Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-15-2023, 07:17 PM   #2021
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

OL Iron Champions 2057 Belo Horizonte Peasants

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 07:47 PM   #2022
Quinta
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Diamond league:

The scheduling gods are indeed cruel... shockingly, Waffletown sits atop the OL standings at the Diamond tier.... with 9 games played (and to mock the team further, their 71-91 overall record is "good" enough to "win" a relegation spot )

Mount Hawke takes the Diamond tier crown for the 13th time

Rough overall year for OL teams as none make the post season, and at the other end, Quinta and Waffletown head back to Gold
I hope there wasn't a rainout that cost you a game! Anyway, glad you got the crown.

Quinta heads back down to Gold. I was very surprised when I made it to Diamond a while back and even more surprised I lasted this long. Good luck to all those sticking in Diamond.

Last edited by Quinta; 01-15-2023 at 07:49 PM.
Quinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 07:03 AM   #2023
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
Congratulations! What's one measly game between friends, eh?

never one to turn down a charity crown

2058 tier breakdown:

Silver still a half-n-half mess with 3 in one and 3 in another. Think this is the first year we haven't had any teams in Stone (at least in a long long time as far as I can remember).

Iron=10 teams
Bronze= 6 teams
Silver= 6 teams (3 / 3)
Gold= 10 teams
Diamond= 4 teams

Gold league:

NC West should be fun with 4 OL teams, and almost half the NC overall is OL. AC east has the other 3, so plenty of games to be had this season.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 07:48 AM   #2024
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Bronze

It all came down to a final 4-game series between North Bay and Aceldama for the OL B236 crown. While Aceldama butchered the Blizzard in the first two games, North Bay snowed the Butchers in the final two to hand the title to Doug.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 07:54 AM   #2025
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Iron

Fort Davis comes away with the OL I213 title. The Waves will enjoy wear their crown while watching the playoffs from the couch.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-22-2023, 07:57 AM   #2026
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Diamond League

Mount Hawke had a solid season overall and grab the OL crown. Prince Hal took the triple crown!

Mount Hawke and Shinbone are on course to meet in the DS, Tintagel just missed out, and Columbia drop to Gold.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-22-2023, 09:17 AM   #2027
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold league:

Mevagissey squeaks out a Gold crown (just .016 ahead of Aomori) to cap off a solid regular season (division winner and first round playoff bye).

Overall, good season for OL teams as they claimed 7 playoff spots. Port Ruppert vs Aomori in a WC game, winner advances to play Quinta. In the other conference, Waxhaw and Eden Prairie both play in separate WC games. If they both advance, they will face Mevagissey and Los Angeles respectively to make an all OL LDS/LCS on that side.

Greenland will head back to Silver next season
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-22-2023, 01:48 PM   #2028
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

OL Diamond Champions 2058 Mount Hawke Tinners

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 01-22-2023, 01:50 PM   #2029
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

OL Gold Champions 2058 Mevagissey Madder-do-ees

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 01-22-2023, 01:51 PM   #2030
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

OL Bronze Champions 2058 Doug Outs

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 01-22-2023, 01:53 PM   #2031
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

OL Iron Champions 2058 Fort Davis Waves

Congratulations!
Attached Images
Old 01-23-2023, 05:22 PM   #2032
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Looks like Los Angeles won the all-OL Gold tier World Series (4-2 over Quinta). Congrats!

2059 tier breakdown:

handful of teams back in Stone, and looks like either Baltimore or Greenland might be the glue that holds Silver together as we're back into a single league once again, rather than the half-n-half... somehow missed Coney Island at Gold

Stone=4 teams (3 / 1)
Iron=6 teams
Bronze=6 teams
Silver=6 teams
Gold=8 (7 / 1)
Diamond=6 teams

Gold league:

Aomori and Columbia teamed up in the AC East; everyone else doing their own thing.
Attached Images
Old 01-28-2023, 10:37 PM   #2033
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Hello Again

Sorry for the long delay from my last post, but I've been in hospital from late November through early January, with a brief hiatus at home before a return to hospital on Jan 13th, until tonight when I have returned home. I'm sorry, but I only have the necessaries to contribute when I'm home. However, in was a joy to read back though what I missed and see Our League plugging along like the little engine that could. It seems my diagnosis has been a bit of a challenge, but the medicos at Hershey Medical Center are a skilled and smart lot and are zeroing in on a treatment path. I have to say, and this is not false bravado, it has been a fascinating journey so far. I've learned quite a bit because the medical folks at Hershey respect my intelligence and include me in all discussions. They've even pointed me toward on-line seminars and classes at places like Johns Hopkins. so I am really gaining an understanding of my situations. I don't mean to reveal so many details, but I thought Our League members deserved an explanation for an old timer's disappearance. My health is on a firmer footing and the outlook seems optimistic.

Sadly, my absence has convinced me that that my interest in PT 24 is nil, so I will have to follow as a fan of Our League.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 05:35 AM   #2034
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Wishing you all the best, Mark. I won't be on board for '24 either, but will be sure to say farewell to all the good OL folks before I'm done.

An interesting thing for OL going forward... I read that MLB are changing their schedules so that everyone plays everyone. Made me chuckle
Old 01-29-2023, 05:46 AM   #2035
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Diamond League

Congratulations to the Los Angeles Nighthawks!

Quinta weren't far from nicking it, but you can't say LA haven't earnt it!

Just Mount Hawke and Shinbone into the playoffs. Tintagel got a wee bit lucky again, but Mevagissey didn't.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2023, 08:57 AM   #2036
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Sorry for the long delay from my last post, but I've been in hospital from late November through early January, with a brief hiatus at home before a return to hospital on Jan 13th, until tonight when I have returned home. I'm sorry, but I only have the necessaries to contribute when I'm home. However, in was a joy to read back though what I missed and see Our League plugging along like the little engine that could. It seems my diagnosis has been a bit of a challenge, but the medicos at Hershey Medical Center are a skilled and smart lot and are zeroing in on a treatment path. I have to say, and this is not false bravado, it has been a fascinating journey so far. I've learned quite a bit because the medical folks at Hershey respect my intelligence and include me in all discussions. They've even pointed me toward on-line seminars and classes at places like Johns Hopkins. so I am really gaining an understanding of my situations. I don't mean to reveal so many details, but I thought Our League members deserved an explanation for an old timer's disappearance. My health is on a firmer footing and the outlook seems optimistic.

Sadly, my absence has convinced me that that my interest in PT 24 is nil, so I will have to follow as a fan of Our League.
good to hear from ya... sending good thoughts your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
Wishing you all the best, Mark. I won't be on board for '24 either, but will be sure to say farewell to all the good OL folks before I'm done.

An interesting thing for OL going forward... I read that MLB are changing their schedules so that everyone plays everyone. Made me chuckle
heh, as soon as they announced the schedule change and released this years schedule, I checked the Rays home games and as good fortune has it, the Cards play a 3 game set in Tampa in August, so going to be taking a small road trip over there to catch a couple of them

as for PT24... I'll most likely be picking up the new version (one of the better return-on-investment purchases considering how much time over the year I spend playing OOTP), so a 6th season for the Waffletown Syrups will be in the cards... might wait and see if there's enough interest in another season for OL, cause as those who have helped out over the years in gathering stats/etc know, it takes a bunch of active people to pull it off... couldn't make it happen without everyone's participation... and if this is it for OL, it's been a great 5 years and thanks for adding to the fun.
Old 01-29-2023, 09:02 AM   #2037
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Gold League:

Waxhaw ran away with the OL standings this season, going 14-6 for a solid .700 winning pct.

Overall, Tampico will play Columbia in the wild card round. Aomori and Waxhaw also in the wild card, just not playing each other. Possibility for three OL teams in the LCS if all goes well.

And good news from the other end, no relegations.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2023, 03:32 PM   #2038
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Sorry for the long delay from my last post...
Good to hear from you and even better to hear there is optimism for your health.

Of course, there's not a lot of optimism from my view for OOTP24. I'm in a wait-and-see frame of mind, but open to giving it one more shot.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:42 PM   #2039
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Bronze

Doug made the most of their limited OL schedule to capture the OL B222 title. The Outs will be back In Bronze next season, along with everyone else, as they are already Out of the playoffs.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-29-2023, 03:52 PM   #2040
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Iron

Grovers Mill were the winners in OL I242.
Attached Images
Image Image Image