Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 10 > FHM10 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM10 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 07-20-2024, 03:39 PM   #221
tomkmb
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I asked because I still donīt understand why that is needed: if you want to play as GM but do lines, just play GM/Manager and set everything from Manager you donīt want to do to AI. Yes, you donīt have a seperate head coach (technically you have: yourself) but for what do you need him (you still have Assistant Coaches)?

In OOTP it seems they removed the feature (or better: replaced it with something different) and then brought it back as "legacy mode".

Iīm just interested why people ask for it when they basically already can do.
What about the players Avatar in that sense though, what do you invest in with your end of year points? His HC side, so that has a sufficient influence on the 'AI' implementations of everything (assuming that when you allocate to the AI it takes into account your preferences as a coach) or his GM attributes? Which is the role you are actually playing. With the current system you might have the skeleton for what people are asking and it is technically doing the same thing but it spreads the player very thin - especially with the level that you start at (I wish this scaled depending on the league you start your career in, this would go some way to negating the influence of the issue above).

If you were able to hire a real life head coach, he would have far better attributes (and therefore you would think, influence) than your beginner coach. I guess as #Matt5 has outlined, none of this is explained that clearly in the online manual, staff in general feels a little abstract I think - I don't know if effects stack or if there's a point of diminishing returns or yeah, what the 'AI' even considers when you allocate things to it.
tomkmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2024, 04:34 PM   #222
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I asked because I still donīt understand why that is needed: if you want to play as GM but do lines, just play GM/Manager and set everything from Manager you donīt want to do to AI. Yes, you donīt have a seperate head coach (technically you have: yourself) but for what do you need him (you still have Assistant Coaches)?

In OOTP it seems they removed the feature (or better: replaced it with something different) and then brought it back as "legacy mode".

Here's a good discussion on it from a while ago (last November) - https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=350459

Last edited by Bluenoser; 07-20-2024 at 04:35 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 10:15 PM   #223
havi
Bat Boy

I beg for the "testing" module that OOTP has so we don't have to make so many saves for that purpose to test tactics and things.
havi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 01:55 PM   #224
drummerJ99
Major Leagues

Quote:

Because as you said, you then lose your head coach. For immersion purposes I'd like to have a head coach. Not just X number of assistants.

I don't want to be the actual game coach. I want my coach to handle that. I don't play the games, I sim them. But I want to be able to influence lines.

In reality it probably means nothing but it all comes down to immersion. If my team sucks, as a GM I can't fire myself. LOL But I can that horrible head coach.
drummerJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2024, 06:00 PM   #225
Afroduck
Minors (Single A)

Ability to set up my own depth chart
Afroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 03:55 AM   #226
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

You should already be able to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroduck View Post
Ability to set up my own depth chart
Old 07-26-2024, 09:01 AM   #227
Afroduck
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
You should already be able to do that.

How?

I know there is a depth chart but it seems it goes off of a hidden stat or whatever. I would like to actually be able to move a guy up or down to my own choosing.
Afroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 09:14 AM   #228
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

On the "Lineups" screen you can set your own depth charts and even use them to e.g. let the AI handle lines creation but use the depth charts for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afroduck View Post
How?

I know there is a depth chart but it seems it goes off of a hidden stat or whatever. I would like to actually be able to move a guy up or down to my own choosing.
Old 07-27-2024, 05:16 PM   #229
Castleview
All Star Reserve

Quote:
On the "Lineups" screen you can set your own depth charts and even use them to e.g. let the AI handle lines creation but use the depth charts for it.
It may just be the conspiracy theorist in me, but I could swear that each
month when I receive the Development Report and the player order on
my depth chart changes, if I don't immediately change my Lineups order
to match the depth chart, my team will suddenly start playing terribly.
Once I have them matching again, my team will mysteriously start to play well once more!
Castleview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 09:50 PM   #230
tetris2100
Bat Boy

Accepting new GM contracts while already under contract

Hello, I've posted this in the discord already but someone suggested here is a better spot.
I believe the contract system for the player GM character needs a bit of work. I can really only give an example to explain the change I'm proposing.

Playing a campaign mode as an unknown GM/HC trying to rise to the NHL level - I've just simmed out 2 seasons in the QMJHL, winning championship first year and on my way to a 2nd, however, I accepted a new NCAA GM contract while playing the conference finals, and I was immediately removed and replaced from the QMJ team I'd just built and dominated with. When they went on to win the championship, I didn't receive any awards, reputation, or GM stat points for the next season. Naturally this was a bit frustrating.

I'm of the opinion that if you sign a new GM contract within 2/3 months of the new season starting, you should be able to delay/choose your start date so you can finish with your current team. The way it's set up, you have to immediately accept the offer or it vanishes, with no guarantee another offer will come.

Love the game, guys. Peace
tetris2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2024, 10:30 PM   #231
BaganLeleo
Bat Boy

Some of these may have been posted already but here are some of my suggestions:

- Improved trade AI to remove lopsided trades

- Improved Free Agent AI so that teams aren't leaving all their RFAs unsigned and good UFA players aren't staying unsigned every year

- Implement a "Future Considerations" trade item

- Implement Arbitration in the NHL

- Allow us to see the consensus star ratings for players on the roster page in addition to the scout star ratings

- Implement more interactivity, such as players requesting trades or being able to communicate with your coach and ask them to make certain lineup choices in GM only mode

- Improve AI generated draft classes

- Reduce the amount of time it takes for AI teams to respond to trade requests

- During the draft make it so that the draft picks in the trade menu show the position of the pick

- Expand mutual contract terminations, possibly introduce cap penalties for terminated contracts above a certain amount
BaganLeleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 12:12 PM   #232
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

The gamebreaker for me is watching young players go to waivers, unsigned or playing in bottom feeder leagues.

The other issue is veteran players and defensive style players banished to the AHL, leadership and defensive style checking players especially with toughness need to be valued more
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 11:46 AM   #233
northjersey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
The gamebreaker for me is watching young players go to waivers, unsigned or playing in bottom feeder leagues.

The other issue is veteran players and defensive style players banished to the AHL, leadership and defensive style checking players especially with toughness need to be valued more

the player special abilities definitely needs more additions to accomodate types like you mentioned. There are other types missing such as power forward, goalie screener, etc
northjersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 06:35 PM   #234
GMO123
Major Leagues

Quote:

What is the AI Assistant coach that can be assigned these duties?
Where does it attributes come from?
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 07:20 AM   #235
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

The one thing I'd like to see in FHM 11 is this: When working with a team, you automatically accept the offer for renewal that they give you. You should be able to negotiate it or outright reject their new offer. It feels weird when your time with a team has run its course, you are ready to move on, they renew you then you quit or you have to run out on the team before they renew you.

Thanks for listening.
ZootMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2024, 03:04 AM   #236
Varbergfc
Bat Boy

History vs teams

Not played the last years versions so if it’s already in the game i’m sorry.

- in your manager profil history be able to see head to head vs all other teams in the league throw the years, this would help changing tactics if we struggling vs some teams years back to back.

It has helped me get success in other manager games.
Varbergfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 02:30 PM   #237
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Ability to share Rosters on Steam Workshop
A trade value indicator for each player
Dialogue with players to help improve Team Harmony. Have individual meetings as well as team meetings.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 10:33 AM   #238
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Show full jerseys.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 04:52 PM   #239
techlego
Bat Boy

Not so much as wishlist or suggestion, but is there an estimated release date? I know it's still early, but the league I co-commish is going to have to make a decision soon as to continue using FHM10 or delay starting our new season until the new release is out..
techlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 08:23 AM   #240
tomkmb
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlego View Post
Not so much as wishlist or suggestion, but is there an estimated release date? I know it's still early, but the league I co-commish is going to have to make a decision soon as to continue using FHM10 or delay starting our new season until the new release is out..
Game tends to come out around the same time each year pending any unforseen circumstances - so going by the release thread pinned at the top it'll be set for early November I'd assume - though that's just my 2 cents.
tomkmb is offline   Reply With Quote