Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 24 > OOTP 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 24 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new 2023 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB, the MLBPA and the KBO.

Old 02-23-2023, 12:13 PM   #1
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Some Likes & Some ???

1. In game analytics
2. Comet Tail for ease of following the ball (good news for old eyes anyway)
3. IAFA private practices and relationships

Questions:

1. Financial Model Improvements - explain a little please
2. Improved Negotiations - explain please
3. Improved Historical - explain please

Thank you, looking forward to the release.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 12:26 PM   #2
BillKnowsAll14
Minors (Rookie Ball)

My question is did they update Camden Yards. I tried to slow down the trailer but couldn’t tell.
BillKnowsAll14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 02:31 PM   #3
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Will OOTP 24 have the new Rogers Centre dimensions and layout?
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 03:53 PM   #4
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Won't buy the game at release for the first time in roughly two decades..

Honestly, if they had come out and said "we're not adding any features to the game. We're going to work on all of the unfinished features we've added in the past" I would snatch this game up in a second.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 04:08 PM   #5
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Won't buy the game at release for the first time in roughly two decades..

Honestly, if they had come out and said "we're not adding any features to the game. We're going to work on all of the unfinished features we've added in the past" I would snatch this game up in a second.
Yes, a group of people say this every year. It is what it is. I can't wait to get my hands on it, there's always small improvements to discover on all releases and it's fun to find them.
Old 02-23-2023, 08:50 PM   #6
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Yes, a group of people say this every year. It is what it is. I can't wait to get my hands on it, there's always small improvements to discover on all releases and it's fun to find them.
Yeah, and also I can all but guarantee that the people who say this would categorically not buy the game if there were no new features. Also I have to say that IME with the game some of the things that looked super meh to me are now things I’m not sure how I ever lived without: 3D for a big one, customized views is pretty great for anyone who plays on a non-standard monitor for two.

In the same vein, I could really easily see some of those in-game overlays being very meaningful. Right now it’s hard to impossible to tell at a glance if a fielding chance is easy or 50/50 or near impossible, and it looks like now we’ll have more information in that regard. And with the uniform stuff, I’m all for continued iterative improvement. People derided pants last year and they’ll deride uniform names and numbers this year as too small an add to upgrade for, but if it helps with immersion, it helps with immersion.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:09 PM   #7
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
Yeah, and also I can all but guarantee that the people who say this would categorically not buy the game if there were no new features.
Actually, I'd MUCH rather see no "new" features and actually finishing some of the unfinished stuff that the game has now.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 06:03 AM   #8
fantom1979
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, I'd MUCH rather see no "new" features and actually finishing some of the unfinished stuff that the game has now.

I've been in the same boat for a long time. I decided a few versions ago that this game is straying from what I want it to be. Marcus obviously has every right to do what he thinks is best, and I have every right to decide to pass on the versions I am not interested in. OOTP hasn't been a day 1 purchase for me in years and these days I pick it up on discount if I buy it at all.

fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 06:18 AM   #9
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom1979 View Post
I've been in the same boat for a long time. I decided a few versions ago that this game is straying from what I want it to be. Marcus obviously has every right to do what he thinks is best, and I have every right to decide to pass on the versions I am not interested in. OOTP hasn't been a day 1 purchase for me in years and these days I pick it up on discount if I buy it at all.
Similar boat as you. I've purchased OOTP since version four, but the last few years, I continue to play the old version(in this case OOTP23), but will eventually buy the latest, probably later in the year. Last year I didn't buy 23 until November, when it was $9.99. And not for any negative reason toward the game, I just don't get as "stoked" for the new version as I used to. The game has brought me a ton of enjoyment over the years, but just not as excited as I used to be about a new version. And that's Ok, Marcus has done a fantastic job with this game. My other go to game is Football Manager, and the last version I purchased was 16. With the mods, it gives me what I want, so if it ain't broken, don't fix it I guess. I am trying out the 2023 demo version, but meh, not sure it will move me enough to purchase it.

Last edited by progen; 02-24-2023 at 06:21 AM.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 06:20 AM   #10
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
I don't think you can win either way.

If they said, "no new features this year, we're just going to improve what is already there", skeptics would think they either they didn't do nearly enough or they didn't focus on the right areas, or, worse, they just gave it a new paint job.

No, I think it's a foregone conclusion that they're going to improve on what they already have every year (you can pretty much bet on some sort of "improved AI" in the feature list every year), but they also need to advertise something new for those who need that.

And regardless of what camp you fall in (don't need anything new or you do), there's no guarantee that what will be worked on is anything that will interest any one single person. I'm sure many people who have been around for 20 some years have had at least one year where there was nothing in the feature list that interested them or they were at least stretching themselves to find interest. And of course the more the game branches out, the more likely that will occur.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 09:34 AM   #11
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

I've bought every version since OOTP 5. That's 20 copies at about a $30 average or $600. total. That $600 has given me 20 years of fun and joy - yes, even WITH the early game issues of a few versions.

I believe in this game and will support it even in years where the improvements are lean.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:16 AM   #12
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Inflation is horrendous. There is only so much money to go around.
Kudos to those that prioritize their discretionary income to this game.
To others there needs to be clear identification of fixes, improvements and enhancements. The reason to buy has not been justified. Others don't care and will buy anything, which in my opinion has companies resting on their laurels
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:27 AM   #13
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbeene View Post
To others there needs to be clear identification of fixes, improvements and enhancements. The reason to buy has not been justified. Others don't care and will buy anything, which in my opinion has companies resting on their laurels
It's basically the price of a meal at the restaurant, I'll skip a meal for this game anytime, laurels or not. I easily get hundreds of hours of fun with this game with every versions.... since version 1.
Old 02-24-2023, 11:05 AM   #14
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Or those "that don't care" have had a different experience than you? They have preordered each year and have yet to be disappointed.

If you stopped at "The reason to buy has not been justified." you've given a fair opinion on how you feel.

Your last sentence is just throwing out an unnecessary insult to anyone that doesn't see it your way.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:06 AM   #15
tonnage
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
I've bought every version since OOTP 5. That's 20 copies at about a $30 average or $600. total. That $600 has given me 20 years of fun and joy - yes, even WITH the early game issues of a few versions.

I believe in this game and will support it even in years where the improvements are lean.

What he said! Those that say they don't buy it but regularly post here... seems odd to me. The enjoyment I get from this game is worth every penny of every version!
tonnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:15 PM   #16
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
be careful to not fall off that soapbox
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 07:53 PM   #17
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Will OOTP 24 have the new Rogers Centre dimensions and layout?

I didn’t know there were new dimensions for that park this year. I only knew about comerica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2023, 08:30 PM   #18
Dave Stieb II
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I didn’t know there were new dimensions for that park this year. I only knew about comerica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yah, they're doing a major overhaul of the entire park over the next couple off-seasons. This year it was mostly centered on a complete makeover of the 500 (top) level and outfield seating. But that includes elevating the bullpens and they are also changing the outfield fence. It won't be symmetrical anymore and it will be higher in some places than others.
It seems ambitous - judging by the latest video update I saw I don't know how they are going to be ready for opening day - but Shapiro says they will be.
Dave Stieb II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 08:36 PM   #19
LeiterFanatic
All Star Starter

Honestly, the most fun I ever had was OOTP 6.5. I have bought every version since 2 and the game simply (for me) is too much of a good thing. I may wait for this one, or may preorder. I do like to support Markus. But I hear all of you.
LeiterFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 05:44 PM   #20
discodude5
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
1. In game analytics
2. Comet Tail for ease of following the ball (good news for old eyes anyway)
3. IAFA private practices and relationships

Questions:

1. Financial Model Improvements - explain a little please
2. Improved Negotiations - explain please
3. Improved Historical - explain please

Thank you, looking forward to the release.
It seems like every year lately we have these improvements that we have to drag out the details of what was improved or how they work.
Someone that knows someone will post the info we need on twitter or reddit but the devs can't just give us the details.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote