Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:07 PM   #41
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Pro Football Strategy is a nice idea but until I can play non 32 team leagues in career or single season mode, no thanks.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 05-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #42
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
Pro Football Strategy is a nice idea but until I can play non 32 team leagues in career or single season mode, no thanks.
Yeah, This game might not be for everyone. I was just Sharing a game for people who like to watch a little animation with perfect stats that is a lot of fun to play. 😁
Old 05-28-2020, 04:27 PM   #43
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully this year's version will be something I'll want to play! It does look neat. I just don't want to run 32 freaking teams, is all.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Old 05-28-2020, 05:18 PM   #44
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hopefully this year's version will be something I'll want to play! It does look neat. I just don't want to run 32 freaking teams, is all.
It’s on the list but I am not sure it will make it this time around. People wanted A lot of options on rules. He even had to add the Canada rules of three downs. I was not wild about that one but surprisingly enough a lot of people wanted that. It was very hard for me to test because I know nothing about the Canadian league and their stats. He has a few different OT options and that takes up a ton of time to program. Also he has a mini way of doing free agency and that took time but actually turned out to be fun which also surprised me. I wanted options for smaller leagues also. I enjoy more of a 3 Division 12 team league. Easier for me to keep track of all the players in the league. A lot of people wanted a 150 team league because he also has college and High school rules. Like I said it is on the list but so many people want so many different things it might not make it on this edition. He has a fault (But a good one) that he listens To his customers and tries to please them. That is VERY hard to do. Lol. The stats are spot on which I love. At least the NFL stats. I do not know enough about College, High School or Canada stats to give my opinion on that. But the price is very reasonable if you like the game and To me it is to cheap. I always felt that a good game like OOTP or DDSPB just to name a couple were to cheap considering all the pleasure it brings me. When you can get a game like PSF for under 4 bucks for the iPad and under 20 for the computer I just feel he put to much work in it for that. But gaming is my life so I really appreciate a programmer who puts out a great game. I always felt OOTP was under priced for the joy it has given me. It cost more to go to McDonald’s one time. Lol.

Last edited by Zorro; 05-28-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:51 PM   #45
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Also in the game you have different ways to call plays if you want. I just like to watch the AI play out my game but a lot of people want to call their own plays. He has different ways to do this from easy just call the play you want to use or the advanced Play where you can even choose who to block with who. All of this takes hours of testing and refining. I do not test this part of the game. It is way to complicated For me to pick a scheme and then choose what blocker to double up on a run Or what pass routes to employ for different receivers against different teams ete. I just like to form My team with their scheme and watch the AI call the plays. I guess my point is it takes a hell of a lot of time for him to get these things right for everyone. He has a list a mile long of things to add and he does some in each update but like anything else there is not time enough in a day to do everything for everybody. But he does try. Well enough of this lol. I can rattle on about a game forever. I just thought I would bring this up for people who might like this kind of game. If you do decide you might like to try it be sure and wait for the 2021 edition coming later This summer. It has more to it.😁
Old 05-29-2020, 04:08 AM   #46
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Also in the game you have different ways to call plays if you want. I just like to watch the AI play out my game but a lot of people want to call their own plays. He has different ways to do this from easy just call the play you want to use or the advanced Play where you can even choose who to block with who. All of this takes hours of testing and refining. I do not test this part of the game. It is way to complicated For me to pick a scheme and then choose what blocker to double up on a run Or what pass routes to employ for different receivers against different teams ete. I just like to form My team with their scheme and watch the AI call the plays. I guess my point is it takes a hell of a lot of time for him to get these things right for everyone. He has a list a mile long of things to add and he does some in each update but like anything else there is not time enough in a day to do everything for everybody. But he does try. Well enough of this lol. I can rattle on about a game forever. I just thought I would bring this up for people who might like this kind of game. If you do decide you might like to try it be sure and wait for the 2021 edition coming later This summer. It has more to it.😁
I'm sold. I'll buy the 2021 game
Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 AM   #47
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is funny. I just got this email from Kerry and it sounds like he might be working on different sizes in the league for season play right now. I wanted it for career play but it is a start. This is what he said.
“Thanks again! I’m working on a new patch, but I’m going to hold off for 3-4 more weeks, because I’m working on some NFL stuff, and I don’t want you to lose your leagues and careers any more than necessary.

Here are the patch notes so far. Now I’m going to work on supporting past NFL leagues, wish me luck!

Beta 4 (5/28/2020)
Improved Play by Play (can now go immediately to a Qtr)

NEW:
- Can now play seasons (Regular seasons only at this time) for non-NFL leagues
- Added custom schedules for non-NFL leagues
- Added ability to import schedules from csv

Details:
Select any league for Single Season play. Click on 'New Season and Schedule'

You can click on 'Replay Current Schedule' or 'Load a Custom Schedule' (modern
NFL leagues have two more options)

When loading a custom schedule, you can load as is or shuffle it.

Please test:
- various schedule sizes for a given league
- please validate that all provided schedules work correctly
- create and load your own schedule
- load as is and shuffle
- please confirm that the NFL leagues still work
- please play some career seasons to make sure they work

I will start thinking through NFL designs for both leagues and schedules.

Thanks,
Kerry
Old 05-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #48
gbmoore121
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the updates Zorro, I've been a fan of the game for a while. Totally different type of game than the DDS football games, but enjoy both. I've seen some of the beta gameplay and it looks like he's made quite a few improvements.

Do you know if you can truly do everything in the mobile game that you can in the pc version? I know there were modding challenges in the 19 version, but I never tried 20. What about career stats, leaders in the mobile version?
Old 05-29-2020, 05:36 PM   #49
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmoore121 View Post
Thanks for the updates Zorro, I've been a fan of the game for a while. Totally different type of game than the DDS football games, but enjoy both. I've seen some of the beta gameplay and it looks like he's made quite a few improvements.

Do you know if you can truly do everything in the mobile game that you can in the pc version? I know there were modding challenges in the 19 version, but I never tried 20. What about career stats, leaders in the mobile version?
Yes it keeps complete career leader stats in the mobile version. You can edit all players and teams and you can review every Past season you play. Now as far as the Mods go I am not sure because I do my own editing for teams and players. I play on the iPad and love it. It has simple animation that I have come to love. He has a different way of doing free agency. You can set up in the options the ave amount of free agency leaving teams from 0 to 5. You get to set one of them as a franchise player to keep him .It is simple but is a lot of fun And makes your decision on a franchise player very important. In fact most of the testers love the way he does free agency because it is simple ,fun and very exciting at the end of the season because you never know who might be on the list. I had 1 season where my star running back and my Star QB were listed so I could only keep one. Free agency is like the college draft. The worst team from that season Gets first choice on free agents. So you could lose a star. I always set my free agency option at two which means some years I have none and some years I could have three up for free agency. I get to chose one to keep. In over 20 years of play I only had my top two stars up for free agency once in the same year. So the better year you have the lower your draft pick is and the lower you picked for free agents. I know it sounds strange but it is so much fun and takes a lot of strategy in a simple way. Best of all you an get this game for under 4 dollars on the iPad (Unless I can convince him to charge more. ) You can make it a college league or a HS league or any league you want. You can set the minutes of the quarters so if you want to play HS so be it. You can watch or play every game with graphics. You can go back in history and see each season. Of course it also keeps career leader stats. I know I sound like a fan boy but it is a fun game and the price is right. (I talk about OOTP in the same way on other forums.) To me 2021 will be way better then 2000 was because of its unique free agency. The graphics are crisper also. So if you are interested I would wait for 2021 to come out later this summer. ��

Last edited by Zorro; 05-29-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:43 PM   #50
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

P.S. Also he is customer oriented so if there is something you would like and it can be done he will listen. He appreciates any suggestions that helps the game.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #51
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

If he’d make that final add for playoffs, and I’d have to imagine that importing schedules is bound to be way harder than setting up a couple of playoff scenarios, I’d probably be in. I mean, theres still the question of stats - football in the 70s looked and played significantly different than football today - but I understand dude’s a solo dev.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:05 PM   #52
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If he’d make that final add for playoffs, and I’d have to imagine that importing schedules is bound to be way harder than setting up a couple of playoff scenarios, I’d probably be in. I mean, theres still the question of stats - football in the 70s looked and played significantly different than football today - but I understand dude’s a solo dev.
Good point about the stats for the 60s and 70s. I Mean you could set the teams to run more for your league I guess but as far as TE play or When FBs in the 60s were the best running backs in the league I am not sure how that would work. He is doing a lot of work on the Canada league which I know nothing about and for college the passing IQ is different so I don’t know how much work it all takes. I play weird rules in one of my main Leagues. I use home town teams from NY (Where I live now) and California towns from where I grew up. I also play 12 minute quarters and no 2 minute warning without ot in the regular season game. That is my favorite league so I have a history of stats for that system of play.

Last edited by Zorro; 05-29-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:28 AM   #53
james17
All Star Starter

Well, I have to say that IMHO FOF8 does the best job of free agency I've seen so far.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:50 AM   #54
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Well, I have to say that IMHO FOF8 does the best job of free agency I've seen so far.
Yes, I’m just saying PSF has a very fun and clever way of doing it. I actually ended up liking it so much that I looked forward to the End of the playoffs to see If I got hit and what to do about it. I am not saying it is better then any other game in free agency out there but only that it surprised a lot of the testers on how much fun that part of the game became. I like FOF (Though it has aged and I do need some sort of animation In my sim)I also like DDSPF. I just wanted to let people know who were not aware of this Gem that it is also out there. I love sport sims. I support all the ones I love every year. They are cheap and it is what I do with my time. I have friends who go out every day and spend hundreds of dollars on tee time and drinks. I sit home and run my own universe for next to nothing in scope. Everyone has a hobby and this is mine. I have played these games since I was 12 starting with Negamco and now that I am retired this is what I do. No TV and I do not even like real sports anymore because in my universe I can keep the players I like and root for. 😁
Old 05-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #55
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark82 View Post
What are the best football sims on the market today?
See by User Rating https://gmgames.org/section/american...mulator-games/

For Mobile, Pocket GM 20 is a must try. Though only for iOS.

Last edited by trident; 05-30-2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:08 AM   #56
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post

I beta tested PGM for awhile but it just was not enough for me. Jon is a very nice guy and the price is good and eventually he probably will have things in it like editing players and extensive career stats but as of right now it is lacking for me to get into. I will support him because he is another one of these programmers who try and the price is cheap.😁
Old 05-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #57
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trident View Post

Trident, Is GM games your website? It is a very nice site.😁
Old 05-30-2020, 12:03 PM   #58
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Trident, Is GM games your website? It is a very nice site.😁
Indeed, I spearhead the content and we have a solid group of contributors. Come to discord if you like, we are focused on watching DDSPF21 in August. FOF9 still a bit of a mystery.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:06 PM   #59
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes, I’m just saying PSF has a very fun and clever way of doing it. I actually ended up liking it so much that I looked forward to the End of the playoffs to see If I got hit and what to do about it. I am not saying it is better then any other game in free agency out there but only that it surprised a lot of the testers on how much fun that part of the game became. I like FOF (Though it has aged and I do need some sort of animation In my sim)I also like DDSPF. I just wanted to let people know who were not aware of this Gem that it is also out there. I love sport sims. I support all the ones I love every year. They are cheap and it is what I do with my time. I have friends who go out every day and spend hundreds of dollars on tee time and drinks. I sit home and run my own universe for next to nothing in scope. Everyone has a hobby and this is mine. I have played these games since I was 12 starting with Negamco and now that I am retired this is what I do. No TV and I do not even like real sports anymore because in my universe I can keep the players I like and root for. 😁
You must be my alter ego! I started out at about that age with Negamco also, am retired, and love playing sports management sims!!!
Old 05-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #60
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
You must be my alter ego! I started out at about that age with Negamco also, am retired, and love playing sports management sims!!!
Lol. It is a wonderful life right? 😁