Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 01:09 PM   #81
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt from TN
.......but all players are fictional & therefore, since ootp is generating players, most ratings/talents are in the modern era, so I do a lot of editing... will this calculator still help me determine what totals I need to use to get stats closer to RL?

I just created a league set in the late 1800s with fictional players and you can get some good results using the % in the league setup for when it creates players. I lowered power numbers and raise pitching duration, etc and then created the players. It didnt come out too bad at all.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:50 PM   #82
IatricSB
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol
I'll have to say, I got away from this utility for a while, but recently used it for the Base-Ball Union and it took only about 5 seasons of simming/editing numbers to get a VERY good result.

Thanks again, Stacy!
Glad to see people are finding it useful. Thanks!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a Ride!"

Chicago(N) - Boys of Summer
Oakland - 20th Century League
Bakersfield - Wild Things
Brooklyn - QBA
Dodge City - NBSL
California - ABC

Dodger's Senioriest fan on the OOTP Boards
Old 07-12-2004, 02:31 PM   #83
Matt from TN
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IatricSB
Haven't been able to re-produce your problem yet when it suddenly came to me to ask.... Did you setup your default HTML subdirectory? If not, click on the button Edit Defaults and make sure your HTML directory is correctly set. If it was left empty, that would be the reason it is looking in the current working directory.
Was this fixed? I didn't setup my html directory & now I can't verify results... The Edit Defaults button is blanked out so I can't access it either... I copied leagueb.html to the Era Calc's folder or was I supposed to copy it somewhere else? Where does the default html dir. point to?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:34 PM   #84
Matt from TN
Hall Of Famer

Another question... when I Initialize Season, it asks me to input the starting year. Does that mean the current season? If so, I put in the current season & it says "Could Not Find year. Last Year Found Used." The current year in 1940, btw. If I put in last season (1939), underneath the baseball icon it says "Current Year: 1939," but it's not 1939 it's 1940.
Old 05-30-2005, 05:26 AM   #85
majesty95
All Star Starter

Is the version listed here the most updated version of the era calculator?