Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 04-11-2023, 06:19 PM   #61
BaseballGOAT
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I see we are now into the “making stuff up” stage of the madness…

I apologize, I mixed you up for a second with Brad K
BaseballGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 06:20 PM   #62
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballGOAT View Post
I apologize, I mixed you up for a second with Brad K
If ever you’re in doubt, he’s the one who wants Roger Maris to hit 70 HRs in 1961 as often as he hits 52…
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 07:59 PM   #63
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

He probably has a few percent chance of hitting 0-9 because of a spring injury, so therefore he needs a few percent for 110 homers!
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 03:39 PM   #64
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

Will we ever get the updated Camden Yards model? Kinda sad we are about a year and a half in and still nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Birdland24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:41 PM   #65
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland24 View Post
Will we ever get the updated Camden Yards model? Kinda sad we are about a year and a half in and still nothing

I would really like to hear the current status of this as I play all my home games there. I added Silvam's (kudos to Silvam!!) park design but still don't know if the factors have been updated.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:19 PM   #66
venflaalachi
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdland24 View Post

Agreed, I find it pretty incredible that they haven't updated Camden Yards yet.
venflaalachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:14 PM   #67
mars001
All Star Reserve

It is my understanding that the park factors are updated and the issue with model is cosmetic. I also understand that they rely on a third party for the stadium models so it isn't in their control to get them updated. This seems like a bad choice to me.

Last edited by mars001; 06-05-2023 at 07:37 PM.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:25 PM   #68
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
It is my understanding that they park factors are updated and the issue with model is cosmetic. I also understand that they rely on a third party for the stadium models so it isn't in their control to get them updated. This seems like a bad choice to me.
Well getting the park factors updated is pretty huge for me. Silvam's stadium model is good enough for me for now too.
james17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:00 PM   #69
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
It is my understanding that the park factors are updated and the issue with model is cosmetic. I also understand that they rely on a third party for the stadium models so it isn't in their control to get them updated. This seems like a bad choice to me.

I just figured with as real as the game is the cosmetic stuff wouldn’t be that hard. They should be on the third party to want to make it right.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:52 AM   #70
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
If the third party company cannot get this updated after a year and a half, then maybe it is time to find another company to do it. It is a bad look.

Also, their Nationals Park model has had multiple Potomac Nationals logos on it for years, and I guess it will never be updated either.
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 12:14 PM   #71
Dorfmann
Minors (Double A)

It's kind of inexcusable at this point. I know that it's "just cosmetic" for most, but I've been managing every game as the Orioles for years. I've no interest in managing 81 games per year in an completely inaccurate ballpark. Yes, Silvam's work is great, but we need the real thing.
Dorfmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 12:17 PM   #72
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I don't completely disagree here but I do find it funny that we've gone from "3D is just a cheap add-on made to attract casuals" to "Camden Yards is outdated and it's ruining the game for me!". I'm mostly just glad I'm playing in a "historical" league where 100% of the stadia are Silvam works...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 06-06-2023, 12:27 PM   #73
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I don't completely disagree here but I do find it funny that we've gone from "3D is just a cheap add-on made to attract casuals" to "Camden Yards is outdated and it's ruining the game for me!". I'm mostly just glad I'm playing in a "historical" league where 100% of the stadia are Silvam works...

Did anyone say it’s ruining the game?

Old 06-06-2023, 02:57 PM   #74
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

It’s hurting peoples’ enjoyment of it, clearly, and again I don’t even really disagree with that (like, it’s been close to 2 years now, come on Com2Us). My thing was only to note how a supposedly glossy and frilly add on has turned into a major aspect of immersion now (which I also agree with; I know I didn’t appreciate how awesome 3D was until I started using it and now I can’t do without it).
Old 06-06-2023, 03:38 PM   #75
Birdland24
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
It’s hurting peoples’ enjoyment of it, clearly, and again I don’t even really disagree with that (like, it’s been close to 2 years now, come on Com2Us). My thing was only to note how a supposedly glossy and frilly add on has turned into a major aspect of immersion now (which I also agree with; I know I didn’t appreciate how awesome 3D was until I started using it and now I can’t do without it).

It for sure don’t take away for my love of playing the game. It’s just an I wish thing. Game set a high bar so I think it’s a compliment for the higher expectations.