Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #81
old timer
Hall Of Famer

My career record is finally at .500! There was only 1 really bad year and that was when we were moved up with a bunch of powerhouses to diamond that first year of the diamond leagues.

Now I'd like to finally have a 90+ win season. Maybe this year?!
Attached Images
Old 02-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #82
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
My career record is finally at .500! There was only 1 really bad year and that was when we were moved up with a bunch of powerhouses to diamond that first year of the diamond leagues.

Now I'd like to finally have a 90+ win season. Maybe this year?!
never too hot, never too cold, eh? heh... feels like my team most years (won the division two different years with an 81-81 record).... got a ways to go before I can get back to .500 with my record (those back-to-back 91 loss seasons in Diamond didn't help things)... but got one championship trophy in the cabinet, so can't complain...
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:20 PM   #83
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Who is your one sure fire all-star for this season?

For my Indians it has to be Albert Belle.
He's tied for 2nd in HR and batter WAR, and 2nd in on base plus slugging.
Never mind he ran a few tricker-treaters down with his car. Off field doesn't count in PT all star selections.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:33 PM   #84
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

At the Diamond level for me it APPEARS to be John Smoltz. He is on both my Diamond teams and clearly the ace of both since acquiring him. I am to have a cost-effective decent lineup that can field, and put my PP into pitching over the years primarily... and even still he's a step above anyone else I've tried.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #85
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Hey... San Bruno CrazyCrabs... knock it off already!! I'm trying to CATCH you, not get buried by you. I guess Crabs are good in the sand now that I think of it but burying teams that are doing pretty good in the sand isn't nice!!

11 wins in a row and counting... pffftt... jerks.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #86
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini615 View Post

Never mind he ran a few tricker-treaters down with his car. Off field doesn't count in PT all star selections.

Bill Terry is on a 6.8 WAR pace (4th in league) and even his ZR is positive (0.7) which is quite shocking. He leads in AVG and OPS and is on pace for 29 HR. No one else is having a standout season (hence our 39-34 record), though Barker and Carpenter are having their usual good seasons.

Edit: Odd, the 6.8 WAR pace came from looking at the projected batting leaders, but if you look at the player page, he's on pace for a 6.2 WAR. I wonder why the discrepancy?

Last edited by old timer; 02-13-2019 at 09:42 PM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:07 PM   #87
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

if they didn't want to get run over, they should have stayed off the sidewalk

for all-star rep for Waffletown:

my DH - Lefty O'Doul.... .280 avg, 12 home runs, 61 rbis.... currently leading the DH vote in the NC.... only have a couple other players even registering in the vote totals (Appling and Youngs both rank 3rd at their respective positions)
Old 02-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #88
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
Hey... San Bruno CrazyCrabs... knock it off already!! I'm trying to CATCH you, not get buried by you. I guess Crabs are good in the sand now that I think of it but burying teams that are doing pretty good in the sand isn't nice!!

11 wins in a row and counting... pffftt... jerks.
As the famous wordsmith stj_jason so eloquently said, I'm enjoying it while it lasts!
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:17 PM   #89
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The Evansville Batbirds nominate setup reliever Lee Smith. He has appeared in 30 games and has only been scored on in 6 of those contests. One of those was an unearned run and three more were due to HRs (two solo). He has a 1.80 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP. He has allowed 7 of 21 inherited runners to score with a leverage index of 1.71 (2.0 is considered high).
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:17 AM   #90
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

The only player on the milk trucks that even remotely stands out is Doolittle with 10 wins and 0.1 war. I figure with a strong second half he may be able to get that war to 0.2.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:20 AM   #91
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Standings heading into July..... horrifically horrendous month for my boys (8-20)... let us never speak of it again
Attached Images
Old 02-14-2019, 09:05 AM   #92
|ChelseaNS
Minors (Rookie Ball)

All-Star

Bedford's Rep has to be Rod Carew. This is the first year he has really performed for me.

.321 BA and 58 RBI's heading into July, I'm at work but if I remember correctly he's also over 50 runs scored. He's also benefitting from a fine year by Tim Raines Sr. (82). who is getting on base and then into scoring position.

Side note, David Cone (93) has an ERA under 1 out of the pen in long relief with a WHIP under .9. Unheard of for that card with it's sh$*t control.
|ChelseaNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:20 AM   #93
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Well, my Dierker is leading the All-Star voting for pitchers, so I'd say him, though it's sadly boring.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:25 PM   #94
Joshrapley
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Eddie Collins Sr (HL - 78) Currently 4th in WAR rankings with 3.6 hitting .308/.397/.442 leading off for me. He has already stole 46 bases and is closing in on his personal best of 63 in a season.

Considering he is only rated 78, he has totalled 42.2 WAR in 9 seasons for me. Unfortunately, he isnt great defensively to a tune of -12.3 ZR over the course of his career.
Joshrapley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #95
old timer
Hall Of Famer

This is how you get to be 13th in the conference in runs scored. We outhit the Gryphons Gold 17-5, but had 31 LOB and lost 5-4.

One problem with the offense is we don't draw enough walks (we're 14th and are usually at the bottom each year) and we need a slight power boost (we're usually in the bottom 3rd). I went for defense primarily so I expected to be near the bottom in R, but I'm now to the point where I want to beef up the offense a bit even if it means weakening the defense a bit. So upgrading in LF and RF should be safe, but the worthwhile upgrades are all so expensive!
Attached Images

Last edited by old timer; 02-14-2019 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:29 PM   #96
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Finally... finally able to add an impact offensive player to the Red Gryphs tonight. So disappointed with Hank Aaron this week (.209???) so parting with him and having enough PP to grab a fairly priced Mookie. Now my defense is pretty solid all around and maybe will be able to move out of the bottom 2-3 teams in the league for BA and runs. The whole offense has been anemic all season, and really for a couple years. Hopefully Mookie does as well for the Reds as he has for the Golds since I added him a couple weeks ago.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #97
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Well, I no longer have an FTP team. I decided to spend a little of my birthday money on PT. So my point total is no longer 15, it's now 24. I added Ivan Rodriguez at catcher and Duke Snider (96 OVR version) in LF who will bat only against RHPs. I thought about getting Trout since he was barely more expensive than Snider, but I'm so tired of seeing Trout on so many teams, I just couldn't get myself to add him even though he's better than Snider in most ways. Plus I like the old timers more (for sentimental reasons only).

Snider is trainable up to a 101 in LF so he'll provide good D too. Rodriguez is a real bargain in my opinion (as was Fosse last time I saw him in the AH). He's got a 106 catcher ability and 102 arm, so he'll be a nice upgrade over Posey (who'll remain as my backup).

I figured OOTP 20 PT will be out soon and I'd like to have a better shot at winning a championship (and winning 90+ games!) before most people migrate to the new game. Plus I thought I should provide a little money (I get the game for free since I'm on the beta team) for my favorite game of all time. And yet, I almost feel like I'm cheating. Weird, because I don't feel that way about others who spend money on their teams.

For those who like to see cards with splits (like I do!), I've attached them both:
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by old timer; 02-14-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #98
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

attention Waffletown Syrups players: the season did *not* end on May 31st

14-30 so far through June-July.... here's hoping they get out of the sticky bog and start playing better after the all-star break
Old 02-14-2019, 06:22 PM   #99
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Well, I no longer have an FTP team. I decided to spend a little of my birthday money on PT. So my point total is no longer 15, it's now 24. I added Ivan Rodriguez at catcher and Duke Snider (96 OVR version) in LF who will bat only against RHPs. I thought about getting Trout since he was barely more expensive than Snider, but I'm so tired of seeing Trout on so many teams, I just couldn't get myself to add him even though he's better than Snider in most ways.

Snider is trainable up to a 101 in LF so he'll provide good D too. Rodriguez is a real bargain in my opinion (as was Fosse last time I saw him in the AH). He's got a 106 catcher ability and 102 arm, so he'll be a nice upgrade over Posey (who'll remain as my backup).

I figured OOTP 20 PT will be out soon and I'd like to have a better shot at winning a championship (and winning 90+ games!) before most people migrate to the new game. Plus I thought I should provide a little money (I get the game for free since I'm on the beta team) for my favorite game of all time. And yet, I almost feel like I'm cheating. Weird, because I don't feel that way about others who spend money on their teams.

For those who like to see cards with splits (like I do!), I've attached them both:
I’ve had both players on my Blue Gryphs (Perfect League) and still have Pudge today. While he splits time with Bench right now, he appears to be just as good for much less PP, and better in some ways. When I join this team up with the cap league Orcin made I’ll be benching Johnny (pun intended) and going with Pudge. Awesome D and hits ok which for a catcher is less important to me.

Snider I did the same - platooned in the OF. Balanced player with some pop. He’ll do well in Diamond for SURE. I ended up moving him but more because I had other more imminent needs vs not getting results from him.

Just go easy on the Gryphs.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:25 PM   #100
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
attention Waffletown Syrups players: the season did *not* end on May 31st

14-30 so far through June-July.... here's hoping they get out of the sticky bog and start playing better after the all-star break
It’s been a tough division. My team seems to do well against teams in other divisions but awful against ours. We got swept by Kubinka this month and slipped from 6th in the power rankings back to 16th. Doesn’t bode well for the stretch drive.