Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 01-11-2019, 02:43 AM   #81
dhall2010
Bat Boy

I would absolutely play this as a quickstart! These look awesome!!!
dhall2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:43 PM   #82
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

It's on to the Dixie Division, the sixth of eight 12-team divisions in the Eastern League... for those keeping score at home, 60 of the 192 teams have now been posted. A few people have asked about a quick-start; I'll share that as soon as I (a) clean up the minor leagues, and (b) figure out how to share quick-starts on here. For now, though:

The Baton Rouge Buzzards

First up in the Dixie Division are the Buzzards, a constant mess of a team who play in Goldsby Park. The Buzzards may not pile up too many wins, but I do like the fit between the team name, the color scheme, and the city here. Better days ahead, Baton Rouge.

TrapperJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:51 PM   #83
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Biloxi Blues

How good are the Biloxi Blues? In my league—which has a March Madness-style 64-team playoff series structure—they reached the 'Elite Eight' in each of their first three seasons... not bad for a 192-team field. With the best run of 1-5 hitters in the East and an impressive stable of starters, the Blues are a powerhouse who are tough to beat at Hard Rock Field. Pretty sure I stole the logo from Daniel Saline's USBL's Memphis Blues; I liked the idea of adding a dash of yellow to the obvious primary color for the uniform set.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #84
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
(b) figure out how to share quick-starts on here. For now, though:
Making a quickstart couldn't be easier, I can help with that:

1. Get your league all set up how you like it.

2. Go to "File" in game and select the "Create Quickstart Game" option and follow the prompts.

3. The game will create a file name with a .quick extension. Take this file and upload it online to a storage site. I have used and would recommend mediafire.com (takes an email address and about 5 minutes to create an account)

4. Post the link to your quickstart on the mods forum:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3638

----
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #85
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Making a quickstart couldn't be easier, I can help with that:

1. Get your league all set up how you like it.

2. Go to "File" in game and select the "Create Quickstart Game" option and follow the prompts.

3. The game will create a file name with a .quick extension. Take this file and upload it online to a storage site. I have used and would recommend mediafire.com (takes an email address and about 5 minutes to create an account)

4. Post the link to your quickstart on the mods forum:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...lay.php?f=3638

----
Very helpful! Thanks so much. Will do exactly that for anyone who wants to launch their own version of this league.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:07 PM   #86
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Birmingham Dukes

From the CMC Steel Yard in Alabama, the Dukes bring a genteel identity befitting the deep South's vision of itself. Alas for Birmingham, they have been slow to rise in the standings. The color scheme, at least, has a warmth and power to it.

Old 01-12-2019, 01:13 PM   #87
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Chattanooga Scouts

In a division that boasts three of the East's best teams, Chattanooga claims a spot near the top. I'd always loved the name "Scouts" and wanted to find a good home for it, and where better than the dusty tumble of central Tennessee? From Montague Park, the Scouts are a metrics powerhouse with pop, speed, defense, and bullpen strength.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #88
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Lexington Colonels

The scrappy Colonels of Lexington, Kentucky, are next up. From Whitaker Bank Ballpark, these Colonels take their branding inspiration from a Charlotte Colonels set posted on these forums long ago; the cool pale blue 70s alternates seemed like they had to make an appearance in my league, and the name felt right for Lexington. This fringe playoff team is all speed and bullpen—they're a fun one to manage.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #89
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Louisville Royals

Haier Park is home to the Royals, a well-rounded squad with a regal look. I'm not sure when or why I got so locked in to this city/name combo—maybe there was some historical precedent?—but it clicked a long time ago. Though I tried to avoid existing MLB names whenever possible, I ended up making eight exceptions for fits I liked, and this was one of them.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:11 PM   #90
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

That Louisville road set has me drooling
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:46 AM   #91
lotr13
Minors (Double A)

On the off chance you were serious, Louisville = Louis Ville = King Louis XVI of France. Either way, awesome sets.
lotr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #92
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr13 View Post
On the off chance you were serious, Louisville = Louis Ville = King Louis XVI of France. Either way, awesome sets.
While I appreciate the benefit of the doubt, in this instance I was 100% just being an idiot, and am grateful for the retrospectively obvious explanation. In my defense, at least I didn't accidentally call them the Louisville Diamond Phillipses or something.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:56 PM   #93
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Mobile Barracudas

From Austal Park overlooking Mobile Bay, the Barracudas may seem like another odd choice—but there is in-state precedent to be found! The Birmingham Barracudas were a short-lived Canadian Football League franchise; what barracudas were doing in Alabama is beyond me, but, then again, what the CFL was doing in Alabama is beyond me as well. I'm a fan of the deep teal and orange look here, though your mileage may vary.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:26 PM   #94
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Montgomery Angels

Apologies for the hiatus, folks–I know you've all been waiting with bated breath for more teams. From Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium come the Angels; I named them for one of my favorite John Prine tunes, "Angel from Montgomery." Nice cream duds... hellish on-field performance. So it goes.

Old 01-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #95
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Nashville Jukes

From Nissan Stadium, the Jukes are a bona fide force in the division. I confess—I basically just stole these sets outright from the actual Nashville Sounds (and from the talented person in this community who made them, and whose handle I cannot recall). Never my preference to borrow from real life like that, but these were just too cool not to repurpose... a little tinkering with the logo, and the Sounds became the Jukes, which was a name I came up with looking for something a bit different that still honored Nash Vegas's music scene (Jukes... as in jukeboxes... get it?).

Old 01-25-2019, 09:29 PM   #96
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The New Orleans Voodoo

Another dominant force in the Eastern League comes from Benson Park in New Orleans, where to Voodoo boast one of the highest-average offenses in the CBL and some mean pitching. The name admittedly has a bit of an XFL quality to it, but, you know... who cares.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:30 PM   #97
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Tallahassee Tiger Sharks

Nothing fancy about the Tiger Sharks, who play subpar ball at Messer Stadium in Florida's capital. These sets come (almost) directly from the 'cities & states' project; they're not flashy, but I thought there was a certain class to them that worked.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:31 PM   #98
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

The Tupelo Grays

From, yes, Elvis Presley Park, the Tupelo Grays were originally called the Kings in honor of their favorite son. Once I saw Low's Memphis Kings set, however (which aptly honored another King, Dr. Martin Luther Jr., who worked and was assassinated there), I had to make a switch. The Grays set was inspired by a logo I found over on Sportslogos, which I adapted for the small Mississippi city—I felt that it worked decently well, and liked the idea of getting a gray fox into the logo mix.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:43 PM   #99
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

These are great! Can't wait to see the full set.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 11:37 PM   #100
TrapperJohn
Minors (Triple A)

My rate of posting these may have slowed lately; apologies for that, but I am determined to power through. The next division—the penultimate dozen of the Eastern League—is the Shenandoah Division, covering a decent swath of the American southeast. First up...

The Asheville Deacons

This was a name and team identity I struggled with, and honestly may at some point replace. I do like the way the color scheme worked out—nothing flashy, but these particular shades of blue and yellow jibe well together, particularly in the away uniform. These Deacons are a sub-.500 squad who play at Ingles Park in beautiful western North Carolina.