Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 06-23-2024, 11:55 PM   #1
ZepTepi
Minors (Single A)

Request for a 2S/4D/5T league for my 40 team save.

If possible can it be made to the following specs:

• The sub leagues are named NorCal & SoCal and the 4 divisions in each sub league are North, South, East, & West.

• 12 games against each of the 4 teams in a teams own division.
  • 6 games against each of the other 15 teams in a teams own sub league.
  • 3 games against each team in the same division(west vs west, south vs south, ect) in the other sub league.
  • 3 games against teams in another division in the other sub league but with the divisions changing each year so that over a 3 year period a team would end up playing a 3 game series against each of those 15 teams. Example, in year 1 each team in the west division of NorCal would play SoCal west & east teams 3 times each, in year 2 they would play SoCal west & north teams 3 times each and in year 3 they would play SoCal west & south teams 3 times each.
  • Teams play no more than 10 days off without a day off, ideally 1 day off per week.
  • All-Star festivities included but I would also like to have a tournament with all teams in the league at some point either between spring training and the regular season or after the post season. I thought about just having it in place of the All-Star game but that would make for a much longer break and really wouldn't be a break at all if all teams are involved. I'd like to know an opinion or 2 on that.
  • I'm not up to speed on the pros & cons of the different start times so I'll leave that part for you to decide.
If there is any info I left out please let me know.
ZepTepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 01:09 PM   #2
ZepTepi
Minors (Single A)

Is the reason no one's replied yet because I asked for too much detail?
ZepTepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2024, 05:28 PM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Code:
#
# 40 team schedule, 168 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 4 divisions of 5 teams
#
#
# 12 games against 4 other teams in division (6H/6A)
# 6 games against the 15 other teams in subleague (3H/3A)
# 3 games against the 5 teams in corresponding division in other subleague (3H or 3A)
# 3 games against the 5 teams in one other division in other subleague (3H or 3A)
#
#
# This is one of 6 sibling schedules with the same structure.
# There are three pairs with each pair balancing home/away
# and the three covering matching up with the three other divisions in other subleague
#
# All games in 3-game series, two per week
# All teams off one day each week, either Monday or Thursday
#
# Team play as many as 9 consecutive days
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 12 games
#
# Teams play 14-15 weekend series at home
#
# All weekday game times set at 7:05pm
# Saturday game times 30%-1:05pm, 20%-4:05pm, 50%-7:05pm
# Sunday game times 60%-1:05pm, 25%-4:05pm, 15%-7:05pm
# Exceptions 1:05pm getaway days (where both teams play elsewhere next day)
#
# Season begins first Friday on or after March 22
# Season ends first Sunday on or after October 6
# Season spans 199 days
#
# All-Star Game on first Tuesday on or after July 16 (day 117)
#
# Built 2024-06-30
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip 40team168_245u_a_gmo.zip (87.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-30-2024, 05:28 PM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

About the zip of 6 schedules above...

One of the 6 schedules would need to be manually loaded before each season. I believe there is a way to define copies of the files with the calendar years you want to use them (see https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...ng-conventions). But making sure like in the offseason or at the beginning of preseason may be the best way to make sure you get what you intend each season.

The six have numbers 1-6, figuring they would be run through in that order, though that is not necessary. The first three and the second three each involve a cycle through playing the other three divisions in the other subleague. The odd & even numbers involve flipping the home and away against the other subleague divisions. In a season a team plays all its games against one such division at home and all its games against the other division away. Across the 6 schedules a team plays three series home and three away against its corresponding division and one series home and one away against each other division.

All-Star game is defined somewhat past middle of season. It is in just a half-week break. The league settings and not the schedule determine whether to do home run derby.

The start date is a week earlier than current MLB (ignoring early overseas games like played this year), and the end date is a week later because of the length involved with the somewhat more frequent offdays. You can easily adjust the start date at the top of each file, like if you want to start earlier to play that tournament after the season. Remember to do that for each file, assuming you want consistency if you do that.

I cannot speak to setting such a tournament. There is not space within these schedules. I do not know how it would work to try to do before the season starts or how it would work after the postseason.

Gametimes are purely cosmetic, I think. How they are set in these files is described in the comments -- I did what I would call my current standard when not otherwise specified to do something.