Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > OOTP 22 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:28 PM   #1
s8n666
Minors (Single A)

Online Quickstarts not working

Hey, any of you been having issues with quickstarts? All the ones coming from my league tell the GM that the league folder already exists so it refuses to load up the league. The quickstart literally creates the folder than says "nope, can't do it!" I haven't been able to get quickstarts working since migrating to 22. Any thoughts? I can't find anything on the forums. TY
s8n666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:55 AM   #2
nebben
Minors (Double A)

I've also had trouble getting Quickstarts to work. It's been a little while since I've tried, but I think I was getting an error message similar to yours. To join an online league, I think I had to download the file from S+, add it to my saved games folder, then get the accountsdata_gm file from the commish and add it to my settings folder.

But, yeah, Quickstarts didn't work for me the last time I tried, maybe a month or so ago.
nebben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 11:30 PM   #3
s8n666
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebben View Post
I've also had trouble getting Quickstarts to work. It's been a little while since I've tried, but I think I was getting an error message similar to yours. To join an online league, I think I had to download the file from S+, add it to my saved games folder, then get the accountsdata_gm file from the commish and add it to my settings folder.

But, yeah, Quickstarts didn't work for me the last time I tried, maybe a month or so ago.
yeah, that's what I've been doing but for obvious reasons it's not ideal. Where are the admins here?
Old 10-10-2021, 10:56 PM   #4
Nothingtoproveco
Bat Boy

I'm having the same problem with a new league. Anyone find a good answer yet?
Nothingtoproveco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 03:22 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

I have to admit that I do not know offhand what might be going on here. It would be helpful if we could see the trace files on the process.

Can someone who is having this issue get us that?

https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...debug-log-file

Open OOTP, try to use the quickstart, and then before you shut down and restart, grab that file and post it here so we can take a look. Thanks!

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #6
s8n666
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I have to admit that I do not know offhand what might be going on here. It would be helpful if we could see the trace files on the process.

Can someone who is having this issue get us that?

https://support.ootpdevelopments.com...debug-log-file

Open OOTP, try to use the quickstart, and then before you shut down and restart, grab that file and post it here so we can take a look. Thanks!
I have the debug file. How do I get it to you?
Old 10-12-2021, 03:44 AM   #7
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8n666 View Post
I have the debug file. How do I get it to you?
You can attach the file to a post here (please don't copy and paste into a post since the debug is pretty long) or upload to Dropbox or another sharing site and post the link. Either way works.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:14 AM   #8
s8n666
Minors (Single A)

Got a solution!

Matt Arnold, the OOTP dev, was very helpful explaining why some people are seeing issues with Quickstart codes showing an error like: Folder already exists.
Short summary: There's a problem with the league's settings causing the HTTP download of the league file on the server to fail, and the sequence can result in the "Folder already exists" issue.
Longer version:
GM copies the quick-start code to their clipboard
GM clicks on "Quick Join Online League" on the OOTP Start Screen
OOTP sees a code in the clipboard, and immediately tries to create the folder and download the league file from the URL encoded in the quick start
If the league file download fails, OOTP opens a dialog and asks the GM to paste the quick-join code again
GM pastes the code, and OOTP again tries to create the folder, but it already exists, so you get a "Folder Exists" error, and not the "League File not found" error
The solution is to make sure all the league file upload/download settings are correct, and you won't get into this trap sequence.
Old 12-18-2021, 11:33 PM   #9
Pirates_
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s8n666 View Post
Got a solution!

Matt Arnold, the OOTP dev, was very helpful explaining why some people are seeing issues with Quickstart codes showing an error like: Folder already exists.
Short summary: There's a problem with the league's settings causing the HTTP download of the league file on the server to fail, and the sequence can result in the "Folder already exists" issue.
Longer version:
GM copies the quick-start code to their clipboard
GM clicks on "Quick Join Online League" on the OOTP Start Screen
OOTP sees a code in the clipboard, and immediately tries to create the folder and download the league file from the URL encoded in the quick start
If the league file download fails, OOTP opens a dialog and asks the GM to paste the quick-join code again
GM pastes the code, and OOTP again tries to create the folder, but it already exists, so you get a "Folder Exists" error, and not the "League File not found" error
The solution is to make sure all the league file upload/download settings are correct, and you won't get into this trap sequence.
How do I make sure these settings are correct? I am still getting this error.
Pirates_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 05:38 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates_ View Post
How do I make sure these settings are correct? I am still getting this error.
You'd need to go through the settings with the commissioner of the league you're trying to join. They're the only ones who can tell you the 'right' settings. Unfortunately, that's something we'd have no way of knowing.