Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #101
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Where did you find this? In the update Jim wrote he had to "shoulder some blame too" there was more he could be doing with gui, getting elements onto pages and he also had some personal issues to take care of too.

What update?? Where is this posted??
Old 11-09-2019, 10:44 PM   #102
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
What update?? Where is this posted??
The link in the first post in this thread.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:10 AM   #103
james17
All Star Starter

Appreciate the post. If I read it correctly the last 'update' was June and that was essentially 'no real progress'. Do you know of anything more recent (and why doesn''t Jim post over here about FOF 9?)
Old 11-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #104
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Appreciate the post. If I read it correctly the last 'update' was June and that was essentially 'no real progress'. Do you know of anything more recent (and why doesn''t Jim post over here about FOF 9?)
Yeah, I got where you were thinking there was a new update. Sorry I got you pumped up

Have to ask Jim about why only posted there, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
Gindin himself said, he doesn't do anything but supervise here, its all OOTP.
Quote:
Where did you find this? In the update Jim wrote he had to "shoulder some blame too" there was more he could be doing with gui, getting elements onto pages and he also had some personal issues to take care of too.
I'm still waiting for an answer?
Old 11-10-2019, 04:10 PM   #105
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Yeah, I got where you were thinking there was a new update. Sorry I got you pumped up

Have to ask Jim about why only posted there, I guess.

I'm still waiting for an answer?
I was certain I read that he had delegated a lot of it but I reread and that was all on interface. Apologies.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #106
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was certain I read that he had delegated a lot of it but I reread and that was all on interface. Apologies.
No problem, like james17, I was wondering if I had missed something , and after reading your post I went back and reread Jim's message too to make sure I wasn't mis-remembering. It happens when I discussion happens over such a long period of time
Old 11-12-2019, 02:37 AM   #107
james17
All Star Starter

OOTP announced the public beta for Perfect Team Tournament today.

Meanwhile we wait. And wait.

I'm close to throwing in the towel on FOF 9.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #108
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Perfect Team, I suspect, has been the cause of many issues. But, it appears to be getting 90% of the blowjobs given out by OOTP in least several months. What the customer wants, a lot of the time, seems to not matter. My opinion. I'm entitled to it.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:40 AM   #109
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

I already gave up, but I keep making the mistake of not un-bookmarking OOTP's forum from my browser, so I keep coming back every time I start even typing "O" in it. Such a ridiculously stupid thing, but I need to fully wipe this forum from my browser so I don't keep instinctively checking.

This experience has been appallingly poor, and the release of Perfect Team Tournament with no communication on this game is just wrong. So many people clamoring for this game in a dead forum, and no one on staff even extends the courtesy to check in and even acknowledge that they hear us. Some of the worst customer service I have ever seen, and it's just not acceptable.

Now I just need to figure out how to close my forum account, and unsubscribe from the marketing emails. I'm done.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:25 PM   #110
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

I think what upsets everyone is this, if the game has to be delayed etc then i guess it has too be. But at least have the common courtesy to keep people informed and not keep taking us for fools.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:26 PM   #111
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Precisely. I have less than zero percent interest in playing Perfect Team.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:36 PM   #112
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

While I fully agree that the development team is spending way too much time on perfect team (I also have less than zero interest in it) the problem with this game is OOTP announced a football game YEARS AGO---we are now at mid season 2019 and STILL NO GAME----worse NO COMMUNICATION at all !! I have been a customer of this company since the first OOTP and have purchased every iteration as well as other games from them----I believe that kind of customer loyalty DESERVES some kind of loyalty from the company !!! The total lack of interest in what the customers keep asking for is appalling to say the least !!! Management should be ashamed of treating their customer base as though it does NOT deserve to be treated as a valued asset !!!
Old 11-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #113
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
While I fully agree that the development team is spending way too much time on perfect team (I also have less than zero interest in it) the problem with this game is OOTP announced a football game YEARS AGO---we are now at mid season 2019 and STILL NO GAME----worse NO COMMUNICATION at all !! I have been a customer of this company since the first OOTP and have purchased every iteration as well as other games from them----I believe that kind of customer loyalty DESERVES some kind of loyalty from the company !!! The total lack of interest in what the customers keep asking for is appalling to say the least !!! Management should be ashamed of treating their customer base as though it does NOT deserve to be treated as a valued asset !!!
bts and fof are different games
Old 11-12-2019, 09:50 PM   #114
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
I think what upsets everyone is this, if the game has to be delayed etc then i guess it has too be. But at least have the common courtesy to keep people informed and not keep taking us for fools.
It's obvious its still being worked on. In that CFL thread, Jim mentioned recently trying some new league structures out. I would love an update to atleast say its delated. Unless we have to wait another 8 months
Old 11-12-2019, 09:59 PM   #115
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's obvious its still being worked on. In that CFL thread, Jim mentioned recently trying some new league structures out.
To be fair, that comment was made in June. So, that's not really indicative of anything, as it's been pretty much radio silence since. To be honest, it's a pretty embarrassing way for the company to handle things considering there has been growing unrest in these forums and anything that hasn't been disdain about how things have been handled has been discussions of competing sim football games.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:17 AM   #116
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Hey Campinginalaska----Didn't say they were the same game----but they are both games supposedly being developed by the same company and it has been years since that commitment was made by THIS COMPANY !!!!
Old 11-13-2019, 03:30 AM   #117
james17
All Star Starter

Well, I went over to the 'dark side' today and bought Wolverines Draft Day Sports Football 2020.

Got fed up with this.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:53 AM   #118
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

The thing is we all know this game is going to be great. I doubt anybody is not going to buy it out of spite because once we see all the bells and whistles it'll just be too irresistible.

Having said that, the marketing has been a trainwreck that easily could have been solved with quick updates every two months or so saying we still don't know when the game will be released but here is what is being worked on.

But again, it doesn't matter, because people will buy the game once it comes out.

All of this bad blood is unfortunate (which I totally get). Totally unnecessary and self-imposed by the company.

Last edited by Roy Tucker; 11-13-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:26 AM   #119
jetpunk2000
Bat Boy

I miss FOF being operation sports only forum. This community is damn toxic. Jim has always worked like this. No release date until the game is ready. He got screwed over in the past with announcing release dates. It’s been explained multiple times and yet people don’t get it. If he announces a release date and it doesn’t make it guess what people are gonna bitch anyway so what’s the point?
Old 11-13-2019, 10:05 AM   #120
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpunk2000 View Post
I miss FOF being operation sports only forum. This community is damn toxic. Jim has always worked like this. No release date until the game is ready. He got screwed over in the past with announcing release dates. It’s been explained multiple times and yet people don’t get it. If he announces a release date and it doesn’t make it guess what people are gonna bitch anyway so what’s the point?
Gotta love the apologists swooping in. This was announced almost two years ago, with beta testing alluded to for Fall 2018. Don’t create a forum for a new game if you don’t plan on communicating with the fans you’ve hyped up, plain and simple.

No one is asking for a release date: people simply want a shred of communication more than once every six months.

Also, when BTS was the game in development, Francis was INCREDIBLE when it came to answering questions and providing thoughts/updates. We’ve moved from that to radio silence. THAT, along with people defending this appalling lack of communication to OOTP customers of years/decades (13 years here) is what is toxic.

Close the forum down if there’s nothing to say.