Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-16-2023, 09:02 AM   #1
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

Mexican League to import??

Hello friends,

hope is not the wrong forum but is there a Mexican league mod available?? i tried to search in the mod section but i was not able to find it.

Thanks a lot for this great game!!

Last edited by javier_83; 06-16-2023 at 09:11 AM.
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:22 PM   #2
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

You can always recreate it in OOTP on your own. Create the league, the teams, add mods for the uniforms and logos, etc. There is no roster of the current players, so you'd need to generate fictional ones for them. No one has created just an LMB template that I know of. As nice as it was knowing that there were once all sorts of foreign leagues in the game - including quite notable ones like the LMB, I don't think there was sufficient demand for them such that their removal inspired the community to create each of them individually from scratch. There are a couple efforts on the Quickstart threads to redo all the world as a mod, so you may wish to jump into those threads. I don't know if they are still pursuing it through and, if so, with how much vigor. Best of luck,

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:32 PM   #3
javier_83
Hall Of Famer

yeah, actually i did that because i was not able to find anything..

thanks Landsdowne.
javier_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 06:04 PM   #4
thehef
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, I did some research several months ago on Mexican League players in OOTP's minor league database (IOW, players that would import as free agents if you enabled historical minor leagues). Here are those notes in a pretty raw form:

- Selected Mexican League players are included from 1937 thru 1984. From '37-'54, we're talking less than 10 players per year (total, not per team; generally, these are many of the same players year-to-year, and there is nothing remarkable about them - why they are in the database and others are not - that I'm aware of).

- For 1955 a lot more Mexican League players are in the database, probably enough to populate individual teams, though some players - OOTP database vs baseball-reference.com - are missing.

- 1956: the data appears to be pretty complete.
- 1957 & 1958: There is only one player in the database: Jaime Abad.*
- 1959: no player data*
- 1960 & 1961: Complete or close-to-complete data
- 1962-64: Incomplete data, maybe an avg of 10-14 players per team.**
- 1965: Only five players (total) are included.*
- 1966-69: Approx 14-15 players per team.*
- 1970: Just four players (total) are included.*
- 1971: 8 players total*
- 1972: 14 players total*
- 1973: 1 player total* (Teo Acosta)
- 1974: 1 player* (Teo Acosta)
- 1975: 2 players* (Teo Acosta, Bob Tucker)
- 1976: 1 player* (Teo Acosta)
- 1977 & 1978: no players*
- 1979-81: 1 player* (Clemente Acuna)
- 1982: 2 players* (Clemente Acuna, Alfredo Aceves)
- 1983: 1 player (Aceves)

*What's interesting is that for these years baseball-reference.com's data looks to be either complete or significantly more than what's in OOTP database; Chadwick is the supplier of minor-league data to both OOTP and b-r.com, so I don't know why OOTP wouldn't be receiving the same data that b-r.com has...

**For 1963 & 1964, it's the opposite of the above note, as OOTP's data is more-complete than b-r.com's data. Again, Chadwick is the source for both...

An important note is that where I referenced that Chadwick is the supplier of minor league data to both OOTP and baseball-reference.com, my understanding is that is no longer true as it applies to OOTP. I believe OOTP gets its data elsewhere now, although the databases are likely pretty similar.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:51 PM   #5
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier_83 View Post
Hello friends,

hope is not the wrong forum but is there a Mexican league mod available?? i tried to search in the mod section but i was not able to find it.

Thanks a lot for this great game!!
There are no versions for OOTP24 because of some legal threads, the makers of the game have gone in the way other direction with regard to uer generated content for leagues besides the ones in the game (MLB and KBO) but past versions do exist, but only one from OOTP23 could be imported into OOTP24.

There are lots of logos online for these leagues though, so if you just wanted a fictional league with those names that would be doable.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote