Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Franchise Hockey Manager 8 > FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 8 - Technical Support/Bug Reports Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:31 PM   #1
laving
Bat Boy

Not allowed to trade - Multiplayer Game

Started up a multiplayer game for the first time (Standard). Offline, so that I can manage more than one team for enhanced game experience and different challenges.

With the Commissioner, I picked a NHL team.
Non Commissioner GM picked a team in Sweden.
Another non Commissioner GM picked a team in Norway.

I reacted to the fact that I couldn't buy or sell players with my swedish and norwegian teams, despite that the AI teams in the same leagues could. I went along with it, thinking it could be a nice challenge to only use free agency for managing those two teams.

Simmed a season, and did what I really started this save for: Taking over a new expansion team, in a 2 team expansion year (new non Commissioner GM). I had a really great expansion draft, given the fact that I had to share the available players with an AI expansion team.

Finishing the draft, and now on to the fun part: Trading for more draft picks in the entry draft. Or so I thought. Trade function is not available.

I can't shop any players. (text is grey)
I can't choose a player to Make Trade Offer.
I can't trade from the Teams drop down menu (text is grey)
I can't hit the trade button from the Roster screen (button is grey)

Really, it seems like the game don't allow human GMs that is not Comissioner to make any trades or transfers.

But if I shop a player with my GM that has Comissioner status, the game will actually send a trade proposal from my human GM without my consent.

------------------

Also. Is there a way to watch a game from a non Comissioner GM? Continue button for non Comissioner GM don't work. That's maybe by design, I don't know.

I really like this save. I hope this is fixable.
laving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 03:32 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's a necessary limitation with multiplayer games - the commissioner controls the trading rather than the individual GM's being able to make trades on their own, which would lead to a problem if two GM's, for example, traded for the same player. To make a trade, the commissioner account needs to select the team that wants to trade, then on the trading screen select their partner, set up the desired trade, and then use "Force Trade" from the Action Menu to execute the trade.

Same thing with Continue - the commissioner account is the only one that can advance the game. But if you're just using multiplayer mode to control multiple teams yourself, you can coach individual games by selecting the active manager on a day that they have a game and viewing the game - the usual coaching controls will work for them.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 07:14 AM   #3
laving
Bat Boy

Another way to do it, would be that human GMs can trade, but human trades (or all) has to be approved by commish. That would easily solve the "what if two human GMs trade for the same player" issue. Then you can have trading for all!

And the NHL and SHL don't have trades between them. Why does these two effect each other in the same way?

"Force trade" destroys the game experience completely. I mean. Trading is kinda the most essential part of being a GM. And the feature is taken away. I can't understand why a such a customizable game whould have such a standard feature limit like that.
Old 03-28-2022, 07:58 AM   #4
laving
Bat Boy

So if I get this right...

Right now I have the following:

Comissioner: Ottawa Senators
GM: Atlanta Thrashers

In order to trade with Atlanta, I have to resign from Atlanta, have the Comissioner to take over Atlanta, make a trade, have the Comissioner to take over Ottawa again, and let the GM take over Atlanta again?

Is this how trading works in the online multiplayer leagues? Or do they set the Comissioner to not have a team by default, just to make overtaking of teams a bit smoother? Or did I get the instructions on how to make a trade with a non Commissioner team wrong?
Old 03-29-2022, 07:30 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

No - you don't need to resign from Atlanta, just use the "Select Active Human Manager" option (on the League menu) to switch to the Ottawa/commissioner account, and then change the selected team in the team menu to Atlanta. Once you've done that, selecting Trade Offer in the team menu will open a trade screen with Atlanta selected.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:14 PM   #6
laving
Bat Boy

Hmm.

Step 1:
Select the Commissioner account (Ottawa) from the Manager menu.

Step 2:
Teams Menu (where it says SENATORS), I select Atlanta Thrashers. The Thrashers roster appears on the screen, and the Team Menu name switches to THRASHERS.

Step 3:
I hit the TRADE button, located between the Transactions and Finances button.

Here I can choose between Senators assets and Thrashers assets. If I Select Team Buffalo Sabres in the Trade Screen, I can choose from Sabres assets and Senators assets. I can not trade between Thrashers and Sabres.

Trying to do the Step 3 again, but instead of clicking the TRADE button, I choose "Trade Offer" from the Teams Menu. Same thing happens.
Old 03-31-2022, 01:19 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

Ah, that's because of the commissioner account also controlling a team, that locks out the ability to trade for other teams. You would need to resign from Ottawa with the commissioner account, then create a new GM to control Ottawa.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:00 PM   #8
laving
Bat Boy

Then I can't watch the games. Because that green continue button does not work for non comissioners, no matter if the continue button says "Continue" or "Next Game". And with the comissioner account, if that does not have a team, it will just sim to the next day if I click the continue button.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:13 AM   #9
RedWings Tom
Bat Boy

It's same in the FHM 10? Or i can play normaly for multiple teams?
RedWings Tom is offline   Reply With Quote