Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-11-2021, 01:26 PM   #1
twins_34
All Star Starter

Fictional Historic League

Here is my question, I want to setup my minors how I want them and to stay that way. I went though and change the WHOLE structure of the minor league system and... then came off season and all of that was erased.

Is there some check box that I have to check or uncheck that will prevent that from happening? I only want historic players but I want to play with them in the more modern minor league system.

Is this possible? or will it keep resetting every single offseason?
twins_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #2
twins_34
All Star Starter

anyone that can help with this, I would be very grateful. I don't want to put in all the work again if it will reset on me again.

I have unchecked the box "Import and maintain real minor leagues" is that going to fix this issue?
Old 03-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #3
pgjocki
All Star Starter

I think so. Can you save game as a template and once that's done close OOTP then zip that save file and move to a new folder.

Then fire up OOTP and load your save and sim a year. If the problem is fixed then close game, unzip the one you saved and reload it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2021, 05:01 PM   #4
drambrosini
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twins_34 View Post
anyone that can help with this, I would be very grateful. I don't want to put in all the work again if it will reset on me again.

I have unchecked the box "Import and maintain real minor leagues" is that going to fix this issue?
unfortunately, there's no easy way for you to do what you want, since the minor league database players are pretty much tied to the minor league structure that the game provides.

the only way to do it, even though not an easy and straightforward one, is to play the game in commissioner mode and become responsible for operating all the league structures changes and also the player importing into the game.

apart from the "Import and maintain real minor leagues" box that you've mentioned, the other important one to keep in mind is the "Automatically expand league" box in the Historical league tab.

if you have the "Automatically expand league" box checked on, then all the minor league structure will reset back to default every off-season, losing all the changes that you've made to them. that is what happened to you in your game.

to prevent that, you need to uncheck the "Automatically expand league" box, to force the league structure to remain in place just the way you've set it.

but, the problem is: if you leave the "Automatically expand league" box unchecked, then what happens is that the minor league players will simply not be automatically imported into your game anymore. you don't get any players imported in the offseason at all.

to get around that, you will need to batch import the players manually yourself, using a .txt file, every off-season.

there are a few tutorials in these forums teaching you how to do exactly that. it is kind a lot of work, I can tell right away, but it's the only way to accomplish what you want, unfortunately.

(I really hope that they would change that to OOTP 22, but I doubt they'd do it)
drambrosini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 06:21 PM   #5
twins_34
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drambrosini View Post
unfortunately, there's no easy way for you to do what you want, since the minor league database players are pretty much tied to the minor league structure that the game provides.

the only way to do it, even though not an easy and straightforward one, is to play the game in commissioner mode and become responsible for operating all the league structures changes and also the player importing into the game.

apart from the "Import and maintain real minor leagues" box that you've mentioned, the other important one to keep in mind is the "Automatically expand league" box in the Historical league tab.

if you have the "Automatically expand league" box checked on, then all the minor league structure will reset back to default every off-season, losing all the changes that you've made to them. that is what happened to you in your game.

to prevent that, you need to uncheck the "Automatically expand league" box, to force the league structure to remain in place just the way you've set it.

but, the problem is: if you leave the "Automatically expand league" box unchecked, then what happens is that the minor league players will simply not be automatically imported into your game anymore. you don't get any players imported in the offseason at all.

to get around that, you will need to batch import the players manually yourself, using a .txt file, every off-season.

there are a few tutorials in these forums teaching you how to do exactly that. it is kind a lot of work, I can tell right away, but it's the only way to accomplish what you want, unfortunately.

(I really hope that they would change that to OOTP 22, but I doubt they'd do it)
So, it's pretty much, play the game as is, can't have any fun with the leagues or the structure of the leagues, because if you by-pass that, you don't get any new players to the minors? So, the draft, the AI does not demote or promote their players to their minor league teams?

I guess I don't understand the part of
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambrosini View Post
"then what happens is that the minor league players will simply not be automatically imported into your game anymore. you don't get any players imported in the offseason at all."
What does this exactly mean? Do they not just take from the FA pool or from the draft? I am not sure why I would want players imported to the teams? I want this to be a fictional league just with the historic names? Does this mean I will not get a draft? This is where you totally lost me.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:53 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Are you playing modern MLB? If so under League Settings - Historical uncheck the evolution box. with it on you could move the Nationals back to Montreal and they will move back to Washington on their own the next season. With it off you can make any changes you want.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:38 PM   #7
twins_34
All Star Starter

Ok this is how I am setup,

*Starting in the year 1980
*Reset all historical stats
*all retired players are gone
*Using todays Minor League system, the one the MLB released for 2021. (Had that all setup until it reverted at the end of 1980)
*Not using historic transactions
*was "HOPING" to allow for automatic expansion teams. (does not seem like that is possible now.)
*I want minor leagues but I don't want HISTORIC minor leagues

Want to have historical players in the drafts and for things to get all mixed up like seeing Griffey Jr on the Braves or having Barry Bonds drafted by the Expos. I want the historic players but I want the league to be completely random and fictional. Like Billy Beane is not pulled up from the minors before he should have been and actually becomes a star like they thought he would.

I want the minor leagues to be filled with draft players and the current players from 1980+ with the system I have setup.

Will the AI not fill their minor leagues with free agents and drafted players unless I have stuff checked?
Is it just best to setup the whole MLB as it is after the last realignment and add the expansion teams now?
Old 03-13-2021, 03:01 PM   #8
twins_34
All Star Starter

I am going to do some tests and see if I can figure this out.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:45 PM   #9
twins_34
All Star Starter

Well, did my setting up my league, made a wonderful backup, and changed the draft from December to July, like it is now, kept the "Import & Maintain real minor leagues box checked until the release of the draft class, unchecked it, went through the season, waited until pre-season, checked the box for "Import & Maintain real minor leagues and the next Historic draft classes loaded on its own.

I knew there had to be an easier way of doing what I wanted without having to go through, get all my draft classes for the next 40 years, and then hand load them every year.

I am in year 1981 and have a "ROUGH" version of the new Minor league system with AAA, AA, High A, Low A, AZL and GCL (Didn't do the international I just want a simple Minor league system and this is perfect)

So, I find that as long as the "Import & Maintain real minor leagues is unchecked before the end of the playoffs, I get the exact system I was looking for. The teams are not reset and they all keep their names, their logos, and affiliates.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by twins_34; 03-18-2021 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:51 PM   #10
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Glad you found a way to make this work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2023, 04:41 PM   #11
elfsutton
All Star Reserve

Ok, so as I understand it, you want to use the real 1980 leauge structure, then change the minors to the 2021 version and keep importing real historical players and not lose new minors structure, correct?

this is not that difficult. First, create a fictional league but replace the fake teams with real 1980 teams. Once you set this up, have the check box to import histoical players checked and allow the league evolution. You should be able to alter any other settings you wish and the league will evolve as it does and you will get your minors as you want them and the draft will work.

Did this with the 21 setup back to 1871 and t worked great for 12 years then got a database error. I suggest making a backup every year but it is fun to do
elfsutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2024, 11:17 AM   #12
markjonesn
Bat Boy

It sounds like you've got a detailed strategy in place for managing your league and draft processes effectively! Making those adjustments must have required careful planning and organization. Keeping everything synced with the "Import & Maintain real minor leagues" option shows your dedication to maintaining authenticity and managing your league smoothly across seasons. It's impressive how you've streamlined the process to ensure everything flows seamlessly. Keep up the great work with your league management!

Do you know where to remove background from image free?

Last edited by markjonesn; 07-19-2024 at 11:20 AM.
markjonesn is offline   Reply With Quote