Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 03-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
redmoss2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question about 7 day lineups

I've got a DTD injury on my 2B, and in my lineup settings, I have the backup 2B as 'every 3rd game'.

However, when I generate the 7-day lineup, it always defaults to my starter 2B, for the entire week. I would assume that a DTD injury would count as tired, and if not that, then at least I'd see my utility player every third game?

I have all the lineup settings to YES (allow starting subs, etc) so I'm confused about why it isn't filling in variations and always using my ideal starting lineup?
redmoss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:24 AM   #2
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoss2 View Post
I've got a DTD injury on my 2B, and in my lineup settings, I have the backup 2B as 'every 3rd game'.

However, when I generate the 7-day lineup, it always defaults to my starter 2B, for the entire week. I would assume that a DTD injury would count as tired, and if not that, then at least I'd see my utility player every third game?

I have all the lineup settings to YES (allow starting subs, etc) so I'm confused about why it isn't filling in variations and always using my ideal starting lineup?
The AI never changes the visible 7-day lineup. Changes only show in the game lineup, if they happen.

The AI will not always do what you set up unfortunately.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:45 PM   #3
redmoss2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No worries, so what's the point of all those options (e.g. allow starting subs) if it just pastes in what you defined in RHP/LHP? Or does it just use what you pasted in to the 7 day lineups as a guide?

Last edited by redmoss2; 03-02-2019 at 01:10 PM.
redmoss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

hehe the depth charts are a long-standing sour point for a handful of players at least....

while it works this way, i find ignorance is bliss. not what you want to hear, i know.. .but let it sink in a bit... over time i bet you succomb

it really amounts to a small percentage of the total pie. even so, i can comiserate, but i try not to think about it. like easily setting up dh/c platoon. simply, cannot as of recent versions... fixed now? doubt it.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-03-2019 at 04:59 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 05:11 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmoss2 View Post
No worries, so what's the point of all those options (e.g. allow starting subs) if it just pastes in what you defined in RHP/LHP? Or does it just use what you pasted in to the 7 day lineups as a guide?
I always set it to allow no subs and do it manually. Any other setting allows the AI to modify the starting lineup and the batting order.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #6
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

The 7 day only updates if you load the lineup for that day. It keeps it at what you put in until you change. So you can change your depth charts until the injury is over and reload each week or manually change the 7 day line up. Once you set it the only change you will see is if a starter gets demoted or put on the IL. None of this is automatic. Also if you set starting pitcher it won't change on its own. You have to redo this each week.

The option is for how much control you want. This allows you to be the manager only to the point of setting lineups for each game and then simming and allowing the AI to make subs after the first if needed.

There is no point in doing it if you manage the game, you can set the lineup pre-game. Allowing subs should only sub when someone needs rest. I haven't looked closely enough to see if that is the only time it does. It depends on how you sim. If you sim a week or more at a time you might get tired players playing if you don't sub out a time or two a week depending on schedule unless you allow subs. If you sim daily, you can juggle the lineup daily from the 7 day lineup based on who is tired and how batters are hitting.

I do believe that is the only way to use a swing man as a number 5 or number 6 starter. I maybe using the term wrong but I mean when you want to skip the starter last in the rotation when you have an offday in the next 5 or 6 days. Setting to strict order highest rested occasionally seems kind of random and highest rest doesn't seem to follow any real rotation.

Last edited by Biggio509; 10-02-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote