Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 05-28-2019, 08:22 PM   #1721
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I had several series today, so I should have had more than one game played.
Did the records this morning before I left for work. Only a few games had been played this month at that point.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:23 PM   #1722
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I had several series today, so I should have had more than one game played.
Those results were sent pretty early, but I wasn't home, so they don't reflect today's action.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #1723
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Did the records this morning before I left for work. Only a few games had been played this month at that point.
Got it... Thanks!
Old 05-28-2019, 09:41 PM   #1724
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Note that there ARE ways to set up your team to "increase" the achievements you get. Particularly if you are willing to give up some win % for more PP.... some ways that immediately come to mind:

1. Put your premier power hitter first in your lineup. This increases chance of getting the "leadoff hr" achievement (50 pp), as well as chance of double or triple dinger.
2. On your stadium, increase batting average, home runs, doubles/triples percentage --- this increases chances of getting all the offensive achievements. If you also pick up players with great offense stats (even if their defense sucks) this is even better.
3. Have a few starters that have awesome STU and/or CON and large STM ratings. Their MOV ratings are irrelevant for this. Then set your preferences for pulling starting pitchers to slowest possible setting. You get the "putting up zeros" acheivement when they do long outings with no walks, and the "hitting the corners" achievement whenever they get 10 K in a game.
Will two and three lower my chances of winning?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:49 AM   #1725
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Bunnies playing .500 ball so far in perfect league

Well, I don't know how, but the Energizer Bunnies are 26-26 after two days of play in perfect league --- and this is despite cross-training OFs and selling off one of my SPs to save for an upgrade at SP.

I am sure this won't continue but it's fun so far to be sometimes beating teams that on paper should wipe the floor with me.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:13 AM   #1726
Magus978
All Star Starter

21-32 after day 2, 3-13 in 1-run games. Clinging to our status in the tier at the moment by 1 game. Think we only made like 200 points today. We're not just an also-ran, we're a doormat. I genuinely don't think we can stay up, and there's not much I can do about it. We're just not competitive.

This is also an open invitation to my relegation party this weekend. There will be alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. I'm counting on someone to bring the piano to drop on my head.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 05-29-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:56 AM   #1727
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

Wow guys. I'm in Silver .254 league with 7 OL teams. Just FYI. 2 of which are in my division! Best of luck to everyone!
Old 05-29-2019, 05:24 AM   #1728
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Cooper Grounds Jets, "Slumps" to 9-1 in OL S254

The Gutter Cats threaten to make the Our League race an easy victory lap as their winning percentage fell to .917.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-29-2019, 05:34 AM   #1729
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Wow, Nice Haul, but...

Terra Incognita nabbed 2,000 PP for a triple play, but then blew a 4-1 lead in the 9th to lose, 6-4.
Attached Images
Old 05-29-2019, 06:10 AM   #1730
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Well, I don't know how, but the Energizer Bunnies are 26-26 after two days of play in perfect league --- and this is despite cross-training OFs and selling off one of my SPs to save for an upgrade at SP.

I am sure this won't continue but it's fun so far to be sometimes beating teams that on paper should wipe the floor with me.
My non OL team is in your league. It is a pretty well balanced league with the exception of a few teams. I regret getting rid of Borbon, especially when I see what he is doing for you.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:22 AM   #1731
Edster007
All Star Starter

San Pedro had bounced back with a 16-11 May to pull within one game of .500 at 26-27. The end of June/beginning of July will be interesting 11 games in 15 days vs Seattle and Philadelphia in OL contests. It will be tough test for my team.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:10 AM   #1732
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
The Gutter Cats threaten to make the Our League race an easy victory lap as their winning percentage fell to .917.

Gutter Cats finished the month winning 9 in a row and now have a 10 game winning streak into early June. I was mediocre last year and haven't changed much other than adding Jim Maloney who hasn't exactly been good.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:19 AM   #1733
Kushiel
All Star Starter

G332

Keneohe Mokes
10-5
Luckenbach Armadillos
3-2
Harlem Hatchets
5-4
CliffMarkle Roadrunners
5-5
Sanguine Classics
4-10
Waffletown Syrups
1-2

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:33 AM   #1734
Charlatan
All Star Starter

All my teams started great last month, and this month they've all stunk up the joint.

My team in perfect went 5-23. My division leader has a winning pct of .700+
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:43 AM   #1735
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I167 Heats up

Arkham pulls out to an early lead but there are still tons of games to play.

In non-OL standings, OL teams lead 5 of the 6 divisions, and the top 2 AC Wild Card teams right now are OL teams, so we're representing really well. Could this be the year we get an OL World Series?

Code:
Our League Standings - I167 - Jun 2, 2028			
			 W	 L	 Pct
Arkham Horrors		12	 7	.632
Mudville Muffins	20	13	.606
Victoria Vikings	 6	 4	.600
Redmond Defenders	18	15	.545
Pa Athletic Club	15	13	.536
NZ Silver Ferns		 8	 8	.500
Gotham Knights		12	13	.480
Melaka Armada		21	24	.467
San Pedro Cerranos	11	15	.423
Fancher Creek Pirates	11	16	.407
Seattle Endless Summer	 4	 6	.400
Stephensville Bears	 3	 7	.300

space
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 05-29-2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: forgot the team-vs-team stuff
Old 05-29-2019, 08:18 AM   #1736
Charlatan
All Star Starter

After a bit of soul-searching, Annandale has decided to go back to its roots as a defense-oriented team. Therefore, they plan to have a fire sale on the players they've acquired over the last two or three seasons.

Beats sitting on my thumbs and asking myself "what do I want to do with this team?"
Old 05-29-2019, 08:55 AM   #1737
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
After a bit of soul-searching, Annandale has decided to go back to its roots as a defense-oriented team. Therefore, they plan to have a fire sale on the players they've acquired over the last two or three seasons.

Beats sitting on my thumbs and asking myself "what do I want to do with this team?"

I wish I could do the same. Patience is proving to be the hardest part for me with a new team. So many areas to address but have to hold and build my PP.
pitching and defense are my favorite parts baseball and my team excels in neither.

I have Shawn Dunston on my reserve squad. I pulled him in one of my 6 starter packs watched him play irl the man had a cannon for an arm but it is not reflected on his all star card. His D rating is pretty mediocre overall.

I’ve got time to think about what I want to do with this team-I just need the patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2019, 08:57 AM   #1738
sabakon
Minors (Triple A)

Wow...go Silver Ferns...

5-Hit Blitz by Smith

It wasn't just another day at the ballpark for Al Smith today. Smith went on a tear and cracked hit after hit off San Diego pitchers. When the dust settled on the diamond at Eden Park, he had a 5-for-5 line and a day he will long remember. And the New Zealand Silver Ferns-OL had a 26-3 victory over the Slammers.

"Yeah, it'll be something nice to tell the grandkids, but it won't get me a hit tomorrow," he joked in the postgame interview.

Al Smith singled in the 1st, doubled in the 2nd, singled in the 4th, walked in a run in the 5th, hit an RBI single in the 5th, walked in the 7th and hit a GRAND SLAM off Ronald Torreyes in the 8th.

This year Smith is batting .305 with 7 home runs.

NEW ZEALAND SILVER FERNS
Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora!

Proud members of "Our League"!
sabakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:26 AM   #1739
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
I wish I could do the same. Patience is proving to be the hardest part for me with a new team. So many areas to address but have to hold and build my PP.
pitching and defense are my favorite parts baseball and my team excels in neither.

I have Shawn Dunston on my reserve squad. I pulled him in one of my 6 starter packs watched him play irl the man had a cannon for an arm but it is not reflected on his all star card. His D rating is pretty mediocre overall.

I’ve got time to think about what I want to do with this team-I just need the patience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience IS hard, to be sure - and I'm especially bad at that also.

My first couple of seasons were defense oriented. We did pretty well but after a few seasons I got tired of losing 50 games by the scores of 3-2 or 2-1, so I switched to more offense regardless as to defensive ratings.

But the thing is, I like having a focus for the team. All of my teams (except Annandale) have themes: My Monuments team focus is "HR hitters and GB pitchers." For Motown it's "players active in the Motown Years (1959-1988)." For Venusville it's "contact and gap hitting, no homers." And so forth. That helps me figure out what players I'm looking for on the team. Annandale became something vague like "get the best player possible" which feels way too wishy-washy. So I'm going to go back to "defense first" as a theme, which should help them find their way.

I think part of why the first try failed is that I ended up with good defensive players but they weren't generating enough offense. I think I understand a bit more about the game to identify and acquire players that fit the mold a bit better this time around.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #1740
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Patience IS hard, to be sure - and I'm especially bad at that also.

My first couple of seasons were defense oriented. We did pretty well but after a few seasons I got tired of losing 50 games by the scores of 3-2 or 2-1, so I switched to more offense regardless as to defensive ratings.

But the thing is, I like having a focus for the team. All of my teams (except Annandale) have themes: My Monuments team focus is "HR hitters and GB pitchers." For Motown it's "players active in the Motown Years (1959-1988)." For Venusville it's "contact and gap hitting, no homers." And so forth. That helps me figure out what players I'm looking for on the team. Annandale became something vague like "get the best player possible" which feels way too wishy-washy. So I'm going to go back to "defense first" as a theme, which should help them find their way.

I think part of why the first try failed is that I ended up with good defensive players but they weren't generating enough offense. I think I understand a bit more about the game to identify and acquire players that fit the mold a bit better this time around.

You're running 4 teams in OOTP 20? You are more hardcore than I am.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote