Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Inside the Ropes

TBCB Inside the Ropes Your game and fantasy fights

Old 05-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #121
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

nm

Last edited by hamed2; 05-13-2013 at 05:05 PM.
hamed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #122
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

That's the best post I've read from you in a couple days. And yeah, I'm the one that's upset. Now you're trolling your own thread. LOL

Last edited by PWillisTheMan; 05-13-2013 at 04:53 PM.
PWillisTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #123
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWillisTheMan View Post
That's the best post I've read from you in a couple days. And yeah, I'm the one that's upset. Now you're trolling your own thread. LOL
lol & you have to admit, you coming here to see it is funny too!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #124
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamed2 View Post
lol & you have to admit, you coming here to see it is funny too!
I read all of the universes. I assumed you had run a fight. I'm quite surprised that you're so upset that you decided to soil your own uni.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #125
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I read all of the universes. I assumed you had run a fight. I'm quite surprised that you're so upset that you decided to soil your own uni.
not upset, I hope to have some good fight results by Sat.

So stay tuned brother!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:38 PM   #126
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
not upset, I hope to have some good fight results by Sat.

So stay tuned brother!
Will do
Old 05-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #127
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Paulie Malignaggi moves to 5-0 @ WW hoping for a title shot later this year with an easy 10UD over Hamit Riahi. (98-92, 99-91, 100-90). Paulie out punched Hamit 358-103.

Nothing too exciting about this bout but the strats were employed & I paid special attention to Paulie's due to all the recent heated debate.

Paulie fought the 1st 3 rounds Normal & the last 7 he employed the Fight Outside Defensive strat. From what I've seen of Paulie over the years, both the outcome & how he fought the rounds in this bout seemed pretty realistic to me.

My version of him he doesn't even have going for KO as an option so I'm not sure what version people are using of him?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #128
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

In a battle between 2 unbeatens, WBA CW champ Wayne Braithwaite made the 13th successful defense of his title by basically beating up Denis Lebedev for 5 rounds in Russia.

A right hook in the 1st dropped the fearsome Russian for an 8 count & a combo in the 5th ended matters of what was expected/hoped to be a much better fight.

Denis suffers his 1st loss (5-1, 5 KO's) & Wayne is now 24-0-1 with 22 KO's. Wayne won the PL battle 146-63.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #129
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Devon Alexander came to Italy & took the IBF WW crown from Antonio Moscatiello in impressive fashion - 7 TKO.

The fight matched 2 unbeaten welters but Devon's superior skill & speed were evident from the start as he dominated the over matched Italian 240 to 98 in punches landed.

Devon was up on all 3 cards: 60-54, 59-55, 58-56.

Last edited by hamed2; 05-19-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #130
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Paulie Malignaggi moves to 5-0 @ WW hoping for a title shot later this year with an easy 10UD over Hamit Riahi. (98-92, 99-91, 100-90). Paulie out punched Hamit 358-103.

Nothing too exciting about this bout but the strats were employed & I paid special attention to Paulie's due to all the recent heated debate.

Paulie fought the 1st 3 rounds Normal & the last 7 he employed the Fight Outside Defensive strat. From what I've seen of Paulie over the years, both the outcome & how he fought the rounds in this bout seemed pretty realistic to me.

My version of him he doesn't even have going for KO as an option so I'm not sure what version people are using of him?
He was ahead in the fight. Your version would do the same thing mine did against Cory Spinks. If it's two boxers fighting one of them will always assume the role of the slugger. The strategies aren't fighter specific at all, so the 'version' of Paulie is irrelevant. Mine has 0 for Go for KO too and he did it 8 times because he was losing.

Last edited by PWillisTheMan; 05-20-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #131
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He was ahead in the fight. Your version would do the same thing mine did against Cory Spinks. If it's two boxers fighting one of them will always assume the role of the slugger. The strategies aren't fighter specific at all, so the 'version' of Paulie is irrelevant. Mine has 0 for Go for KO too and he did it 8 times because he was losing.
Well that's interesting - I've personally never noticed them going for KO. In this case, doesn't it make sense he'd go for KO if he felt he was losing?

For light punchers like Cory or Paulie, does it really matter though? In other words, they can go for KO all they want but they just don't have the pop to have much of a chance for the knockout.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #132
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well that's interesting - I've personally never noticed them going for KO. In this case, doesn't it make sense he'd go for KO if he felt he was losing?

For light punchers like Cory or Paulie, does it really matter though? In other words, they can go for KO all they want but they just don't have the pop to have much of a chance for the knockout.
You just don't pay attention to it. Someone is doing it frequently in every fight you have. Especially in 15 round fights. No, a guy with an HP of 1 or 2 isn't going to produce as many knock outs as Mike Tyson even if he goes all out for the KO over and over again.

It doesn't make sense at all that he would do it because it isn't his style and it isn't a strategy he has to impart. It was also a very close fight, an MD. The strategies are just broken as all hell.

It matters to me because I like to have things as realistic as possible and as true to the game concept as it can be. It definitely alters the action and opens them up to get dropped/stopped more frequently.

Last edited by PWillisTheMan; 05-20-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #133
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You just don't pay attention to it. Someone is doing it frequently in every fight you have. Especially in 15 round fights. No, a guy with an HP of 1 or 2 isn't going to produce as many knock outs as Mike Tyson even if he goes all out for the KO over and over again.

It doesn't make sense at all that he would do it because it isn't his style and it isn't a strategy he has to impart. It was also a very close fight, an MD. The strategies are just broken as all hell.

It matters to me because I like to have things as realistic as possible and as true to the game concept as it can be. It definitely alters the action and opens them up to get dropped/stopped more frequently.
I'm with you on wanting things realistic - so are you saying if you take off the strats, the fighters don't go for KO's any more? They just fight in the Normal mode the entire time?

And you're right, going for a KO does open someone up to getting caught by a counter punch more easily but in a Paulie & Cory fight, I could see them risking it because they know the other guy has little pop.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #134
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Maybe Paulie has a new tude if he does what he says here:

WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi (32-4, 7KOs) has fired back at Adrien Broner (26-0, 22KOs), holder of the WBC's lightweight crown. In a recent interview, Broner promised to execute a brutal knockout on Malignaggi. He said the KO victory would be brutal enough to get featured on the popular website World Star Hip Hop.
Malignaggi is planning to turn the tables. He warned Broner that he intends to drop him hard, urinate on him, and then he will package the footage and issue the video to World Star.
"Adrien Broner is an ugly ninja turtle looking dude. I'm fly and looking crispy. He sounds retarted. He rehearses all of his stuff. Once you come back at him, he has nothing to come back at you with," Malignaggi told The AK & Hitch Show. "Your say you're going to World Star me? I'll World Star myself, because I'm going to World Star you on that canvas and then I'm going to **** on you. Don't let me drop you because I will lift up my skirt and **** on you. I promise you."
The clash on June 22nd, on Showtime, from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #135
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm with you on wanting things realistic - so are you saying if you take off the strats, the fighters don't go for KO's any more? They just fight in the Normal mode the entire time?

And you're right, going for a KO does open someone up to getting caught by a counter punch more easily but in a Paulie & Cory fight, I could see them risking it because they know the other guy has little pop.
Yes, they just fight normal.

You could see Paulie going all out for the KO 8 rounds in a row during a close fight? You have quite the imagination.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #136
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, they just fight normal.

You could see Paulie going all out for the KO 8 rounds in a row during a close fight? You have quite the imagination.
No in your case that sounds far fetched but like you pointed out Tyson, him going for a KO is different than a Paulie or Cory doing it. But maybe going for KO is just what they called it, it means really being aggressive. Light punchers who use it know they probably can't KO or even knock a guy down but hope their aggression wins the round or a good hard punch sways the judges. It's the alternative to getting on their bike or covering up for 3 minutes.

Considering the alternative, I'd rather have guys go for KO's on occasion than never.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #137
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No in your case that sounds far fetched but like you pointed out Tyson, him going for a KO is different than a Paulie or Cory doing it. But maybe going for KO is just what they called it, it means really being aggressive. Light punchers who use it know they probably can't KO or even knock a guy down but hope their aggression wins the round or a good hard punch sways the judges. It's the alternative to getting on their bike or covering up for 3 minutes.

Considering the alternative, I'd rather have guys go for KO's on occasion than never.
I would agree if there was a random nature to it and it adhered to the actual strategy ratings. That's the only change I care about in the game. Tyson should be doing it in round one. Paulie should do it never.

Even in your fight where Paulie used a fight outside strategy 8 times, the most anybody should ever be able to do that is 4.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #138
PWillisTheMan
Hall Of Famer

We're pretty much getting into the same conversation. What bothers me is that every imparted strategy affects your ratings and the ratings of your opponents. Allowing them to be in play more than your ratings dictate is essentially creating two different fighters and taking away a lot of realism. When I fight normal, I'm using the ratings exactly as they are and it gives a better representation of the fighters skills.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #139
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I would agree if there was a random nature to it and it adhered to the actual strategy ratings. That's the only change I care about in the game. Tyson should be doing it in round one. Paulie should do it never.

Even in your fight where Paulie used a fight outside strategy 8 times, the most anybody should ever be able to do that is 4.
Wasn't that something that was tweaked or the difference was you could only do it so many times in the board game?

Thought I read here once that say strats were 2, 2, 2, 2.

At the beginning of each round, you'd have an equal chance of going for a KO, fighting inside, fighting outside or covering up. The AI determined that. In other words, you couldn't use up any strats.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #140
hamed2
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We're pretty much getting into the same conversation. What bothers me is that every imparted strategy affects your ratings and the ratings of your opponents. Allowing them to be in play more than your ratings dictate is essentially creating two different fighters and taking away a lot of realism. When I fight normal, I'm using the ratings exactly as they are and it gives a better representation of the fighters skills.
So if a guy has a 2 KO strat rating, you think he should only be able to go for a KO twice in a 10 or 15 round fight?