Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Perfect Team 25
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 25 Perfect Team 25 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-29-2024, 07:35 PM   #21
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
As time goes on, I'm more and more convinced there is no way to win this effort to take Perfect Team back into what it was. The recent "changes" are geared toward those willing to pay anything to win, and who can blame OOTP/Com2US for taking their money?

It's not a matter of whether they CAN fix it - but a matter of WHY would they?

There's a couple things that I might consider next year; Theme Teams by EVC, another March to All-Star Sprint, the Classic game, and maybe even look into the Drive for the Pennant option when it comes out - but 12 months of Perfect Team? ... highly unlikely.
I am with you except for the last paragraph. Since I started playing PT, the base game is not as much fun as it was. If I decide to go ahead and pack it in, then my OOTP days will be over after many years of buying and playing. My buy anyway loyalty was to Markus, not this current ownership.

We will see what happens. It seems like much unhappiness in PT has built up the past couple years.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 09:53 PM   #22
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Well, I finally bit the bullet today.

After a couple weeks of continuously opening 10+ packs a day for my Gold Cleveland Commodores team and getting 99% duplicates - I switched my twitch rewards over to a new 4th team starting from scratch. At least I can squeeze another month of enjoyment out of Perfect Team while I again complete all the possible missions for the new team before they, too, hit the invisible wall...

I'm certain, however, that the All-Star game will be when I wrap up my PT adventure for this year. Just too many frustrations this version to keep punishing myself.

Then again, who knows? I may pull a half dozen top-tier Perfects over the next month to keep me interested............ Zzzzzzz
Old 05-29-2024, 10:32 PM   #23
Magus978
All Star Starter

Another bullet was bit. Tonight was the final straw for me. I've uninstalled and effectively quit PT.

All my efforts to stand up to the combinator whales have failed when I can't even beat poorly constructed 0 combi teams. I'm not up for the aggravation anymore. Someone's getting a bye against me in silver PTCS, because I'm done. The amount of enjoyment I get out of a game is dependent on if I'm having success in anything, which will keep me playing. This extended slump has made me miserable and sucked out whatever fun I was having.

Better to walk away and go play something else.
"That's baseball" is NOT a valid excuse for failure. Those who accept that reasoning are failures themselves. Bootlickers are not worth your time. Form your own conclusions, and not follow those who blindly shill for the powers that be. Lead the revolution, or be drowned by it.

You've got dumb questions. Luckily for you, I've got smart answers.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 12:34 AM   #24
xserp3nt
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post
Another bullet was bit. Tonight was the final straw for me. I've uninstalled and effectively quit PT.

All my efforts to stand up to the combinator whales have failed when I can't even beat poorly constructed 0 combi teams. I'm not up for the aggravation anymore. Someone's getting a bye against me in silver PTCS, because I'm done. The amount of enjoyment I get out of a game is dependent on if I'm having success in anything, which will keep me playing. This extended slump has made me miserable and sucked out whatever fun I was having.

Better to walk away and go play something else.
The bronze quicks tonight have been brutal. the top 4 teams with 7+ 5 star combis are in every single one lmao. Meanwhile I can't get a single 1 of the 18 on my watchlist to be sold on the market.

But hey, glad the whales get all the packs as that's the only way to get non-twitch packs once you completed the doable missions.

Last edited by xserp3nt; 05-30-2024 at 12:36 AM.
xserp3nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 01:18 AM   #25
LeeD
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by xserp3nt View Post
The bronze quicks tonight have been brutal. the top 4 teams with 7+ 5 star combis are in every single one lmao. Meanwhile I can't get a single 1 of the 18 on my watchlist to be sold on the market.

But hey, glad the whales get all the packs as that's the only way to get non-twitch packs once you completed the doable missions.
Again, the problem with Combinators is that you have to pull the right ones. A crappy Combinator boosted five levels isn't worth the time and trouble because it might not be better than the meta at that position...and it certainly won't be better than the Combi version of the meta boosted five levels.
LeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 01:31 AM   #26
xserp3nt
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeD View Post
Again, the problem with Combinators is that you have to pull the right ones. A crappy Combinator boosted five levels isn't worth the time and trouble because it might not be better than the meta at that position...and it certainly won't be better than the Combi version of the meta boosted five levels.

The problem with this is that it seems that the whales bought them up in the early window of the launch when people were still not sure what they were / how they worked. And now the cats out of the bag making it next to impossible to get one of the meta ones.

So either the meta needs to change, combinator drop rates need a buff, or rewards need to be buffed to give out more packs. It’s truly a rich get richer situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2024, 08:03 AM   #27
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I am sure glad to see more people showing up on these forums. I hope the flow continues with people coming here to voice their concerns with the game. The more of us that show up the better.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 08:55 AM   #28
muskiehunter99
Bat Boy

I'm F2P (though, admittedly, I play far too much, and make sure to get the Twitch packs most days) and totally understand the complaints about combinator-heavy teams. Every loss to the Seoul Eagles (and a few others) hurts.

However, I don't think it is impossible to compete as F2P. Of course, I'm likely to jinx myself by making this post, but as F2P I have:
  • Been in Diamond League for the last 4-5 weeks and have made the playoffs every year;
  • Consistently won Silver and Low Diamond quicks nearly every day;
  • Finished top 10 in one or more tournament categories (silver/diamond/wild card) every week except for one;
  • Qualified for 4 PTCS categories last cycle;
  • Completed all of the Future Legend and Gamechangers missions to obtain the toppers (Pujols, Yates, De la Cruz, and Gore).

That said, I do think there is a very strong "win more" effect that some of the posters have mentioned. In order to be successful in league, quicks, and tournaments, you need packs and PP. OOTP has added a variety of mechanisms that have really helped me in this respect: big pots of PP for finishing top 10 in tournament categories each week, big pots of PP for being promoted to Gold and Diamond, packs for making the playoffs in Diamond, Twitch Drops, free PTCS cards even if you bomb out in round 1, and adding more daily tournaments.

However, to receive most of the above, you need to be able to win things. If I started playing PT today as F2P instead of on Day 1, I'm sure my situation would be a lot different. I was able to be very successful early on by focusing on Silver tournaments before combinators were a big thing. I was then able to parlay that success into buying my own combinators and continue to be competitive. I also got some pack luck early and pulled a Skenes that I was able to sell for ~185,000 PP.

Of course, I don't have a full team of fully upgraded combinators for any tournament level (or close to it), but I do have a decent assortment at key positions. None of the uber meta cards, but if you do some digging, there are other, less-obvious ones that can be purchased way cheaper. For example, I've been using a silver SP that I purchased for around the minimum that I upgraded to 5 and use as a reliever in Diamond. I also got lucky with a few diamond combinator pulls, which have helped. I mostly have upgraded by being patient and buying 10 copies of cheap silvers/bronzes/irons, which is a grind.

For reference, my league team has 2-3 combinators. My low diamond has 3. My silver has 6. Usually at core positions like SP, SS, and CF for maximum effect. I can't afford full teams, but rounding out these with more current cards in the other positions has kept me competitive.

It is easier to get "lucky" when you have a lot of packs to open, which is related to being successful, and the loop continues. I usually have 20-30 packs to open a day as F2P, and have saved up 60-70 for a few days before content release days multiple times.

I'm aware that If I go through an extended drought in quicks/tournies/league, I will likely fall out of being competitive (perhaps permanently), unless I got some good pack luck or some nice missions. It is a precarious position to be in.
muskiehunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 09:09 AM   #29
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiehunter99 View Post
I'm F2P (though, admittedly, I play far too much, and make sure to get the Twitch packs most days) and totally understand the complaints about combinator-heavy teams. Every loss to the Seoul Eagles (and a few others) hurts.

However, I don't think it is impossible to compete as F2P. Of course, I'm likely to jinx myself by making this post, but as F2P I have:
  • Been in Diamond League for the last 4-5 weeks and have made the playoffs every year;
  • Finished top 10 in one or more tournament categories (silver/diamond/wild card) every week except for one;
  • Completed all of the Future Legend and Gamechangers missions to obtain the toppers (Pujols, Yates, De la Cruz, and Gore).

That said, I do think there is a very strong "win more" effect that some of the posters have mentioned. In order to be successful in league, quicks, and tournaments, you need packs and PP. OOTP has added a variety of mechanisms that have really helped me in this respect: big pots of PP for finishing top 10 in tournament categories each week, big pots of PP for being promoted to Gold and Diamond, packs for making the playoffs in Diamond, Twitch Drops, free PTCS cards even if you bomb out in round 1, and adding more daily tournaments.

However, to receive most of the above, you need to be able to win things. If I started playing PT today as F2P instead of on Day 1, I'm sure my situation would be a lot different. I was able to be very successful early on by focusing on Silver tournaments before combinators were a big thing. I was then able to parlay that success into buying my own combinators and continue to be competitive. I also got some pack luck early and pulled a Skenes that I was able to sell for ~185,000 PP.

Of course, I don't have a full team of fully upgraded combinators for any tournament level (or close to it), but I do have a decent assortment at key positions. None of the uber meta cards, but if you do some digging, there are other, less-obvious ones that can be purchased way cheaper. For example, I've been using a silver SP that I purchased for around the minimum that I upgraded to 5 and use as a reliever in Diamond. I also got lucky with a few diamond combinator pulls, which have helped. I mostly have upgraded by being patient and buying 10 copies of cheap silvers/bronzes/irons, which is a grind.

For reference, my league team has 2-3 combinators. My low diamond has 3. My silver has 6. Usually at core positions like SP, SS, and CF for maximum effect. I can't afford full teams, but rounding out these with more current cards in the other positions has kept me competitive.

It is easier to get "lucky" when you have a lot of packs to open, which is related to being successful, and the loop continues. I usually have 20-30 packs to open a day as F2P, and have saved up 60-70 for a few days before content release days multiple times.

I'm aware that If I go through an extended drought in quicks/tournies/league, I will likely fall out of being competitive (perhaps permanently), unless I got some good pack luck or some nice missions. It is a precarious position to be in.
I actually don't disagree with anything you said here, but the following line brought me back to my overall complaint...

"""...though, admittedly, I play far too much..."""

For most of us, the game is suppose to "fun". It's not a calculus test, or a 6 page spreadsheet I need to create and update each year to compete. It may be blasphemous, but OOTP isn't the only thing in my life. This past few years (since Com2US took over) has turned my entertainment into a full time job - and I simply don't want or need that.

The classic game gives me the original "joy" I had for the game, and hope that version of the game will continue to improve. In the mean time, I'll jump on the bandwagon from March to June, and then find something more "fun" to do.
Old 05-30-2024, 09:24 AM   #30
muskiehunter99
Bat Boy

Quote:
I actually don't disagree with anything you said here, but the following line brought me back to my overall complaint...

For most of us, the game is suppose to "fun". It's not a calculus test, or a 6 page spreadsheet I need to create and update each year to compete. It may be blasphemous, but OOTP isn't the only thing in my life. This past few years (since Com2US took over) has turned my entertainment into a full time job - and I simply don't want or need that.

The classic game gives me the original "joy" I had for the game, and hope that version of the game will continue to improve. In the mean time, I'll jump on the bandwagon from March to June, and then find something more "fun" to do.
Yeah, I totally get that. I know Sporer has said on his stream that to be competitive at the high levels as a F2P, you are going to need to grind. I think I am a good example of that. Whether that is the way it should be is up for debate. At its heart, PT is a card game, and all card games have some level of P2W involved. It is baked in to the format and mitigation is all you can really go for.

I think adding a combinator limit to certain tournament types (I think some posters have suggested 4-5 cards) is a nice medium ground, but I'm aware that comes off as self-serving as a person who currently has around that many for most tournaments. On the other hand, if I am a good example of a grinder, then making F2P players such as myself a bit more competitive against P2W whales might be a reasonable aim (and, of course, it would still help those with no combinators a lot too).

Also, I forgot to mention something in my last post. Perfect Drafts are a perfect solution to F2P players who haven't snowballed and aren't competitive in quicks/tournies. Everyone starts from equal footing in each draft, and if you are successful based on your skill, then you will receive substantial pack rewards. I have also taken advantage of this route, and it has no P2W element.

Last edited by muskiehunter99; 05-30-2024 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 09:29 AM   #31
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Quote:
I also got lucky with a few diamond combinator pulls, which have helped.
I'm not being snarky here, but this did make me chuckle. I've pulled a gold and a silver that it was possible to sell. I'll probably get Ned Williams if I do pull a diamond
Old 05-30-2024, 09:46 AM   #32
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

I'm effectively retiring from PT. There's just too much time demand, and I don't get the thrill that I used to. I've decided that my time is better spent on the core game, producing skyboxes, QuickStarts, and continuing in beta. I may drop in once a month or so to see what's happened to my core team. Ciao!

“His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, and called himself Sam.”—Lord of Light

“Meet me down the line on Gypsy Friday"—Townes van Zandt

"Tell Cersei. I want her to know it was me."—Olenna Tyrell
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 09:56 AM   #33
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/2 (3)
Quote:
As time goes on, I'm more and more convinced there is no way to win this effort to take Perfect Team back into what it was. The recent "changes" are geared toward those willing to pay anything to win, and who can blame OOTP/Com2US for taking their money?

It's not a matter of whether they CAN fix it - but a matter of WHY would they?

There's a couple things that I might consider next year; Theme Teams by EVC, another March to All-Star Sprint, the Classic game, and maybe even look into the Drive for the Pennant option when it comes out - but 12 months of Perfect Team? ... highly unlikely.

1000% agree with you. Does anyone realize that ONLY 3 individual cards have been dropped since last Thursday? It's been 8 days with only 3 cards dropped. Some people really really don't care.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 10:06 AM   #34
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:

Do you understand you are posting to members that have been faithful to a group of players that have been with this company for years & years? Just look at the people you are trying to reassure everything is honky-dory. Myself bought version #1 Season Ticket that came with a disc to download game. I didn't find out about forum until 2013. Most be posting for more years than me by a lot. We know this game inside out & sideways? Just don't mock us with your 3rd post.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:13 AM   #35
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by szczepam View Post
I agree, it's just not fun. It feels like I've been stuck in cement for a month now with nothing to do.

My biggest question is why are people pouring actual money into a game that has no tangible reward for winning? It's like paying into a fantasy league, giving the commissioner all the money, then when you win you get a hearty handshake and a good job, but there isn't even the hand shake and good job for winning.
3 cards released in 8 days man, 3 cards in 8 days. You can't build a team off the 1 pack they give you if you login everyday. You got to make people wanna get better, not force them to spend. The country I live in, buying food, gas, and paying bills is 1000% more important than keeping up with thwpe whales. Good for the Whales that win leagues, because the next day nobody remembers would won & you don't win nothing but doubles & triples of cards you already have & a few points. It's not about winning everything, it's about the fun trying to get there too me. And quite frankly it's no longer as fun as it used to be. I'd checked my team just one time yesterday, bc I knew how I'd do already.

Last edited by Bunktown Ballers; 05-30-2024 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:21 AM   #36
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Nothing but SuperHeros at costs fit only for Whales... my 65,000 pps would barely touch that list.
Then the easier ones, the sellers of cards want you to spend 1,000+ pp on a iron 48 card for single reward standard pack that cost 1,000 pp if you buy it in card shop. I think OOTP is gone.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:23 AM   #37
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgirl View Post
i agree there are some issues. But you're expecting a cash prize from a video game?

zzzzzzzzz !
Old 05-30-2024, 10:25 AM   #38
muskiehunter99
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Do you understand you are posting to members that have been faithful to a group of players that have been with this company for years & years? Just look at the people you are trying to reassure everything is honky-dory. Myself bought version #1 Season Ticket that came with a disc to download game. I didn't find out about forum until 2013. Most be posting for more years than me by a lot. We know this game inside out & sideways? Just don't mock us with your 3rd post.
Absolutely - I only started playing OOTP (core and PT) last year, so I don't have any idea of how things were historically. But, I'm confused as to how my post was mocking you? The majority of my post agreed with the points being made by other posters. My post's intention wasn't to say, "You're all wrong, look, I am a counterexample," so if it came across that way, I apologize. It was to say that some exceptions are possible, but they require a mix of 1) starting from day one; 2) luck; and 3) lots of grinding. If anything, I think that supports the other posters' points.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:30 AM   #39
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:

Extreme Ditto from me
Old 05-30-2024, 10:43 AM   #40
Fabtron7
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Absolutely - I only started playing OOTP (core and PT) last year, so I don't have any idea of how things were historically. But, I'm confused as to how my post was mocking you? The majority of my post agreed with the points being made by other posters. My post's intention wasn't to say, "You're all wrong, look, I am a counterexample," so if it came across that way, I apologize. It was to say that some exceptions are possible, but they require a mix of 1) starting from day one; 2) luck; and 3) lots of grinding. If anything, I think that supports the other posters' points.
Dude... there are three or four guys on here that basically devote their life to complaint posts. I wouldn't sweat it. You can generally pick them out of the crowd when they pull out their service time credentials (like anyone gives a damn how long you've played a video game), or blame Com2us (a company that doesn't even list OOTP Baseball on it's website as something it owns). Just read one of their posts and you can pretty much skip the rest.

Don't feel like you need to honor their weird legacy of being grumpy little clouds, your post was great.