Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
skep
Minors (Double A)

Just get rid of pay to win (seriously)

Bump the price of the base game $20 and eliminate the ability to purchase points. Let's be really clear here, it ruins the game.

I busted my ass on tournaments, shipped a Tuesday Super Bronze and a TWIPT and it doesn't matter at all. I'll never even come close to competing in the base game. Now with so many necessary tournament pieces going for 5k+, you've ruined the ability for new players to compete there as well.

You've spent endless hours cultivating this card collection with entirely the wrong goals in mind. You went super greedy this year and it may boost your earnings in the short term, but it will hurt you in the long run. This power creep is just a way to force the whales to keep breaking out the CC. It is pretty blatant and even the whales will not appreciate this. It does not serve the betterment of the game.

Why aren't new iron/bronze/silver cards being introduced? Why are they all Gold+!? I'm sure people are complaining about the staleness of low-level tournaments. The tournament meta should progress throughout the year as well.

Why haven't there been 3 tournament series already? There should be a tournament series about one week a month. If you followed my roll-out advice, you would have had about 8 so far. There hasn't even been ONE!!!

Why hasn't some sort of draft mode been introduced? Sealed deck? More than 2 monthly tournaments? Why not 12? You shut down the conversation about more tournament slots, but we require more tournament slots. Provide us with more and better content.

I would tell you that money is not important and that it gets in the way of what IS important, but the truth is that you will make more money in the long run by providing your playerbase with the experience they actually want. I love this game, but I would never recommend it to a friend. I have friends that love baseball, that love management games, and I WILL NOT recommend it to them. They've asked me about it and I tell them to stay away. Frankly, the current state of the game is bull**** and it needs to be rectified next year with the elimination of pay to win or I'll probably be one of many that move our gaming elsewhere.

There is amazing potential, but the game is poisoned by money.

Old 07-19-2020, 10:23 PM   #2
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post

Some of the wealthiest (PP-wise) players in the game haven't spent a dime.
What ruins the game is "content" releases that totally ignore the economic effect on the game. If a card is worth 6K suddenly after a collection is released is worth 150K is not a very good design. Or if a card has an established worth of 200K after 10 weeks of trading is suddenly worth 50K because the exact same player, only with better ratings is released is similarly bad design.

Old 07-19-2020, 11:30 PM   #3
DonMattingly
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep View Post
Bump the price of the base game $20 and eliminate the ability to purchase points. Let's be really clear here, it ruins the game.

I busted my ass on tournaments, shipped a Tuesday Super Bronze and a TWIPT and it doesn't matter at all. I'll never even come close to competing in the base game. Now with so many necessary tournament pieces going for 5k+, you've ruined the ability for new players to compete there as well.

You've spent endless hours cultivating this card collection with entirely the wrong goals in mind. You went super greedy this year and it may boost your earnings in the short term, but it will hurt you in the long run. This power creep is just a way to force the whales to keep breaking out the CC. It is pretty blatant and even the whales will not appreciate this. It does not serve the betterment of the game.

Why aren't new iron/bronze/silver cards being introduced? Why are they all Gold+!? I'm sure people are complaining about the staleness of low-level tournaments. The tournament meta should progress throughout the year as well.

Why haven't there been 3 tournament series already? There should be a tournament series about one week a month. If you followed my roll-out advice, you would have had about 8 so far. There hasn't even been ONE!!!

Why hasn't some sort of draft mode been introduced? Sealed deck? More than 2 monthly tournaments? Why not 12? You shut down the conversation about more tournament slots, but we require more tournament slots. Provide us with more and better content.

I would tell you that money is not important and that it gets in the way of what IS important, but the truth is that you will make more money in the long run by providing your playerbase with the experience they actually want. I love this game, but I would never recommend it to a friend. I have friends that love baseball, that love management games, and I WILL NOT recommend it to them. They've asked me about it and I tell them to stay away. Frankly, the current state of the game is bull**** and it needs to be rectified next year with the elimination of pay to win or I'll probably be one of many that move our gaming elsewhere.

I'd like to see them add the ability to use PT cards and rules in the single player game. Maybe each year release the previous year's spread of PT cards for the regular OOTP game.

Online leagues made from that scenario would be very fun, have no $$ involved, and I don't think they'd cut in to many people's PT playing time either.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:31 AM   #4
MrPibb
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This was my first year and it'll be my last. The bad part is that I really liked perfect team. I get that the game makers have to make money, but the divide between the teams who only bought the game and the ones who dropped money on points is as big as I've seen in any other game. Some people justify it by saying it's optional, but be realistic, it's the top draw and the reason I decided to play.

I don't have the need to win leagues, I don't need to have the best stats. I just want to play on an even field and this game is anything but that. I could go on and on about my list of grievances, but most of the community just says stuff like"Get good" or "buy better cards".

This game has been anything but a welcoming experience but I got really tired of getting my teeth kicked in by guys who've obviously spent hundred of dollars. Anyways, good luck for those of you who enjoy it. I just don't think it's right to put the whales and the minnows in the same pool.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:18 AM   #5
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

You're losing the casual players, ootp.
Closed Thread