Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 03-06-2024, 06:59 AM   #1
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Windows 7

EDIT: Over 150 views with no replies. Thought a tester might still be running Windows 7 and could let me know if 25 would work with it, but I guess that isn't the case. Oh well. You wanna keep running discontinued software, you have to expect that sort of thing. Just have to try a demo when the time comes, or go the purchase/refund route if things don't work out. I suspect the game will be fine with Windows 7, but one never knows, does one? Thanks to all who looked in on this thread.

Last edited by spitfire; 03-08-2024 at 07:30 AM.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:43 PM   #2
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

According to steam it says minimum windows 8 for ootp 24 so likely the same for 25. Not sure if it truly won’t run on windows 7 though.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 02:17 AM   #3
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

I just don't think anyone is running it on 7 or else they'd have responded. Sorry.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 03:07 AM   #4
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
I am not a developer, but I am going to guess this is a no.

Steam dropped support for Windows 7 on January 1st 2024. And Steam is their secondary marketplace.

It may work on Windows 7 since the underlying engine has not changed in a very long time.
But it would not be officially supported in any way.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 11:17 AM   #5
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the replies gennulmen. I agree, it does seem like Windows 7 is verging on prehistoric these days. I can understand why no one much is running it. Sent an e-mail to OOTP HQ asking if a refund would be made available to me if necessary since I'd be trying to run the game on an officially unsupported operating system. Haven't heard anything back on that yet. My hope is that since 24 seems to work fine, 25 would as well. Guess we'll find out soon enough. Thanks again.
Old 03-11-2024, 05:30 PM   #6
TheChief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Steam gives you a 2 hour return window. You can buy it there and refund if it does not work.
TheChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 12:14 PM   #7
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the info. I don't do Steam, but it's an option anyway.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:01 PM   #8
spitfire
All Star Reserve

For anyone who might be interested, it appears the answer is no to running OOTP in Windows 7, at least out of the box. Program didn't install properly as it appears that one or more required .dll's are not native to Windows 7. It might be possible to find and install them manually but at this point I'm not sure I want to go in that direction .... or if that would even work at all.So, looks like I'm at the end of the OOTP road with version 24. That could change if I ever pick up a second computer just to have a more modern operating system available. But for now, it's over and out.

Last edited by spitfire; 03-12-2024 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:12 PM   #9
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

As a developer, although not one for this game, when you put up minimum requirements that means "we aren't going to test it out on anything lower". You're getting silence back because a. the developers extremely don't have time for this the week of launch, and b. even if they did, this was explained and implied with the minimum requirements.

As a beta tester I know I sure don't have Windows 7 loaded anywhere, and even if I did I sure wouldn't try to run it and log the fact that it doesn't work or what have you as a bug. I believe 7 was the one that was still a hybrid between 32-bit and 64-bit and so a lot of newer products are very likely to be incompatible with it.

Edit: realize this sounds harsh. Didn't mean it to be! Just direct.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not

Last edited by Syd Thrift; 03-12-2024 at 03:17 PM.
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 02:54 PM   #10
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
It is also no longer officially supported or updated, so running it on any machine that is connected to the internet is a large security risk.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 07:10 PM   #11
Timothym313
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I actually still run Windows 7 and it doesn't work. It says I need an api-ms-win-shcore-scaling-l1-1-1.dll file. When I add the file it gives me an application error 0xo00007b. I guess it's time for me to finally upgrade my windows. I just want to play some OOTP 25!
Timothym313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 07:39 PM   #12
sdw1000
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Upgrade to 11. It won't hurt. You'll probably like it.
sdw1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:34 PM   #13
mrpoopistan
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdw1000 View Post
Upgrade to 11. It won't hurt. You'll probably like it.

I migrated to Win 11 last spring when literally everything on Earth started killing Win 7 support.

Haven't regretted it once. Especially with features like PowerToys, you can do a lot with Win 11. Highly recommended if you have the machine to run it. Not just for OOTP/Steam reasons. Generally quality of life.

Get the powershell script from Chris Titus Tech to decrapify Win 11, tho. Again, quality of life.

Last edited by mrpoopistan; 03-14-2024 at 11:35 PM.
mrpoopistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:58 AM   #14
TheChief
Minors (Rookie Ball)

You can always Virtual Box Windows 11 and then just install OOTP 25 inside of the virtual box.
TheChief is offline   Reply With Quote