Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 22 > Perfect Team 22
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 22 Perfect Team 22 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
chazzycat
All Star Starter

BFF-22 Recruitment Thread

Hello fellow baseball nerds! Do you enjoy playing Perfect Team, with the extra challenge of not spending real money?

Would you like to join an active community of other like-minded players?

If so, then come join us in BFF next year! We are welcoming all free-to-play players in PT22. The only rules will be as follows:

1) Completely free to play, no money spent (other than purchasing the base game of course)

2) You must designate the username you will be using for BFF, prior to opening your starter packs. This is just to ensure we all start on the same footing - no one can purchase a bunch of licenses, open all the starter packs, and then pick the best one for BFF.

3) No breaking the game's terms of service! This should go without saying, but just to be clear BFF does not tolerate any tanking, transferring points between teams, or anything of that nature.

In previous years, we had stricter rules about selling cards - but not anymore. The group has decided to open things up to all F2P players with no restrictions on selling cards this year. So you don't have to worry about tracking which cards you pull vs buy or anything like that. Just don't spend money, and you're good.

That's all the rules. Now for some FAQs.

1. So...how does it work?

It's pretty simple. You play however you want, without spending money. You join our private discord where we primarily operate. On discord, we will maintain team lists for each level. We will use the "friends list" feature in the game to link our teams together, ensuring we play together in the same league.

Fair Warning: BFF leagues have in the past been much tougher than average leagues. If you are thinking this would be a shortcut to success by playing with F2P owners - you might be disappointed.

That's about it. How much you want to participate in the discord is up to you, beyond some minimum involvement explained further below. But to be honest, the discord access is really the chief benefit of joining BFF. In there, you'll have access to some of the best F2P managers out there, including PL winners, data modellers, and top tournament players, all openly discussing the strategies we use.

It can truly be an invaluable resource for anyone looking to gain an edge as a free player. This will be BFFs 3rd year, so come gain the knowledge of our "brain trust" building on the experience of the previous years.

2. How will the F2P rule be enforced?

BFF operates mainly on the honor system, which has served us well in the past. The reason this works is that we openly share our progress with the group. For example if someone pulls an amazing card or wins a big tournament, they would be expected to report that to the group with a screenshot. Most active players would do it anyway, just for bragging rights! ...but this also helps us know where all the PP came from. This way, we are all roughly tracking each others progress, and if someone leaps ahead without any explanation for how, it would set off red flags.

That being said, the honor system is not our only means of enforcement. If at any point, any member becomes suspicious of another, they may request a transaction log audit to prove no money was spent. If requested, the accused manager must comply in timely fashion, or face an immediate ban from BFF. This would come in the form of recording yourself flipping through all the pages in the transaction log and providing a link to the video. Hopefully this will not be necessary, but you never know with strangers on the internet, so we keep it in our back pocket as a last resort.

That's really about it. If anyone has any questions, feel free to leave them below.

To anyone interested in joining, you can leave a comment with your discord username and I will shoot you an invite to join our server. If you're already on the main discord, feel free to reach out to QuantaCondor or JDA as well...the three of us are the admins.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 02:32 PM   #2
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Do you allow multiple teams from the same person. I plan to run the three teams that come with the game license.

Let's Go Crew
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #3
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Great post. I can't emphasize enough how awesome BFF is. The PL trophy on my shelf wouldn't be there without this great community to interact with and the broad expertise that is shared by the top players in the group. And it really is broad, high level expertise: the vast majority of PT21's F2P Perfect title winners, the universe-leader in tourney wins (none other than chazzy himself), some of the best modelers and market watchers in the community, and everything in between. And you don't need to have any amount of skill or prior knowledge or anything to join, we're receptive to beginners and eager to share what we know. Hope to see you in the discord!

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 02:36 PM   #4
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomcoach View Post
Do you allow multiple teams from the same person. I plan to run the three teams that come with the game license.
You can have other teams as non-BFF alts, yes. Many of us do have alts that are used for testing or doing casual stuff. But you get just one BFF team.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 10:27 PM   #5
Xerexs
Bat Boy

Im interested.

Xirav#9221
Xerexs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:28 PM   #6
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I'm interested...jeff1787
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 12:36 PM   #7
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I'm interested...jeff1787
Awesome. Invite sent!
Old 03-17-2021, 12:55 PM   #8
sam10gle
Minors (Single A)

Oh sure, what the heck.

sam10gle#9325

F2P PT25 Reds Theme Team:

F2P PT25 Standard Packs Only:

F2P PT24:

sam10gle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 01:20 PM   #9
Charlatan
All Star Starter

I would like to give you guys a chance to run roughshod over me, so please send me an invite!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:21 PM   #10
neugey
All Star Reserve

I am going to be F2P this next season but likely will run a theme team that I'm not really expecting to be competitive. Would the BFF still be the place for me?

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 04:45 PM   #11
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neugey View Post
I am going to be F2P this next season but likely will run a theme team that I'm not really expecting to be competitive. Would the BFF still be the place for me?
From my experience it's hard to be competitive with a theme team. It does seem likely that you'll end up in a lower level than most active BFF players. You're still free to join of course, but yeah there might be a better option.
Old 03-17-2021, 05:19 PM   #12
oregon
Minors (Double A)

I'm in -- mrogner
oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 05:54 PM   #13
chazzycat
All Star Starter

It's awesome to see such interest!

Side note, I have realized that the discord username is not particularly useful...I can only invite people that way if we share a server already.

So I am sending the invites via forum private message now. These links do expire after 24 hours so please hit me up if anyone needs a fresh one.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:42 AM   #14
Boomcoach
All Star Reserve

Sign me up. I plan to play with some theme teams with my other two alts.

Neugey - keep an eye on the Forum. I may see about starting up something like BFF for F2P theme teams.

I suppose I should give my username for the team - it is Boomcoach.

Let's Go Crew

Last edited by Boomcoach; 03-18-2021 at 08:17 AM.
Boomcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:40 AM   #15
Quinta
Minors (Triple A)

I would like to join. Thanks.

Dischord: Quinta

Last edited by Quinta; 03-18-2021 at 08:54 AM.
Quinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 02:07 PM   #16
Magus978
All Star Starter

As a former BFF member, I will attest to the posts made hyping the group. They are an extremely knowledgeable lot. I benefited a lot from their knowledge, but personal clashes of my own doing caused me to exit the group. That bridge is burnt for good, so needless to say I'm not re-joining.

Even though I'm going on my own for PT 22, I recommend anyone who wants to learn a lot about the inner workings of the game join this group. Lot of good people there, and I wish'em all the best. Except when in a league with me of course

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 03-19-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:07 PM   #17
HipandKneeDoc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I would be interested for one of my PT 22 teams...

HipandKneeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 05:06 PM   #18
MrCrabbypants
Bat Boy

totally interested!

bloatedcrab#3712

MrCrabbypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:37 PM   #19
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Is "OL" a separate league, or the same group? And if it's separate, where can you find out about that one?
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:52 PM   #20
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

I'll give it a go.

Discord = splitter24

PT UN = Coast

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote