Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > Perfect Team 22
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 22 Perfect Team 22 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-10-2021, 04:39 AM   #2801
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Silver League

Paxville are still cruising, driven along by their +40 odd ZR.

Seattle are now pacing the league in runs, but their bullpen is the worst. They could definitely do with a reissue of 'not so electric' Eddie!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:46 AM   #2802
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Algoma still holding the top spot. The Penguins schedule today features 4 vs the Shiners
To have a chance, Knockemstiff surely have to sweep that series!
Old 09-10-2021, 05:13 AM   #2803
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Bullets Continue on Top in OL B222

Gettysburg ran its skein against Las Vegas to 10 straight, helping to lengthen their lead.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 05:46 AM   #2804
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
To have a chance, Knockemstiff surely have to sweep that series!

You guys split and Waffletown has a good day and we have a nice three team race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 06:03 AM   #2805
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D368 Update

At the 2/3ds mark, Annandale's blistering hot month has propelled them over Cary and into the Diamond OL lead. Nowhere and Cary are separated by a hair in second place.

Sonora HS is deep in the relegation zone and it's unclear if they can pull themselves out. Lemp Ave. is also in the zone but a hot month could turn it around.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #2806
ColbyVargas
Minors (Single A)

Highlight in terrible week for Lemp Ave.

this is basically because I got lucky on the TRex tourney (anybody want the Dom Dimaggio card? a bit under L10?)
doubt I've been on this list before.
Attached Images

FTP OL

FTP BFF
ColbyVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:24 AM   #2807
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyVargas View Post
this is basically because I got lucky on the TRex tourney (anybody want the Dom Dimaggio card? a bit under L10?)
doubt I've been on this list before.
What is that list? I can see there are some heavy hitters on it.
Old 09-11-2021, 04:34 AM   #2808
Edster007
All Star Starter

Gold

Algoma holds serve and still leads the race for the OL Crown. The Penguins have 12 games remaining including 3 to start todays slate of action with the second place Shiners. Speaking of the Shiners beside the 3 vs the Penguins they have 16 other OL games to work with to try and unseat the leaders.

While the Syrups (9 OL games left) and Warriors (13 left) aren't mathematically eliminated a lot would have to happen for either club to challenge. Coney Island could play the role of spoiler as they travel to Shiner Stadium for the final three games of the season.

In PT play we have 2 division leaders in Knockemstiff and Waffletown while Coney Island is clinging to the 2nd WC spot by .5 games. Algoma is 4.5 off in the WC race.

Currently Sunday and Gear Terrace are facing relegation.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-11-2021, 05:18 AM   #2809
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Silver League

If Paxville lose all 9 of their remaining games, and Left Coast win all 16 of theirs... Quite a stretch, obviously, but wouldn't that be something?!

Hopefully, Paxville and Seattle will both be heading for automatic promotion, and thus avoid PT's pro/rel gremlins.

*Apologies to Rev as I just noticed I've been chopping West Burlington's n off all week
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 09-11-2021, 05:47 AM   #2810
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Could be a tense finish in Gold!
Old 09-11-2021, 05:54 AM   #2811
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Bullets Lengthen Lead in OL B222

Gettysburg widened its margin, with only the minor blemish of finally losing one to Las Vegas marring a sterling month. They will be tough to catch, though the OL schedule will be busy enough. No teams face relegation.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-11-2021, 06:30 AM   #2812
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I Think It's Time

The change over to a theme team has not renewed my interest as much as I had thought it would and it's been about six months of waiting for Willie to no avail. Now my bronze tourney team seems broken and I can't summon up the interest to fix it again. It was irritating to have to import the roster several times a week, but at least it was producing results. The continuous reloading of the team graphics, which seems to have gotten worse (again), and the weird AI managing gets on my nerves more than it has ever done, and more than it should, given that this is a game. I have come to realize that I just don't enjoy this one that much.

What I do enjoy is Our League. However, with the hockey season imminent, and a new FHM game coming soon, I need to wind down my participation in PT. With that in mind, either tonight, if Port Ruppert fails to make the playoffs, or tomorrow, when they're eliminated, I am going full auto pilot. While chasing my themes, I see that I have acquired a plethora of 100 rated cards, so I'll activate them all and let the AI take over everything except roster moves. Except for the probable improvement in performance, I don't think the team will miss my managerial acumen.

As for OL, I will continue to check the forum and will pitch in with standings if there is a league one of my teams is in and no one has done them by Thursday or so. I'll continue to post the award graphics, which has been my favorite part anyway, and, of course, carry on enjoying the reading of the OL thread. I guess what I'm saying, in short, is that I will accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and watch out for Mr. In-between.

The only thing I'm unsure about is whether to blow my remaining PP on packs, or try to complete a few more missions. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 09-11-2021 at 07:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:46 AM   #2813
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I hear ya, Stanley, and I'm starting to feel the same way. With some other interesting games here I am starting to wind down my involvement too. I spam those tourneys like a demon and last Thursday I opened over 100 packs and got maybe 4 live Diamonds and 5 golds out of it. Nothing to help the missions or nothing in the way of good historical cards. I think you should provide some feedback to the OOTP guys as to your frustrations. It might make a difference.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:49 AM   #2814
Charlatan
All Star Starter

D368 Update

Heading into the final stretch, Annandale jumps into a pretty good lead over Nowhere, as a poor month sends Cary into third place.

Relegation is definitely looming for a few OL teams, and a couple are on the cusp. Not sure if you guys want to pray for a good or a bad month so I will say I hope you get what you want!
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 09-11-2021, 09:30 AM   #2815
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Waffletown adds a new arm to the bullpen for the stretch run as they look to lock down their division crown. Joining the club:

SP - Red Ruffing (100)

Roberto Osuna will head to the reserves to make room on the roster.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #2816
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The change over to a theme team has not renewed my interest as much as I had thought it would and it's been about six months of waiting for Willie to no avail. Now my bronze tourney team seems broken and I can't summon up the interest to fix it again. It was irritating to have to import the roster several times a week, but at least it was producing results. The continuous reloading of the team graphics, which seems to have gotten worse (again), and the weird AI managing gets on my nerves more than it has ever done, and more than it should, given that this is a game. I have come to realize that I just don't enjoy this one that much.

What I do enjoy is Our League. However, with the hockey season imminent, and a new FHM game coming soon, I need to wind down my participation in PT. With that in mind, either tonight, if Port Ruppert fails to make the playoffs, or tomorrow, when they're eliminated, I am going full auto pilot. While chasing my themes, I see that I have acquired a plethora of 100 rated cards, so I'll activate them all and let the AI take over everything except roster moves. Except for the probable improvement in performance, I don't think the team will miss my managerial acumen.

As for OL, I will continue to check the forum and will pitch in with standings if there is a league one of my teams is in and no one has done them by Thursday or so. I'll continue to post the award graphics, which has been my favorite part anyway, and, of course, carry on enjoying the reading of the OL thread. I guess what I'm saying, in short, is that I will accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and watch out for Mr. In-between.

The only thing I'm unsure about is whether to blow my remaining PP on packs, or try to complete a few more missions. Any thoughts?

I started spending Coney Islands points for many of the reasons you list. I am not sure I am going to do the theme flip for Sugar Hill. The Warriors bronze tourney team is broken and I don't care to fix it. Sugar Hill still rakes packs in gold tourneys. I may just blow SH points on a pitching staff and call it a day.

Reality is I have been on autopilot for a while. Not going past the log in page just to enter tourneys and log out. Sundays I go in and open any packs and adjust the friends list. I see where I am in the standings when someone posts here.

Like you, I am an FHM player, I have a random debut league going on OOTP and with work travel back I am playing Go! more and more (My 84 Cubs lost game 7 to Detroit in heartbreaking fashion so I am 0-4 trying to get the Cubs the title). That is a lot of hobby time so PT has been the odd game out.

As someone who contributed standings regularly in the past I felt this week it was time to give someone a break as I had a little extra time in the morning. If I do them again I will do a halfway point and final on Sunday.

I wouldn't blow all your points, if you are going on auto let the points accumulate and if you ever get a wild hair (or the Say Hey kid drops) to play again on a semi-regular basis you have something to work with.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:36 AM   #2817
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'd vote for missions if there are any you are close to knocking out, especially if they have a domino effect and knock out more than one.... woke up this morning to 3 regular packs and 3 diamond packs from a couple of successful tourneys... couple of live diamonds and a diamond Pie Traynor (who is part of a couple different missions I haven't finished yet).... quick sold the live diamonds and bought two gold cards to complete Yankees Team 2 mission, which also finished off Yankees FH2 to nab Ruffing

now just need to figure out which one is best to hit next
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #2818
ColbyVargas
Minors (Single A)

weekly tournaments ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
What is that list? I can see there are some heavy hitters on it.
its a ranking they are putting together of how people do in the weeklies. I only play the silvers, but this one week I did well in the Monday TRex and the silver snapshots. I doubt I'll end up that high again. #27 my moment in the sun.

FTP OL

FTP BFF
ColbyVargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #2819
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Over my 2 year/3 version PT 'career', I've never once come away pleased from a "what the heck" mass ripping session of regular packs. I wouldn't recommend it!

Save your PP so you can dip into it when you feel like it (Mays HAS to appear at some point!!!). It'll probably go a lot further in a couple of months as well.

The last few weeks, I've pretty much just been signing up for tourneys and doing the OL tables. Basically, I can enjoy OL just as much without doing all the grinding, so why bother? Jason's words "what's the rush?" struck a chord with me!

I'm looking forward to the MLB regular season ending (with the mighty Mariners in the playoffs ) so quick-selling en masse will be a lot more straight forward. Then the grind will be at a minimum!
Old 09-11-2021, 10:02 AM   #2820
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColbyVargas View Post
its a ranking they are putting together of how people do in the weeklies. I only play the silvers, but this one week I did well in the Monday TRex and the silver snapshots. I doubt I'll end up that high again. #27 my moment in the sun.
Cool. Well, congrats on winning one! I haven't won any kind of weekly since PT20...