Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2019, 12:19 AM   #161
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Are all of the MiLB scaled to 30,000+ as capacity instead of the original setup?
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:33 AM   #162
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
Are all of the MiLB scaled to 30,000+ as capacity instead of the original setup?
Yes. I modified them so they could be used as expansion sites for MLB teams in game.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:24 AM   #163
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
Yes. I modified them so they could be used as expansion sites for MLB teams in game.
When I first noticed it, I was kinda bummed. But as the night went on, I realized... I loved the idea! Especially now that it puts me in a dilemma on who the other expansion team will be for my game. I was set on doing it New Orleans this year instead of in San Antonio. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe Nashville or Charlotte. But, I did add them under the "No League" listed as "expanded".
My Custom Schedules

Old 06-17-2019, 12:10 PM   #164
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutt View Post
When I first noticed it, I was kinda bummed. But as the night went on, I realized... I loved the idea! Especially now that it puts me in a dilemma on who the other expansion team will be for my game. I was set on doing it New Orleans this year instead of in San Antonio. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe Nashville or Charlotte. But, I did add them under the "No League" listed as "expanded".
Thanks Nutt. Yeah, we all play OOTP in our own way, and I often play an MLB franchise that I run for years on end. It always annoyed me when I expanded my league that I was stuck playing in generic stadiums with the new teams, and that I couldn't rebrand the stadiums to reflect the new teams. Hopefully this thread has remedied that by providing a large number of easily moddable stadiums based on real life fields. (Also, if you haven't already, take a look at eriqjaffe's USBL thread. It also has some pretty cool MLB style stadiums for your expansion candidates.)

And, if there was someone who felt particularly industrious, they could edit the .skp files in the folders to create the actual milb stadiums. The field dimensions and lower bowl around the infield are often based on the actual stadiums - I add things in the outfield and the second and third levels. It would be a couple of hours of work per stadium, but it would be a bit less work than building them from scratch.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #165
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Thanks Nutt. Yeah, we all play OOTP in our own way, and I often play an MLB franchise that I run for years on end. It always annoyed me when I expanded my league that I was stuck playing in generic stadiums with the new teams, and that I couldn't rebrand the stadiums to reflect the new teams. Hopefully this thread has remedied that by providing a large number of easily moddable stadiums based on real life fields. (Also, if you haven't already, take a look at eriqjaffe's USBL thread. It also has some pretty cool MLB style stadiums for your expansion candidates.)

And, if there was someone who felt particularly industrious, they could edit the .skp files in the folders to create the actual milb stadiums. The field dimensions and lower bowl around the infield are often based on the actual stadiums - I add things in the outfield and the second and third levels. It would be a couple of hours of work per stadium, but it would be a bit less work than building them from scratch.
That's the best part about it. We can create our own world, watch it run (or burn), then modify it to our own liking. I believe I got all of eriqjaffe's, Silvam's, and yours that were realistic and I know I got their fictionals (minus eriqjaffe's USBL) just to have them replace the "Ballpark of the Grounds"
My Custom Schedules

Old 06-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #166
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
andy, will it take less than 10 minutes to lay out just how and what you altered, for those of us wanting to experiment?

I know nielson put the pointers in a post somewhere earlier in the thread, IIRC, but I'm not finding it at the moment. I will keep looking, though, so this is a just in case question. Thanks.
Hey endgame (and other folks) - I put together a short (4ish minute) youtube video that walks through the process for changing out the texture:

https://youtu.be/B2wsIEcrELc

Below is the step by step guide.

1. Open up the /models/stadium/stadium_texture directory and identify the texture (ie specific graphic) you want to change in the game. Make a copy of that texture and paste it somewhere outside of the stadium_texture folder for future use.

2. Create your alternate graphic.
- Open up a graphic editor (GIMP, Paint.net, Photoshop) and create an image the same size as the one you want to replace,
- OR open up the original image and erase it,
- OR open up the template in the template folder if you're using one of stadiums I've created.

3. Insert the text or graphic you want to include in the stadium.

4. Overwrite the original graphic in the stadium_texture folder, making sure to use the same name and file format.

5. Open OOTP and load (or reload) the 3d model. Your new texture should be placed in your stadium.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 06-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 06:02 PM   #167
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Monterrey, MX - Estadio de Beisbol de Monterrey

Monterrey was also on the list of potential relocation spots for the Expos, and this stadium has played host to MLB teams twice this year already. It has a beautiful view of the Cerro de la Silla.

The park is at elevation, so it plays relatively hitter friendly, and the ball flies out.

Zip File can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 06-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #168
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Alexandria, VA - Fury Park

Apparently the Houston Astros considered relocating to Northern Virginia in the late 1990s, under the banner of the Fury. There were several possible stadium locations for the new team, but this one is based on a concept for Alexandria/Arlington Virginia from around the Expos/Astros relocation talks.

The park itself plays pretty pitcher friendly, particularly with the deep power alleys in the stadium.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Also, this looks like it's the last of the new locations in SFG58's relocation series. All the other ones that seem like they are in the pipeline are stadiums I've already done, so I'll post updates to the stadium mod pack thread. I'm going to start posting a few more stadiums for United States cities next week.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:29 PM   #169
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Tucson, AZ - Hi Corbett Field

There are times when you're doing design work in sketchup, and you put in a couple hours to building a part of the park, and it looks like this:

And you load it into OOTP, and all you see is... this:

HI Corbett Field is the home of the Arizona Wildcats and a former spring training home of the Colorado Rockies and the Cleveland Indians. The stadium has been in use since 1937, but has been repeatedly renovated, so it looks relatively good as a stadium.

The field is relatively large, but because it plays at elevation, it is relatively hitter friendly.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Also, because of the general southwesty vibe of the stadium, I made a couple other editions using Low's logos and correct backgrounds, one for Santa Fe and one for Albuquerque.

Santa Fe - Fort Marcy Park Zip File

Albuquerque - Los Altos Park Zip file

(As always, the stadiums are customizable if you follow the video here: https://youtu.be/B2wsIEcrELc

Last edited by nielsoncp; 07-05-2019 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:12 PM   #170
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There are times when you're doing design work in sketchup, and you put in a couple hours to building a part of the park, and it looks like this:

And you load it into OOTP, and all you see is... this:

I have no idea how that feels.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #171
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Using the 'Old Wooden Stadium' for all my 19th Century teams, thanks
Old 07-04-2019, 03:23 PM   #172
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Wichita, KS - Cessna Field

Next year the New Orleans Baby Cakes are moving to Wichita, and in preparation for that the city is building a new field for them. I took some of the diagrams and turned it into this field (including the seating area in right), along with adding a few touches (including the bushes spelling Wichita in the center field batters eye and the sun over the wheat field.) Also, the colors on the team store in right and the food court in left are moddable - there is a template in the file that you can use to change them.

There are some very Wichita specific elements to this park, so if you want to use it in a location that is not the middle of Kansas, there is also a link to a more generic park below.

The park itself is very left handed hitter friendly - especially for left handed power hitters.

Generic Location Zip File can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 07-05-2019, 02:45 AM   #173
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

BB&T Ballpark Renovation

I was playing with the Charlotte park recently in my game, and I realized that I really, really didn't like it - and that I had learned a lot in the last six months of creating ballparks that I wanted to incorporate into a better version of it. So, I spent some time today redoing it. It now includes a couple experiments - including different day/night lights and the ads pasted in as images instead of textures.

Zip Drive File for the Renovated Park is here

Old Version

New Version

Last edited by nielsoncp; 07-05-2019 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2019, 05:27 AM   #174
zappa1
All Star Starter

Renovations are cool. I like.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #175
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
I have no idea how that feels.

Yeah. Unfortunately since there are no shadows once imported, you kind of need to use textures with different shades to give certain illusions. It’s a pain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #176
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Madison, WI - Warner Park

I think (by my count) this is the 100th location I've made a stadium for, so I decided to make this one a bit of an homage to my home state of Wisconsin. It's set in our state capital, the implements next to the batter's eye represent a couple elements from our state flag, the ice cream shop in right field is based on one in Fon du Lac, the microbrews in the upper level are from around the state, and the signs in the outfield are major wisconsin corporations. The only thing missing are the cheeseheads.

The stadium itself is pretty neutral, except that the outfield in left is pretty large, so it's death to right handed power hitters. It would fit in well with the current Brewers lineup.

Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 07-08-2019 at 02:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:47 PM   #177
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Nielsoncp's Ballpark Concepts and 3D Models

I realized that I had done most of the PCL previously, so I decided to close out that set of parks. To start with, I want to share Werner Park. Originally Omaha played at the same park as the Collegiate World Series, but that stadium proved too big for a minor league team. When the CWS decided to build a new stadium, the Omaha team decided to use that as their opportunity to build their own - and it's pretty unique. From a curving in wall in right to the pointy one in left, the layout of the field is creative. I took the general stadium outline and added luxury boxes in right and left field.

(As a side note - I'm not planning on going back through and modding the PCL stadiums so that they look like the actual AAA fields, but it could be a relatively easy job for someone (my guess is 1-2 hours per stadium, if not less) if they wanted to undertake that task. If you are interested, feel free to PM me and I can pass along some information about how I think it could be done quickly.)

The stadium itself is pretty lefty friendly (thanks to the odd right field wall shape) but plays pretty neutral for right handed hitters.

Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 07-11-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:22 AM   #178
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Um...Werner Park links to Warner Park...doh!
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:49 AM   #179
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Um...Werner Park links to Warner Park...doh!

Thanks for catching that Ty. The link is updated and correct now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 12:10 PM   #180
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

I still appreciate the heck out of your fine work, sir! Thank you so much.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.—Thomas Sowell
"Alinsky works for me now."
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote