Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > Perfect Team 23
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 23 Perfect Team 23 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-19-2022, 06:35 PM   #261
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerman View Post
OL's looking pretty healthy heading towards the first week proper!

I've given myself a lot to do over the last couple of weeks, but I've got my 3 teams kind of sorted. My two alts are gonna be packs teams for the foreseeable (Tinners are my priority), but I'm also holding off from completing missions with all 3 as I want to use as many cards as I can early on.

I'm thinking of cutting PD from my schedule today 'cause I've only made it past the 2nd round twice so far, so it's been almost a complete waste of an hour+ a day. Plus it's a ball-ache just signing up for them... If the one I'm in later is another early exit, I think I'll switch to listing iron dupes
Sadly, PD is a waste of time for me as well. Don't think I've ever made it past round 1 of any so far. The time spent drafting a team to be knocked out in less than 90 minutes is not worth it at all.

Rather just set and forget iron tournaments, even with my tournament returns slipping alarmingly fast.
"That's baseball" is NOT a valid excuse for failure. Those who accept that reasoning are failures themselves. Bootlickers are not worth your time. Form your own conclusions, and not follow those who blindly shill for the powers that be. Lead the revolution, or be drowned by it.

You've got dumb questions. Luckily for you, I've got smart answers.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 09:57 AM   #262
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

A little bit of OL spring training may be in the works for me. Looks like I may be facing Waxhaw Waverns in an Iron Tournament. Good luck in your series with the Tocca Red Legs!

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 12:29 PM   #263
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

A little advice, please.

I'm setting up an iron team tournament rotation and I've got a handful of pitchers with more or less similar stats. What suggestions do you have for the value of STUFF, MOVEMENT, and CONTROL? Is an even mix good? Does one stand out as more effective that the others?

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:17 PM   #264
jpjunge
Bat Boy

Is there an OL Discord server by chance?
jpjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 04:42 PM   #265
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjunge View Post
Is there an OL Discord server by chance?

got one from v20 days still out there... though it doesn't get used much.... what's your discord ID? I'll send an invite
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:34 AM   #266
thejojo
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabakon View Post
A little advice, please.

I'm setting up an iron team tournament rotation and I've got a handful of pitchers with more or less similar stats. What suggestions do you have for the value of STUFF, MOVEMENT, and CONTROL? Is an even mix good? Does one stand out as more effective that the others?
I like to see as much of a combination of two as possible (pitchers that have 2 amazing traits and 1 awful one)

[IMG]https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.com/pt24signatures/thejojo.jpg[IMG]
thejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 03:42 AM   #267
thejojo
Major Leagues

Btw, how is everyone doing in your respective leagues? Anyone besides Magus got any Perfects on your roster yet?

Old 05-21-2022, 05:39 AM   #268
Ormondbeachdan
Major Leagues

The Daytona Tortugas are fully compliant now.. I have an outside chance of getting promoted from Stone.. Accumulated about 6500 points yesterday so tried to improve my pitching and shore up an infield spot.. Hoping for a good day today..Plus its rain all day today so I should spend a lot of time with some tournaments and trying a few things out

Last edited by Ormondbeachdan; 05-21-2022 at 05:40 AM.
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 08:36 AM   #269
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejojo View Post
Btw, how is everyone doing in your respective leagues? Anyone besides Magus got any Perfects on your roster yet?
no perfects in Waffletown yet.... top rated card is a tie between 95 Kershaw (2015) and 95 Pedro (1997).

Head to head OL play between Waffletown and Los Angeles.... Syrups got their butts kicked and went 1-5 in the 6 game series, so could bode ill for their chances against OL competition both clubs lead their respective divisions and are currently on a collision path for the LDS and promotion to Silver tier (8 teams moving up, so just the WC loser won't advance)
Attached Images
Old 05-21-2022, 08:56 AM   #270
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Baltimore Barons (77-57 preseason)

If the Barons hold out the next 30 games, it looks like we will head to Gold next week to start OL. With the New York Patriots -OL leading the league with a 94-41 record, I certainly don't expect a chance at the Championship even though I was 3-4 against them this season.

I'm not holding out hope for next season either. It will likely be a short visit to Gold if the league is made up of too many like the Patriots... but we'll see.

Just as a sidebar;

My other two teams are simply "pack-only". Both teams had uninspiring initial pulls (even with bonuses) so I figured I'd test what happens if you only opn packs and depend on eventualy completing enough missions to get some valuable cards. I'll report status from time to time.

Team 2 - Currently in Rookie
Team 3 - Currently in Stone
Attached Images

Last edited by HRBaker; 05-21-2022 at 07:08 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:24 AM   #271
Magus978
All Star Starter

Some good news for once...

Woke up to 13 packs out of a possible 25 (put myself in 2 32's and 1 16 before bed last night), and I'm also finally able to change my logos and colors!

Patriots now have the proper branding and not this generic nonsense

The bad...and yes, there is always some bad to have with the good: What tournament packs I have been winning over this week have been total garbage.
"That's baseball" is NOT a valid excuse for failure. Those who accept that reasoning are failures themselves. Bootlickers are not worth your time. Form your own conclusions, and not follow those who blindly shill for the powers that be. Lead the revolution, or be drowned by it.

You've got dumb questions. Luckily for you, I've got smart answers.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 05-21-2022 at 10:28 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:32 AM   #272
thejojo
Major Leagues

Looks like I'll be going to Gold as well, currently leading my division (81-55) after a really slow start to the year we're finally making a comeback. Got 1 Perfect being Albert Pujols and 3 historical Diamonds thanks to finishing the live missions and selling off the rewards. Looking forward to seeing all of you in Gold next week!

Old 05-21-2022, 10:28 PM   #273
MathBandit
All Star Starter

Looks like the Blizzard will fall just short of the playoffs in our second season, as we're 3 games back of a WC at this point (but with one other team also 2.5 up on us).

As for cards, far from Perfect we don't even have any Diamonds playing for us!
MathBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:13 AM   #274
funkadillo
Minors (Triple A)

Fully complaint and added friends now.

No perfects, but I did open a 99 overall historical closer through a pack I won in a tournament.

Since I've mainly been focusing on bronze tournaments and buying cards for those, I only have 9 historical cards that are even above the bronze level.

So I probably should flip my 99 overall closer for the 20k pp that I could get for him ... but ... I haven't yet. It's fun to have at least one dominant player, haha.
funkadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:20 AM   #275
SlinkyTWF
Minors (Double A)

Aomori will be going to Silver next week. Built up the team well during the week in Bronze, so should be competitive at that level, but still some weak spots will likely show. Hoping to match up with some other OL teams to see how we fare!

PT24:

PT23:
PT22:

PT21:
PT20:
SlinkyTWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:21 AM   #276
tzb12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
no perfects in Waffletown yet.... top rated card is a tie between 95 Kershaw (2015) and 95 Pedro (1997).

Head to head OL play between Waffletown and Los Angeles.... Syrups got their butts kicked and went 1-5 in the 6 game series, so could bode ill for their chances against OL competition both clubs lead their respective divisions and are currently on a collision path for the LDS and promotion to Silver tier (8 teams moving up, so just the WC loser won't advance)
The Nighthawks have had a good start, but I had to remind my guys what overconfidence gets you: Eliminated in 4 in the Division Series last year. Looking forward to this matchup and getting a better result.
tzb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:40 AM   #277
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzb12 View Post
The Nighthawks have had a good start, but I had to remind my guys what overconfidence gets you: Eliminated in 4 in the Division Series last year. Looking forward to this matchup and getting a better result.

yeah, it always comes down to random dumb luck in the playoffs.... just hoping for a competitive and entertaining series

reminder to all: do another OL search and double check the friends list to make sure you have everyone needed. Also check your PT settings and make sure you are set to "use friends list" and not "random" for your placement.

here's hoping for a 100% placement on the first go
Old 05-22-2022, 09:41 AM   #278
Tinkerman
All Star Starter

Been neglecting my teams a bit. Here's a font I've done for PT awards.

Thanks for the idiot proof reminders Jason!
Attached Images
Tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:50 AM   #279
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Baltimore Barons-OL finished 92-70 and will meet the Mendocino Cardinals (97-65) team in the Division Series while Magus' NY Patriots-OL (114-48) wait for whoever wins the Wildcard spot.
Attached Images
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #280
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Mundys are back, kind of...

The Port Ruppert Mundys, the only franchise that has been in Our League since the origin of the loop in PT 19, has adjusted its roster (three times, thanks PT), and, if it sticks this time, will be fully compliant for OL play at the Stone level when the PT 23 campaign begins.

Also, the Terra Incognita Rustlers will be back and the Aceldama Butchers, who made a brief sojourn to Asylum with the Keepers nickname have returned to the home they occupied in PT 19.

Aside to Jason (and everybody else, since I'm posting this publicly): I have already entered all three teams onto the spreadsheet for Our League.

Sadly, my schedule still prohibits me from checking the teams much, so there won't be much tournament play, which means slow pack accumulatuion. Guess the teams will be holding up the bootom of Our league for awhile. I'll only e able to help with standings on Sunday mornings, as an emergency back up. Sorry. On the bright side, it will also keep me from posting too much claptrap.

For those who can't check the spreadsheet:
Port Ruppert Mundys-ol, luke_gofannon, headed to Stone.
Aceldama Butchers-ol, kid_heckett, remaining in bronze
Terra Incognita Rustlers, gil_gamesh, remaining in rookie

Also, Jason, it seems there are 35 teams on the spreadsheet, but only 33 show up on the manager search.

Here are the logos, just so you'll see 'em at least once, since PT is again doing the occasional drop of them. One slight improvement, they are remaining in the OOTP folder this time around.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 05-22-2022 at 01:45 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote