Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > Perfect Team 22
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 22 Perfect Team 22 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:44 PM   #3481
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Heartbreak for OL in World Series

San Francisco fell in the B366 Series, while HelthWyzer, in S390, and Port Ruppert, in G323, each took 3-2 leads before dropping their respective Series.

However...
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:47 PM   #3482
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Left Coast Tops Boulder City in B289 to Cap 2055

The Labrats won, 4-2, over the Wreckers to give OL something to celebrate ending the week. Congratulations!

Make sure to do your list thing. I will cover bronze next week, OOTP willing.
Attached Images
Old 11-28-2021, 08:07 PM   #3483
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
San Francisco fell in the B366 Series, while HelthWyzer, in S390, and Port Ruppert, in G323, each took 3-2 leads before dropping their respective Series.

However...
I thought HelthWyzer was going to take it, especially after they pounded Texarkana 15-4 in game 5. A lot of close games there so it could've gone either way.

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 08:51 PM   #3484
Quinta
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
I thought HelthWyzer was going to take it, especially after they pounded Texarkana 15-4 in game 5. A lot of close games there so it could've gone either way.
After losing close ones in Games 6 and 7 it is obvious the 15-4 win tired them out. Excellent strategy! Congratulations!
Quinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:34 AM   #3485
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

I'll get bronze.

That is, if there is anything to get. I could also do diamond, if there are enough games. I'll be heading off for work before the new leagues drop, so I'll check later today on a break. Hope we did well.
Old 11-29-2021, 07:00 AM   #3486
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

2056 tier breakdown:

another OL-BFF mashup at Gold (meaning two teams missed the cut ), Silver/Diamond look good; Bronze the usual mess.

Iron= 1 team
Bronze= 9 teams (6 in one league, 2 in different league; 1 in a third)
Silver= 17 teams
Gold= 13 teams (11 in one league; 2 in separate leagues)
Diamond= 3 teams

Gold league:
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:23 AM   #3487
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Another OL-BFF mashup at Gold (meaning two teams missed the cut )
So that's Brooklyn and Sunday? Man, the game seems to hate putting Brooklyn into the correct league...

If anyone wants to cover Gold, go ahead! If not, I'll try to tone my cynicism down for my reports
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:35 AM   #3488
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Diamond League

At first count there are only 7 fixtures between Cary and Seattle, so nothing to see here. I'll check again later just in case the fixture list magically becomes enriched.

I'm still shocked that the game launched a full-blown cruise missile at OL and BFF last week! I'm yet to really see the funny side... The relegations even went up from 9 to 10.
Attached Images
Old 11-29-2021, 09:07 AM   #3489
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Silver

17 teams, nicely dispersed. NC West is OL-only and kind of spicy.
Attached Images
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #3490
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
So that's Brooklyn and Sunday? Man, the game seems to hate putting Brooklyn into the correct league...

If anyone wants to cover Gold, go ahead! If not, I'll try to tone my cynicism down for my reports
Game hates anything to do with doing things right for me. Anti-Magus propaganda I tell you.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 05:32 PM   #3491
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Through the PT Looking Glass

It just gets curiouser and curiouser. It seems the pills that Asylum and Terra Incognita took made them smaller. So small, in fact, that they ended up on their own. Asheboro, Bluffton, Route 66, Lumberton, Shoebox, and Boston took pills that made them larger. Iron Maiden got the pills given by mother - they didn't do anything at all.

To be honest, this really blows. I guess that makes me more than cynical, perhaps even disgruntled. I cannot see how three teams could migrate from silver to bronze and then get separated after seasons together. My friends lists for both teams include all the other teams in bronze, as well as Iron Maiden. Now it seems clear that Iron Maiden is just adrift and probably isn't maintaining its friends list, so I understand that case. The other eight teams should be together, as they have in the past. There's no good reason for them to be untethered. This situation and the gold miscues lay the blame solidly on poor coding of the friends list. I don't know if it's getting worse, but it certainly isn't getting better.

It is really disheartening that there will be no OL for my teams this week. The Mundys have no games in diamond, but the Keepers and Rustlers play each other seven times.

Oh well, have a good week, folks. I'll check in on Sunday for whatever graphics need to be posted. See you in 2057, I hope.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 11-30-2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:43 PM   #3492
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Oh well, have a good week, folks. I'll check in on Sunday for whatever graphics need to be posted. See you in 2057, I hope.
I'm sorry that your 1st week back in Diamond is a washout .
Old 11-29-2021, 08:25 PM   #3493
Quinta
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

I can do Gold but I may have delays some days (Tue/Thrs) and there is a chance I will not be able to do Saturday (most likely will but there is a potential conflict). I am also doing Gold while my teams are likely relegation candidates--good luck to the rest of OL.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:04 AM   #3494
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinta View Post
I can do Gold but I may have delays some days (Tue/Thrs) and there is a chance I will not be able to do Saturday (most likely will but there is a potential conflict). I am also doing Gold while my teams are likely relegation candidates--good luck to the rest of OL.
Hey, no worries Quinta, I'll do 'em as it sounds like you're busier than me this week.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:49 AM   #3495
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Gold League

Perfect start for Knockemstiff. Gonna be a battle royale for the playoff spots!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 11-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #3496
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Silver

Gettysburg with the good fortune to be in the same division as Boulder City...or is it the Wreckers bad fortune? In any case, Boulder City got a bullet to the noggin, going 0-7 to Gettysburg for the month. Plenty of challengers in a crowded field will lead to an interesting week.
Attached Images
Image Image 
revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:27 AM   #3497
allenciox
All Star Reserve

So my question is this: In gold, how many Tris Speakers and Sandy Koufaxes are there? It's crazy again that OL and BFF got matched up again after the "perfect league" type diamond league last week: to the point that 19 out of the 22 teams had both players.

It's getting so practically every team in diamond now has almost the same roster (especially last week).

Can you count the Koufax/Speaker teams --- just curious how many have climbed the ladder in your current gold league.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:42 AM   #3498
allenciox
All Star Reserve

By means of comparison, I checked my current number of teams in both my diamond leagues to count the Speakers/Koufaxes (I currently have my BFF team to match up randomly). Both are normal size 30-team leagues. Here are the results:

D357: 16 Koufax/17 Speaker
D363 22 Koufax/21 Speaker

So it has gotten to the point that "most" teams in a random diamond league have completed all of Franchise Heroes 3: but not almost everyone as it was in our league last week (when it was 19 out of 22 teams that had both).

Last edited by allenciox; 11-30-2021 at 10:44 AM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #3499
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

In Gold there are 'only' 6x Speaker and 5x Koufax (because Knockemstiff sold theirs). Enough to make the league top heavy though.
Old 11-30-2021, 07:57 PM   #3500
Quinta
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hey, no worries Quinta, I'll do 'em as it sounds like you're busier than me this week.
Thanks. Appreciated. I could have helped with 3 teams in the league though. As noted by you and Allenciox there is more separation than usual in Gold (although the usual in OL).