvious to new users, but all that was needed if they wanted a "fix" for v25 was to rename the menus. ie "Game Preview" and "Options & Team Stats". Something I would suggest they do while adding back the information that was removed, or for v26.
Ah, but choosing that team stats thing was an extra click and some people quit drinking Snapple because you have to shake it before you drink it.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:13 PM   #22
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by david watts View Post
ah, but choosing that team stats thing was an extra click and some people quit drinking snapple because you have to shake it before you drink it.

Quote:
"If someone offers an explanation for why something may be why it is without proof then they are blindly defending or making excuses

If someone insults or accuses the devs of incompetence/wrongdoing without proof it’s acceptable.

Never figured that out"
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:56 PM   #23
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
The question (likely rhetorical) was why. Yes, there’s now a space issue. Why did the devs think giving “set it and forget it” settings far more prominent screen space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

I think I visit the setting screen, maybe, three times a season?

50-31 at the All-Star Break, tied for 1st in the NL West with the Montana Big Sky.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:44 PM   #24
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
This.

I think I visit the setting screen, maybe, three times a season?

Three times a season?

That’s a lot. I literally set it my first game and make a tweak if I missed something (or start a fresh file if I forget to turn off the warmup rule).

I certainly appreciate nothing is “easy” to fix, but this, in particular, shouldn’t take long. Just reverse whatever was done.

slugga27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:11 PM   #25
Stragama
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I strongly desire to see the batters vs pitcher for each team before starting the game.
Stragama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 12:07 AM   #26
Swiffle
Minors (Single A)

Honestly, I think I'd rather just see a separate tab with more advanced pitcher and batter statistics for a game matchup. I think the settings having that much vertical screen is ok, as there's a lot, and I do tweak cameras, volume, labels, play-by-play speed from time to time. There was a lot to scroll through previously. So I'd probably just keep the basic batting lineups and matchups as is, then have a 2nd tab, or maybe it's toggle box to show separate info, stuff like, pitcher's last X start notes(ERA, HR, etc) more info on batters in the month of X, or batting line in the current series vs <team>, active hitting/on-base/homerun streaks, etc. Mostly fluff, but hey, it's all tracked and adds some atmosphere and narrative.
Swiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:32 AM   #27
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiffle View Post
Honestly, I think I'd rather just see a separate tab with more advanced pitcher and batter statistics for a game matchup. I think the settings having that much vertical screen is ok, as there's a lot, and I do tweak cameras, volume, labels, play-by-play speed from time to time. There was a lot to scroll through previously. So I'd probably just keep the basic batting lineups and matchups as is, then have a 2nd tab, or maybe it's toggle box to show separate info, stuff like, pitcher's last X start notes(ERA, HR, etc) more info on batters in the month of X, or batting line in the current series vs &lt;team&gt;, active hitting/on-base/homerun streaks, etc. Mostly fluff, but hey, it's all tracked and adds some atmosphere and narrative.

A separate tab would be ok, but they removed the data entirely from this screen, and that’s a big problem.

Old 04-29-2024, 08:16 AM   #28
Reed
All Star Starter

Markus once wrote or said something like, “after you put something in the game, you should never take it out because there will be a lot of complaining”. This thread reminded me of what he said.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:49 AM   #29
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed View Post
Markus once wrote or said something like, “after you put something in the game, you should never take it out because there will be a lot of complaining”. This thread reminded me of what he said.

Yeah. I wish someone would give us a reason for this change.

Even if it’s something like “we were trying to help new players.” Something, anything to make sense of this decision.

Old 04-29-2024, 12:40 PM   #30
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I think it's really as simple as "we redesigned that screen and never really got around to re-adding that". Given the way people called the game unplayable because of having Avoid Ks and BABIP indented slightly, I guess it doesn't surprise me that people are find this "unplayable" (and hey FWIW I used that overlay myself and filed a bug back when I first noticed it wasn't in there, so sure, I'd prefer it be back too).
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:06 PM   #31
jcard
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I think it's really as simple as "we redesigned that screen and never really got around to re-adding that". Given the way people called the game unplayable because of having Avoid Ks and BABIP indented slightly, I guess it doesn't surprise me that people are find this "unplayable" (and hey FWIW I used that overlay myself and filed a bug back when I first noticed it wasn't in there, so sure, I'd prefer it be back too).
To be clear, not everyone who finds fault with the indented format is claiming that it makes the game unplayable. I feel that, intentionally or not, a legitimate argument is being unfairly traduced by (à la cable news characterizations) always being referenced in association with its most extreme partisans.
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 03:05 AM   #32
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Redacted for inaccuracy - Fake news! Fake news!

Last edited by luckymann; 04-30-2024 at 03:32 AM.
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 03:28 AM   #33
Swiffle
Minors (Single A)

"Division Graph" and "Division Graph (+/-)" are different graphs. They're both there as options, looking at the panel dropdown right now.
Swiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 03:33 AM   #34
luckymann
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiffle View Post
"Division Graph" and "Division Graph (+/-)" are different graphs. They're both there as options, looking at the panel dropdown right now.
I sit corrected and have removed the offending post - thanks so much for the pointer and my unreserved apologies for the slight to the devs!

G
luckymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 06:24 AM   #35
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

They made a BIG boo boo on this one, imo. I also play every game and I always checked those stats before entering the game.

Please fix it now Markus.

BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 08:17 AM   #36
redranger
All Star Reserve

For someone that plays out every game as well, I’ll add my wish and hope to see it returned in a future patch.

redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:15 AM   #37
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It'll be back for the next patch
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:23 AM   #38
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thank you.

Quote:
"If someone offers an explanation for why something may be why it is without proof then they are blindly defending or making excuses

If someone insults or accuses the devs of incompetence/wrongdoing without proof it’s acceptable.

Never figured that out"
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 10:24 AM   #39
coolfish2
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Finally!!

You may don't understand or misunderstand my English. So feel free to ask about what I said or about meaning.
If you felt bad by I used wrong words or wrong grammer please tell me then I will apologize and I will be more careful next time.

coolfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 11:27 AM   #40
slugga27
All Star Starter

Quote:

Thank you!!!!!!!