Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball Go 24! > OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions Everything about the latest mobile version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 06-05-2021, 01:32 PM   #1
DaBears
Major Leagues

Historical Questions

Can’t wait to get the game next week.

I mainly play historical, so have a few questions about how that will work in Go:
1. To start, say with the 1996 Yankees, which I believe is included in the game, do you need to make the selection that’s needed in OOTP of career play when starting the game?
2. To get historical transactions, is it best to just buy the package for all seasons, or to then buy 1997, 1998 when you need it, etc.?
3. Assuming you buy those seasons, will historical transactions sync - in other words, will the game simply pick up the 1996/97 offseason transactions as you move forward because you own 1996 and 1997 seasons?
4. If you instead want to do your own free agent signings and trades, but import rookies to the actual team, is that doable by purchasing the additional seasons?
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

1 - You can choose single-season or career.
2 - Historical lineups and transactions are not included in GO.
3 - Last time I tried, it did not. I created a bug report but it has not been addressed.
4 - I don't know.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:11 PM   #3
daves
Hall Of Famer

Buying the historical seasons will have historical players in upcoming drafts. But I don’t see an option for historical transactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 02:18 PM   #4
snarls200
Major Leagues

With the way people are taking I'm guessing historical transactions are an option of the PC game
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 04:06 PM   #5
DaBears
Major Leagues

Yes, in the PC version you get those and they are very accurate. I’ve always thought they could be coded a little better, but it’s a nice feature.

Best guess, the data storage would be huge to include so not as doable in an app. The desktop game is a huge data folder!
Old 06-05-2021, 04:11 PM   #6
snarls200
Major Leagues

Though in GO if you disable the draft you can have players placed on their OG teams
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #7
DaBears
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarls200 View Post
Though in GO if you disable the draft you can have players placed on their OG teams
So I guess you bust the seasons if you want to import rookies to their teams, and get the schedule. Otherwise, similar to a modern game where you run the team.
Old 06-06-2021, 10:08 AM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarls200 View Post
Forgot about this. All draftees will be free agents instead.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote