Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 11 > FHM11 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM11 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old Yesterday, 12:26 AM   #1
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Franchise Hockey Manager 11 Trailer

FHM Trailer - https://youtu.be/3PaRJ1wFvAU
Attached Images

Last edited by Adam B; Yesterday at 12:51 AM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:45 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

And, naturally, Steam finally approved our store page in the middle of our Twitch stream announcing 11 (and complaining about the delay in letting us make the store live): https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ey_Manager_11/
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:53 AM   #3
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

They heard the threats of sending Bettman!!
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:42 AM   #4
MatyLA
Bat Boy

Hi, are the world championships included in the historal game?
MatyLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 AM   #5
boscoJJ
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatyLA View Post
Hi, are the world championships included in the historal game?
if they don't mention it that means no
you might have to import historical leagues in custom game for it
boscoJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 AM   #6
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

I'm excited about the game and I will buy it when it goes live hopefully on October 25th. I have some questions though:

1. Was there any changes to free agents? A lot of players kept the high salary demand for a long time which led to players staying as free agent for a very long time. They should decrease the demand over time between July 1 and start of the season.

2. With the new changes in AI trading behavior, will they understand better if they are a contender or a seller? It's very easy to acquire a veteran from another playoff team when they really should keep him and definitely not trade him for picks and prospects.

3. Has there been more balancing between 2D mode and classic mode? There were still a fairly big gap between those modes when i have done tests and simmed full seasons in terms of points total.

4. Will there ever come a time when the AI can make trades during the draft to move up or down in the draft? This is something that I really want because right now it feels like the world in the game is so dead and I am the only one making trades with the AI. Same could be said for trade deadline. Maybe could take a look at how EA NHL or Hockey Legacy Manager does it. Maybe add a clock in the draft but you could make it optional for those who wants to take their time. Some more immersion in the big three events as a GM: Draft, Trade Deadline and Free Agency.

5. Are we getting true expansion draft rules at some point like picking one player per team? It's too easy to get a decent team by stealing multiple players from one team.

Last edited by Swedishgamefreak; Yesterday at 08:26 AM.
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #7
Colorado
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
And, naturally, Steam finally approved our store page in the middle of our Twitch stream announcing 11 (and complaining about the delay in letting us make the store live): https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...ey_Manager_11/
Couldn't make it up Jeff!!

Like the QoL changes you've made for this version.

I really like the revamped schedule screen - it's a really nice tough, especially the player's of the night. Just wondering whether it would be possible to show the probable/starting goalie instead of the captain and include SOG? This info would really compliment what you've done with the new look screen.

Good luck with the release.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM   #8
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
I'm excited about the game and I will buy it when it goes live hopefully on October 25th. I have some questions though:

1. Was there any changes to free agents? A lot of players kept the high salary demand for a long time which led to players staying as free agent for a very long time. They should decrease the demand over time between July 1 and start of the season.

2. With the new changes in AI trading behavior, will they understand better if they are a contender or a seller? It's very easy to acquire a veteran from another playoff team when they really should keep him and definitely not trade him for picks and prospects.

3. Has there been more balancing between 2D mode and classic mode? There were still a fairly big gap between those modes when i have done tests and simmed full seasons in terms of points total.

4. Will there ever come a time when the AI can make trades during the draft to move up or down in the draft? This is something that I really want because right now it feels like the world in the game is so dead and I am the only one making trades with the AI. Same could be said for trade deadline. Maybe could take a look at how EA NHL or Hockey Legacy Manager does it. Maybe add a clock in the draft but you could make it optional for those who wants to take their time. Some more immersion in the big three events as a GM: Draft, Trade Deadline and Free Agency.

5. Are we getting true expansion draft rules at some point like picking one player per team? It's too easy to get a decent team by stealing multiple players from one team.
I suggest going and watching the stream on Twitch. He did mentions improvements to the trade logic, but I couldn't tell all that he said. He didn't mention much about the 2D engine other than some adjustments to how it plays.

I would like to see more interaction during Free Agency, Trade Deadline, and Draft as well. The off season is my favorite time of the game. Have you tried upping the trades number in the League screen? There's a number assigned to Trading that dictates how much trading there is. The higher, the more trades supposedly. I'm not one for doing trades when building my teams so I don't pay it much attention.

If you do an expansion draft you can set those rules yourself.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #9
artlan
Minors (Single A)

Oct 25 can't come soon enough
artlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #10
boscoJJ
Minors (Triple A)

Will we have Olympic/Euro Hockey Tour/Asian Winter Games in custom save
boscoJJ is offline   Reply With Quote