Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 25th Anniversary Edition of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA, KBO and the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Old 02-17-2024, 05:35 AM   #1
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Dear Markus and Matt - My OOTP25 Wishlist

OOTP 25 Wish List

I play solo - sim - control all teams. Playing since OOTP4 - off and on Beta tester over the years... Game has come a long way since then!

Some of these things I have been asking for for years :-)

1. Almanac Auto Generation - right now it happens at the end of the calendar year - created bogus information such as team rosters - because players retire when season ends - the almanac needs to generate the day after the last game of the World Series - before firings and retirements.

2. (I have been asking for this since OOTP8 or so?) A way to "gray out" the Clone, Delete and Retire options on a player. A setting?

I hate accidently cloning a player and really hate cloning a bunch of them at once. I really hate deleting a player and not realizing it. I have to go try to fix my mouse mistakes.

3. A pop-up when any player is on the Injured List but is available from being taken off the list. I get a message for 1 player but sometimes more than 1 team has a player eligible on the same day. During off-season we get message "can't be on IL during offseason" so can I have a "player can no longer be on IL" when I hit 'next day' during the season?

4. Please don't allow a player to be on one team and in the front office of another one. If a player is also a coach/manager, the ability to make sure they are never on two different teams? John McGraw for example? One ID instead of 2, that has both their playing and managing/coaching information?

5. Managers' Won-Less records needs to be only their record as a MLB manager. Not the team's record when they are a coach.....

6. When owner sends you their Season Outlook, Mid-Season report and Review of Season Goals can you add the team name? I have no idea what owner owns which team after the owner's name

7. Transactions Logs have released and placed on active roster but not signed or drafted...

8. Very Picky graphics issue - LOL!

Runner at third needs to be in foul territory - if ball hits him in fair territory he is out.

Markus, this game has come a long ways since OOTP4! You have provided me with hours and hours of fun, capturing my youth playing Strat-O-Matic baseball with this awesome game.

Some bugs

1. In League History, Awards, some award winners' Stats are not there. Seems to happen if team they are on moved after that season was over. Can I also get avg/slg/ops HR RBI instead of HR WAR, pitching W-L ERA, IP Ks instead of WAR.

2. If two teams tie at end of the year the manager of the winning team, even though they made the World Series, are not shown as qualifying for the playoffs that year. The AI just fired a manager that just went to back to back World Series and lost both of them - LOL!

3. If game ends on a fielders choice where no out was recorded in the bottom of the inning the pitcher is credited for 1/3 of an inning even though that out was not recorded.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:29 AM   #2
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

I want dev level control over history. I want to be able to add my own historical coaches since they won't add them. Want to add the real history of the KBO and MILB.
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:20 PM   #3
Haiku
Minors (Single A)

I wish there is FM like 'save as' functionality and an option to turn off automatic saving upon exiting, but I'm keeping my hopes low for this ever being implemented.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 04:25 PM   #4
Zman714
Bat Boy

For me if this is another release that the financial page isn’t more than a copy and paste I’ll stick with ootp 23. I don’t play a lot of fhm but I remember watching a few play throughs years ago and seeing you can add seating and and do stadium upgrades and thinking to myself this would be cool in ootp and to my knowledge it still isn’t there correct me if I’m wrong.
Zman714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 10:14 PM   #5
bailey
Hall Of Famer

How about a game that doesn't crash every effing day? Would be nice after 25 years.

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 07:46 AM   #6
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
How about a game that doesn't crash every effing day? Would be nice after 25 years.
I cannot remember the last time my game crashed and have had very little trouble with any versions for quite some time.

If you are having this much trouble, I would recommend turning on Debug Mode and submitting that trace file after your next crash. That will give the devs information on what happened.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:06 AM   #7
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Might be better to put this as a ootp 26 wish list.
At this point i think i would rather have them fine tuning what they have rather than adding more things at the last minute.
Plus it would be better if ootp had a whole year to work on it.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 09:22 AM   #8
Haiku
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
Might be better to put this as a ootp 26 wish list.
At this point i think i would rather have them fine tuning what they have rather than adding more things at the last minute.
Plus it would be better if ootp had a whole year to work on it.
FM is being criticized for the same thing. However, if they release a polished version with no new features, people will complain that they are charging for a new version rather than an update.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:28 AM   #9
84Cubs
Minors (Triple A)

I also have 2 small requests.

- For shortlists, allow an up to 3 character abbreviation which appears in the shortlist column. When you place your cursor over it a pop up description window tells you the shortlist name. Sometimes I have players on multiple lists and they get cut off.

- For Split / Time frame add options for 7 days ago, 14 days ago, 21 days ago, and 28 days ago.

Thanks
84Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:05 PM   #10
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain King View Post
I cannot remember the last time my game crashed and have had very little trouble with any versions for quite some time.

If you are having this much trouble, I would recommend turning on Debug Mode and submitting that trace file after your next crash. That will give the devs information on what happened.
The game crashes for Dishnet34 live streaming the game! How embarrassing is that?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:23 PM   #11
Haiku
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
The game crashes for Dishnet34 live streaming the game! How embarrassing is that?
Who?
Old 02-18-2024, 02:39 PM   #12
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are these crashes specific to Perfect Team?

That would make sense as to why I don't see them. However, I would also expect the Perfect Team environment to be less stable just by its' nature since it is continuously downloading files from servers in order to stay up to date.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 02:46 PM   #13
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I occasionally see a crash happen when the game runs out of memory. Generally this occurs when I leave it on for several days straight. I also find I need to restart my computer after I've played OOTP for a while if I want other games to run well. I think this points to a slow memory leak. These are often very hard to find; probably next to "logic" errors that don't crash the game but produce weird results way on down the road, these might be the peskiest bugs to quash.

I most certainly don't see it crashing all the time and my league has almost 30 years of history built up (I raise this because in the past I know that larger leagues were prone to this). YMMV I guess but as I said, if you see it crashing that often, drop it into debug mode, wait for the inevitable crash, and then send the trace file to the devs (they'll probably also want a copy of your save but they can help you with sending that if it comes to that - nowadays though you can FTP using File Manager so it's not really a big deal).
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 03:53 PM   #14
84Cubs
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I occasionally see a crash happen when the game runs out of memory. Generally this occurs when I leave it on for several days straight. I also find I need to restart my computer after I've played OOTP for a while if I want other games to run well.

I have consistently played the last 4 OOTPs hundreds of hours each and I have never once had a game crash. I also have a computer with a lot of memory and I don't leave my game on for days. I shut my computer down every night. I also frequently back up my league, like once a week.

The only issue I see is if I sim watch a game, sometimes the player animations look choppy. I usually will close the app and this fixes the issue. This usually happens when I have been simming games, making changes to my team for a few hours.

Last edited by 84Cubs; 02-18-2024 at 06:33 PM.
84Cubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 03:02 PM   #15
Ilan
Bat Boy

another request

in an earlier post I wrote about the ability to more easily see notes on a player's main screen. Now I would like to voice another more important request from my point of view: The ability to view all reports without leaving the game being played. This is very helpful in creating more depth and context statistically speaking, while playing.

Thanks for considering this,

Ilan
Ilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:51 PM   #16
OleDylano23
Minors (Single A)

Hopefully they change it where if you try to do a historical league in challenge mode, you can only have the recalc based on IRL stats. Feels like it should be locked the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OleDylano23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:43 PM   #17
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
FM is being criticized for the same thing. However, if they release a polished version with no new features, people will complain that they are charging for a new version rather than an update.
I will have to disagree.
New features are nice but having a more polished game should always come first.
The ballpark feature was nice but if the game wasn't ready i don't think that feature would matter much.
Anyway my comment wasn't to criticize a feature request but to say how bout we wait till everything ootp has done in this years version is good.
If they can add anything else then great.
If not might be something to look forward to next year.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 08:31 PM   #18
azepeda1
Bat Boy

Commissioner

In this version will Rob Manfred suck as commissioner as he does in real life?
azepeda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 08:52 PM   #19
Bobfather
All Star Starter

Have error messages include fix.

Do not hurt where holding is enough,
Do Not wound where hurting is enough
Do not maim where wounding is enough,
and kill not where maiming is enough
The greatest warrior is he who does not need to kill.
-Berek Halfhand
Bobfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 03:43 AM   #20
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks for the list, we're always happy about constructive feedback.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 02-21-2024 at 04:14 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote