Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 7 > FHM 7 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 7 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-21-2021, 12:56 PM   #1
renojedi
Major Leagues

Thoughts on the waiver work around?

So, if you didn't see the stream, FMH 8 has a workaround to the problem last year where teams claimed a player on waivers and immediately sent him down to the minors. They don't have the resources to code the NHL rule where the player has to be offered back to the original team before being sent down.

So the work around is to give the player a NMC for the rest of the year.

I don't like this for the simple reason that guys end up on waivers because they are over paid or just not good enough to make the NHL team. So when I grab a player on waivers it is a risky move. Some times it works out and other times it doesn't so I move the player along. Now we can't do that. I don't want to take a chance on a guy, have him not work out, and then be stuck with him for the rest of the year.

Personally I'd like a toggle to turn it off. The old way was broken but the workaround is worse to me. What are your thoughts?
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Well, as you said, it's a risky move...you win and lose. I like it, it's better than what it was before imho.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:41 PM   #3
magik
Minors (Single A)

I see how the rules seem to indeed be complicated to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi View Post
So, if you didn't see the stream, FMH 8 has a workaround to the problem last year where teams claimed a player on waivers and immediately sent him down to the minors. They don't have the resources to code the NHL rule where the player has to be offered back to the original team before being sent down.

So the work around is to give the player a NMC for the rest of the year.
Could that "temporary no-movement clause" possibly be removed if the player passes waivers a second time in that team?

Exact rules seem to be:

Quote:
Once a team claims a player from waivers, it may not trade that player unless it first offers him to any other teams who made waiver claims for him. If the claiming team places the player on waivers in the same season and his original team claims him, the team may send the player to the AHL without placing him on waivers again unless he meets the criteria for waiver expiration below.
It wouldn't be perfect as well, but it would be close and it would give more options to the team that claims the player. Only issue is that the original team would have an extra 24h window to wait to be able to send him to the minors or may lose him again. It could possibly be fixed by checking past waiver claims to check if he came from that team.
magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:10 AM   #4
Castleview
All Star Reserve

I usually just use commissioner mode to remove the NMC and then put the player back on waivers, where he is inevitably claimed by another team, sometimes the team I had just claimed him from.

It does annoy me that the AI only rarely makes any waiver transactions, but if I place anyone on waivers they get claimed every time.
Castleview is offline   Reply With Quote