Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Perfect Team 25
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 25 Perfect Team 25 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-08-2024, 03:19 PM   #1
Nicolino Di Benedetto
Perfect Team Project Manager

Theme Week is Coming to Perfect Team on Aug. 19!

Perfect Team Theme Week is Almost Here!

Hello, everyone! We have some exciting news for league play that will surely change your strategies, approaches to roster building and have you dreaming of baseball of yore, while you put the needle down on Abbey Road.

OOTP is pleased to announce our first “Theme Week!”

Starting on Monday, Aug. 19 all league play will be set in the year 1969! That means the performance of games will resemble that of 1969, so set your strategies and look for your pitchers to last a bit longer than they do in the Modern Era.

Changes like this are a great way for teams to try something new, and give everyone a new challenge in league play. This is the first time we’ve changed the run environment in league play, and we’re looking to do it again.

To go along with the change, we will have other things to keep the theme going all week as we head into the Perfect Team Masters Series on Saturday, Aug. 24.

Not only will league play harken back to the day a black cat wandering around the on-deck circle at Shea Stadium, but there will be prizes at stake. The winner of Perfect League for that week will get a one-of-a-kind Perfect card, while all 12 Diamond league champions will get a special Diamond-level card. But don’t worry! If you don’t win these special cards in league play, they’ll be available in packs for everyone at a later date.

NOTE: DH will be on for all leagues, and there will be a minimum of one batter faced for RPs

NOTE: As a bonus for the week, all achievements earned in the week get a 15% bonus when paid out (you can see the value in transaction history - in the achievements window only the "base" value is shown)

Last edited by Matt Arnold; 08-20-2024 at 04:52 AM.
Nicolino Di Benedetto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 01:29 PM   #2
daves
Hall Of Famer

Will there be a schedule of weekly themes?

Will a dh be eliminated in any week? Not sure how well that will go over?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2024, 06:11 PM   #3
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Okay, Okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolino Di Benedetto View Post

Hello, everyone! We have some exciting news for league play that will surely change your strategies, approaches to roster building and have you dreaming of baseball of yore, while you put the needle down on Abbey Road.

Starting on Monday, Aug. 19 all league play will be set in the year 1969! That means the performance of games will resemble that of 1969, so set your strategies and look for your pitchers to last a bit longer than they do in the Modern Era.

Changes like this are a great way for teams to try something new, and give everyone a new challenge in league play. This is the first time we’ve changed the run environment in league play, and we’re looking to do it again.

To go along with the change, we will have other things to keep the theme going all week as we head into the Perfect Team Masters Series on Saturday, Aug. 24.

Not only will league play harken back to the day a black cat wandering around the on-deck circle at Shea Stadium, but there will be prizes at stake. The winner of Perfect League for that week will get a one-of-a-kind Perfect card, while all 12 Diamond league champions will get a special Diamond-level card. But don’t worry! If you don’t win these special cards in league play, they’ll be available in packs for everyone at a later date.

NOTE: DH will be on for all leagues, and there will be a minimum of one batter faced for RPs

I like this idea a lot, well maybe not a lot but a hellva lot. Wonder why it took this long to come around? I'd love to see other years tried to like the Steriod Years maybe. Nice thinking OOTP. Should be better than the combinator cluster puck.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 07:58 AM   #4
rburgh
All Star Reserve

Love this idea

Every week of the year should be a theme week. They can rotate through eras from the 19th century to modern times, probably divided into 13 eras. The first cycle gives gold versions of HOFers to league winners. And these cards enter packs after a couple of week delay.

Starting with the 2nd cycle, the 1st cycle cards can be upgraded with teammates and the new cards in the 2nd cycle are low diamonds to golds and above. 3rd cycle, high diamonds to golds and above, and 4th cycle perfects to diamonds and above. 2nd and 3rd cycle cards can also be upgraded, and 1st cycle cards can continue to be upgraded all the way to perfect.

Teams should only be eligible to be awarded these cards if they have never been at a higher level of the pyramid. This should cut down the dumping of playoff series a bit and also the complete selloffs of teams out of frustration or malice. If the team that wins the league is ineligible, the Finals loser gets it, then the losing LCS with the better regular season record or run differential, etc.

Last edited by rburgh; 08-19-2024 at 07:59 AM.
rburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 12:16 PM   #5
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I still have to use a 5-man rotation today to have a rested starter for the 5th game. I like the theme idea but the 60's used a 4-man rotation. Five men did not come along till the 70's. Teams were still using just 3 starters in the WS at the time. If I remember correctly, it happened mainly at the time because the Dodgers had a wealth of starters. Other managers then did like managers do and copied.

In the 70's

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 04:44 AM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I still have to use a 5-man rotation today to have a rested starter for the 5th game. I like the theme idea but the 60's used a 4-man rotation. Five men did not come along till the 70's. Teams were still using just 3 starters in the WS at the time. If I remember correctly, it happened mainly at the time because the Dodgers had a wealth of starters. Other managers then did like managers do and copied.

In the 70's
It was a little bit of a mix. Some teams were running closer to a 4-man, but a number of teams still had their #4 and #5 guys getting 20+ starts. Some teams like the Dodgers had 3 guys get 40+ starts, but only 7 starters hit 40 that year, most teams probably were more like a 4.5 man rotation - the top starters would pitch on regular rest after days off, but if the team had no days off, then they'd need the 5th starter.

In PT this week, top starters should be getting up to 36+ starts easily in-game, and will tend to go deeper than they would in other weeks. PT tends to be a little stricter at preventing teams from shortening up the rest, so yes, teams likely won't be quite as able to shorten up to a 4-man as you would if you were playing out the season in the base game, so trying to push to 40 starts might have guys at less than full rest.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 07:33 AM   #7
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Thanks for the response, Matt.

I guess we could even say the 5-man rotation goes back to the Browns in the 1880's then.

My point is the 5-man rotation was not the "meta" so to speak until the 70's. So, looking forward to the 60's week I stupidly thought I should be able to use a 10-man staff with a 4-man rotation as was more typical before the hated DH. It would have been nice to have an extra PR or PH bat in those roster spots. That is not gonna happen because I need my 12-man staff as it plays out. But, like always. we persevere with what we are dealt on any given week.

I like the theme season idea a lot. Now I know that the only thing resembling the theme year is the tip of the hat to a few stats. Thanks anyway for your work on it. It is a good idea but seems like 90% hype.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 05:36 PM   #8
ianmleavitt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
Thanks for the response, Matt.

I guess we could even say the 5-man rotation goes back to the Browns in the 1880's then.

My point is the 5-man rotation was not the "meta" so to speak until the 70's. So, looking forward to the 60's week I stupidly thought I should be able to use a 10-man staff with a 4-man rotation as was more typical before the hated DH. It would have been nice to have an extra PR or PH bat in those roster spots. That is not gonna happen because I need my 12-man staff as it plays out. But, like always. we persevere with what we are dealt on any given week.

I like the theme season idea a lot. Now I know that the only thing resembling the theme year is the tip of the hat to a few stats. Thanks anyway for your work on it. It is a good idea but seems like 90% hype.
I've been fine running 5 SP and 5 RP, for what it's worth. ~155 pitch count for the starters. Two of my RPs have a total of 8 innings currently, even. The typically condensed schedule of PEL may make things play a little differently up the level, though.
Old 08-20-2024, 06:50 PM   #9
the_mad_monk
Major Leagues

There isn't much signifying the theme week in-game. Can unique splash screens, home screens, graphics, etc. be implemented next time?
the_mad_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #10
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolino Di Benedetto View Post

NOTE: As a bonus for the week, all achievements earned in the week get a 15% bonus when paid out (you can see the value in transaction history - in the achievements window only the "base" value is shown)
THEME WEEK, Is my MOST favorite part of Perfect Team. I wish a League or options to join a weekly THEME TEAM for every week. Dont care if I win (But I'd Like to) but trying to mix and match is the fun part of it.
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #11
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Will there be a schedule of weekly themes?

Will a dh be eliminated in any week? Not sure how well that will go over?
Why not try in in the pre-DH years. Wouldn't bother me at all when everyone has to go DH-less.