Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-14-2022, 04:00 PM   #1
Kafkaesque85
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question Add fictional players to database

Hello, I like to add family members to my historical simulations and track their careers, but I don't like creating them for every new sim I do. Is there a way I can put all their information into the csv file and the game would automatically upload their information at the time I requested? I tried fooling around with this with the Master list but to no avail.

Any ideas would be absolutely wonderful!
Kafkaesque85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:05 PM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

You're lucky. Just the other night I was trying to remember how to do this. So let's say you want to import them into the draft pool.

Go to Lg > Reports & Info > Draft Pool

Click Actions > Export Draft Pool

Open the file it exported to your league's import_export folder.

Now you have 2 choices from here. If you don't care about the players in this file, just overwrite one or more of the existing players with the details of the player(s) you want and reimport the file via that same Actions dropdown.

But if you don't want to overwrite any players, copy one line from that file to a new text file and edit it to what you want.

Now go to Lg > Free Agents

Click on Actions > Create Fictional Player

Change Draft Eligibility to "Eligible..." and click Create Player

Note the player name it created. Do this for as many players as you want.

Now go back to the Draft Pool screen and re-export that file and look at it. Confirm that the new player's name is at the very end. Note the player ID #.

Now go to the txt file you created with your player(s) and change their player ID #s for the new fictional players you had the game create.

Now from the Draft Pool screen again, click Actions > "Import...", select the file you created, and voila! Do a search for your player and he should be there.

You can even import players from other leagues if you want (this is what I wanted to do).

From the lg you want to import from, go to Lg > Lg Settings > Functions > Lg Actions > Import/Export > Import... Rosters. Copy the line(s) of the player(s) you want into a new text file. Then follow the instructions above from the Lg > Free Agents step. The only thing you have to be careful of is if you're importing players from a different version of OOTP then the file structure might be slightly different. In which case you might have to add in or move some data.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 01:33 PM   #3
Kafkaesque85
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
You're lucky. Just the other night I was trying to remember how to do this. So let's say you want to import them into the draft pool.

Go to Lg > Reports & Info > Draft Pool

Click Actions > Export Draft Pool

Open the file it exported to your league's import_export folder.

Now you have 2 choices from here. If you don't care about the players in this file, just overwrite one or more of the existing players with the details of the player(s) you want and reimport the file via that same Actions dropdown.

But if you don't want to overwrite any players, copy one line from that file to a new text file and edit it to what you want.

Now go to Lg > Free Agents

Click on Actions > Create Fictional Player

Change Draft Eligibility to "Eligible..." and click Create Player

Note the player name it created. Do this for as many players as you want.

Now go back to the Draft Pool screen and re-export that file and look at it. Confirm that the new player's name is at the very end. Note the player ID #.

Now go to the txt file you created with your player(s) and change their player ID #s for the new fictional players you had the game create.

Now from the Draft Pool screen again, click Actions > "Import...", select the file you created, and voila! Do a search for your player and he should be there.

You can even import players from other leagues if you want (this is what I wanted to do).

From the lg you want to import from, go to Lg > Lg Settings > Functions > Lg Actions > Import/Export > Import... Rosters. Copy the line(s) of the player(s) you want into a new text file. Then follow the instructions above from the Lg > Free Agents step. The only thing you have to be careful of is if you're importing players from a different version of OOTP then the file structure might be slightly different. In which case you might have to add in or move some data.
Thank you so much! Just one quick question. What is the best software to use to edit?
Kafkaesque85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 01:46 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Notepad++ for text editing.

Google Sheets or OpenOffice Calc if you prefer to edit the csvs in spreadsheets. They're like Excel, but free and, depending on your purpose, better.

EDIT: LibreOffice Calc is a similar, but better version of OpenOffice Calc.

Last edited by kq76; 07-01-2022 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:50 PM   #5
kq76
Global Moderator

BTW, if someone knows how to create their own "historical db" of fictional players, I'd love to see how to do it. I imagine the OP would find that even better for the above.

Imagine setting up a league to automatically import the players when you tell it to. My way you'd have to do it manually each year you want them to import.
Old 05-23-2022, 08:10 AM   #6
Jerrylt2022
Bat Boy

i created a new fictional league to test this and the draft pool option is always greyed out. I do not have the option to export the file or any functions under draft pool.
Jerrylt2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 08:49 AM   #7
kq76
Global Moderator

Sorry, I was going off an in process league of mine and its upcoming amateur draft.

If you just created the league and you didn't uncheck the hold inaugural draft checkbox, then go to League > Inaugural Draft > Draft Pool. The rest of the instructions starting with "Click Actions" should, I think, be the same.

Or if you do want to do this with the amateur draft, just sim until the amateur draft pool is announced (some time in early March) and follow the initial instructions.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:59 PM   #8
littlejim13
Minors (Double A)

I stumbled on to this and was wondering if you can clarify. I made a custom draft class adding on about 100 custom players left out from draft prospect rankings. I unretired one prospect who was not retired, changed a few players draft class, and made a few changes to injury and skill of players already in the game. I put it out as a txt file, but I can not import the players and changes in the import draft tool. I assume it’s because they are custom players and don’t exist in the database for my own custom game, or the online league I’m a part of. What do I need to do to get it to work?

I know this is a big ask, but thank you for any advise.
littlejim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:52 AM   #9
kq76
Global Moderator

I'm not really following all that you're trying to do (unretiring not retired players?), but the key point is you're replacing players (using existing ID #s) in a draft, players that either the game created or you created. If you understand that part, then you should be able to figure it out eventually.

If the "Import" function isn't available, it might be due to the time of year or maybe you don't have commissioner privileges or it might disabled for online leagues. I don't know.