Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP 25 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 25 - Technical Support This forum is for technical support and bug reports.

Old 08-20-2024, 05:27 PM   #1
mickey7
Minors (Triple A)

Can't get game to load

Purchased game thru Steam, every time I load the game and try to start it I get the message that it cannot locate the saved games file ? It tells me to delete and reload the game, that does no good I get the same message, it tells to run as administrator every thing I do is done as administrator so that does not work----any ideas how I moght get this game to load ????
mickey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 12:37 AM   #2
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Just some guesses here. Open Settings on the front page. When the pop-up comes up, go to troubleshooting. Then there should be a button to the effect of force reinstall/verify installation. Click that to try and force through something that might be hanging.

Also, are you hitting "Continue Game" or going to the "Load Game"? Do you save in the default location for saves or point to a custom drive for saves? If hitting Continue try hitting Load and navigating to the save file. If you get an error, take a screenshot. You can post it by hitting the "Go Advanced" button below the text box here. Do other saved games load or is it just one of them? The more detail you can provide the better.

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2024, 10:15 PM   #3
mickey7
Minors (Triple A)

I cannot perform any of the tasks you suggest because the game will not download properly from Steam, the main screen comes up with a message box that tells the game cannot write to the saved games file----I cannot access anything other than that message the game does NOT load.
Old 08-21-2024, 10:53 PM   #4
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

The save folder isn't part of the reinstallation - but looking for it can be. Is it on the C: drive or OneDrive or any other custom place? The game maybe looking for it in a default place, but you moved it at some point to another part of the computer.

These threads helped some others. Read all the way through each before touching anything. No idea if it will help but this is what a search of the forums for similar sounding problems yielded.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=355425

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/....php?p=5110485

Just my Facegen Pack: https://www.mediafire.com/file_premi..._Pack.zip/file
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2024, 08:39 PM   #5
mickey7
Minors (Triple A)

This is ridiculous! I played 106 hours on this game with nothing more than occasional glitches---then suddenly I tried to play it and got the message that the game could NOT write to the saved games file, and that I needed to uninstall and reinstall OOTP. I checked before uninstalling to see if the saved games file existed---it did and my saved game was in it. Tried to start game again got the same message, uninstalled game----reinstalled game got the same message, checked the game files and the saved games was there----Have attempted this at least ten times now and the result is always the same. Have posted both on Steam and this board and have gotten no answer---this is a developer problem obviously---where is the developer??? If this is customer support this is not the company I have been dealing with since the very OOTP game came----I paid for this game and it DOES NOT FUNCTION !!!!
Old 08-23-2024, 09:48 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

If this is happening, it's because you have some sort of permissions issue on your system that is keeping the game from writing to the correct folder. This is not an issue with the game itself, it's a local permissions problem.

The main things to do here are to A. Make sure you are running OOTP in admin mode, B. Whitelist OOTP in any anti-virus or anti-malware software on your system that may be blocking the game from writing to the save game directory, C. Make sure you have enough hard drive space in the drive where your saved games are located. This includes if you have the save directory set to your Google Drive, you'll need to make sure that your Google Drive is not out of free space.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2024, 11:02 AM   #7
mickey7
Minors (Triple A)

#1 As i said originally I am running in administrator mode, and have already done your other suggestions numerous times----by the way OOTP 23 runs fine as does, 22, 20, 19,and 18. If you can't make the game you built run what is the purpose of building the game ?? Every time one of your "experts" tries to help you always say it's not your problem---it/s always someone else's but the bottom line is it is the game you sold me and it does NOT work !!
Old 08-26-2024, 08:03 AM   #8
Chris Marquardt
OOTP Developments

The place where the game thinks the save game folder should be seems to be inaccessible for whatever reason on your PC.

So to change the save game folder you need to follow these steps (on Windows):
- press the Windows button and "R" at the same time
- a windows should appear with the title "Run"
- enter the command "explorer %appdata%\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 25\config"
- it should look like this:

- press OK
- an explorer window should appear
- if you don't see a file named "path.cfg" create it (be sure that the file really has the ending .cfg and is of type "CFG file")

- open the file with notepad
- write "path_saved_games" into the file
- press enter (to switch to a new line)
- press tab
- write the path you want to use like this:

- save the file
- start the game

Note: the folder you specified needs to exist. Otherwise the game will throw an error and will not start.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Chris Marquardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 12:16 PM   #9
mickey7
Minors (Triple A)

Not a solution---did not work. Removed program, reinstalled after new update came out----still cannot load game----message however has changed slightly it now reads "cannot create saved games file" however in the steamapps file the saved games folder is there with all the rest of the data folders ??? This game simply does NOT work and you simply are not capable of fixing it. i am not a programmer and I don't benefit from the sale of your games---I am the customer and I purchased a game to play----why can't it be played ????
Old 09-10-2024, 03:56 PM   #10
mickey7
Minors (Triple A)

You people really do NOT give a damn about your customers do you ???? After buying 23 of the 25 iterations of OOTP, 5 of the FHM, 2 of your dead boxing game, as well as ITP all I can say is may you get exactly what you deserve in the end !!!!
Old 09-10-2024, 05:46 PM   #11
Chris Marquardt
OOTP Developments

We do care, but there is only so much we can do.

Somewhere your PC configuration is different to others that blocks the game from accessing the save game folder.
There can be many reasons why this happens, so to change the save game folder to something you know is working is one of the few options to circumvent this.
But since you say that didn't worked, there is not much we can tell you to change except the things Lukas already said.
Chris Marquardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2024, 09:05 PM   #12
mickey7
Minors (Triple A)

So what you are saying is you built the game, sold it to me, it doesn't work and you cannot fix it. So you just stole the money I paid for a game you made, sold but can.t get to work ???? Wow, I have purchased in total over the years over 30 different games from you and this is how it ends-------CROOKEDLY !!!! Companies don't get any worse than this !!!!