Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 12-15-2018, 01:32 AM   #1
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Fond du Lac Panthers

I'm going to start this out being a very casual report thread...we'll see what it turns into over time.

The team is based off a Class D minor league team that played in my hometown in the 1940's and 1950's and was affiliated with the New York Yankees.

The uniforms are based off the only picture I can find from the team and the stadium is the 1942 Blues stadium from silvam.

The team won the division in the Bronze level, finishing 98-64 and made it into the second level of the playoffs before getting eliminated. This season so far they are 95-40.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:37 AM   #2
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

The last game of August was lost on a walk-off home run by Carlos Santana of the Nashville Brown Bears off of Alex Colome. This was his second inning of work and was inexplicably pitching in a high leverage situation in multiple innings while being the lowest priority pitcher in the bullpen. Doolittle, Soria, Morrow, and Raschi would all have been much better. Can't stand the way the bullpen is used...
Old 12-15-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

After Patrick Corbin had his possibly worst game ever yesterday, newly acquired Stephen Strasburg picked up his fellow ace with a 9 inning gem. Jose B Reyes tied the NC regular season game record for doubles with 3.
No achievement points received.
Attached Images

Last edited by stealofhome; 12-15-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Going up against the Wheaton Parrots with the chance to clinch the division and a magic number of one but another loss.

Jose B Reyes hit streak stopped at 22

Achievement: Hit Streak, 175 points
Old 12-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #5
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Another day, another loss while trying to clinch the division. This time in the 11th.

Achievement: Hit Machine, George Kell, 4 hits, 20 points.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #6
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Clinched the division thanks to a complete game 2-hit performance by Len Barker. In honor of this, the jerseys and caps have been updated.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 12-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #7
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

3-7 over the last 10 games and have been giving up a lot of runs lately.

Swan: 11 Runs in 18 IP, 5.5 ERA
Corbin: 10 Runs in 11 IP, 8.2 ERA
Strasburg: 10 Runs in 4.1 IP, 20.8 ERA
Sanchez: 7 Runs in 11 IP, 5.7 ERA
Barker: 16 Runs in 36 IP, 4.0 ERA

Extremely uncharacteristic over the past three weeks for the #1 ERA team in the league (3.26 for starters).
Old 12-15-2018, 02:09 PM   #8
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

A comeback win, 9-8 against the Portland Phish. Down 8-2 in the 6th, the Panthers came back for 2 in the 6th, 4 in the 7th, and 1 in the 8th to return to their winning ways.

Achievements: Comeback, 50 points
Hit Machine: Jose Reyes, 4 hits, 20 points
Old 12-17-2018, 02:09 AM   #9
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

After some rough going due to OOTP ruining the pitching rotation all throughout the playoffs, the Panthers won the Silver Level Series on a walk-off home run by catcher Russell Martin in Game 7!
Attached Images
Old 12-19-2018, 01:25 AM   #10
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

After a 109-53 season last year, the Panthers are running into much more difficult competition in the Gold league. They currently sit at 30-23 and are second in the division behind the Bushwood Squatting Pigeons...definitely not a team you want to be underneath.

I plan on keeping a history of the team but here is the current roster. I would say it is doing well for a team with 7 golds (3 of which are RP) while competing against teams with many diamonds and perfects.

SP1: Patrick Corbin, 2018
SP2: Stephen Strasburg, 2017
SP3: Larry Dierker, 1969
SP4: Len Barker, 1981
SP5: Sixto Sanchez, Future Legend

RP: Sean Doolittle, 2018
RP: Will Smith, 2018
RP: Mariano Rivera, 2008
RP: Aaron Bummer, 2018
RP: Joakim Soria, 2018
RP: Scott Oberg, 2018
RP: Vic Raschi, 1951

C: Russell Martin, 2014
1B: Jose B Reyes, 2011
2B: Bobby Crosby, 2005
3B: George Kell, 1950
SS: Andrelton Simmons, 2018
LF: Michael Brantley, 2018
CF: Devon White, 1993
RF: Carlos Beltran, 2004
DH: Paul Waner, 1927

C: Jody Davis, 1984
3B: Chris Sabo, 1988
SS: Luke Appling, 1943
OF: Kevin Pillar, 2018

I have a plan to upgrade certain positions on the team and will only be looking at the auction house to upgrade. I have only opened three card packs in the first week other than the starting packs and none since. I have also not spent any real money on the team - only targeted specific players in the auction house. Once those upgrades are complete, I will begin opening packs as the points rack up.

Last edited by stealofhome; 12-19-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Old 12-23-2018, 08:37 PM   #11
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

The Panthers finished the season with a winning record at 83-79 but missed the playoffs by two games.

Additions to the team: Keith Hernandez replacing Jose B Reyes at 1B and Craig Stammen replacing Vic Raschi as the long man in the bullpen.

New jerseys/caps and logo designed by the man txranger himself!

Top position player: Andrelton Simmons, 3.6 WAR, mainly built on the strength of his defense.

Top pitcher: Len Barker, 3.5 WAR, 6.7 rWAR
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 12-24-2018, 01:18 PM   #12
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Panthers have been promoted to the Diamond .308 league for 2022, placed in a division with the Scranton OBL Stanley Nickels, Richmond Rebels, St. Louis Monarchs, and Cleveland Steamers. Both the Stanley Nickels and Rebels have lifetime winning percentages of over .650 and are favorites for the division.

As the team just barely finished over .500 last year and with only a few remaining improvements, I am not expecting to perform well enough to advance into the Perfect League level next year.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:07 AM   #13
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Panthers actually holding their own so far in the Diamond league. Currently sitting at 31-19. Top achievement was a Maddux by Larry Dierker on April 22nd against the Madison Mallards - 9 IP, 6 HA, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 98 pitches.
Attached Images
Old 12-28-2018, 01:43 AM   #14
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Panthers continue their surprising season, though they are coming back to more expected performance a bit. 58-48 on August 1st with three All-Stars - Len Barker, Mariano Rivera, Craig Stammen. The Stanley Nickels changed their name midseason to the BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS - quite a classy organization to say the least. They are leading the division by 21 games with the Panthers and Rebels tied for 2nd. The Gobi Dzuds are leading the wildcard by 3 games and the Panthers and Rebels are tied for the second spot.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #15
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Was able to nab a 2001 Mike Cameron for a good deal yesterday and have placed him as the new starting left fielder in place of Michael Brantley. Down the road, he will most likely be used as a fourth outfielder, but this will be a chance for him to gain good experience in left field and will help tighten up the defense. His offense is not as good as Brantley's, but Brantley wasn't performing well this year anyway.

I also replaced Jody Davis with Jim Sundberg a while back, leaving Kevin Pillar as the lone bronze on the team. His defense and baserunning are still valuable enough to keep him until the outfield upgrades are complete.
Attached Images
Old 12-30-2018, 09:50 AM   #16
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Bring on the Perfect Leagues!

According to the PT Universe screen, 12 teams get promoted from Diamond to Perfect Level this year. Our Fond du Lac Panthers had to deal with the 120-win 6 Bs team in the division but with a walk-off win against the Maquoketa Valley Wildcats, sealed the number 12 spot in the league. The Yellowknife Yaks finished 82-80 in the American Conference, one game behind the Panthers in overall record.

Out of the other 11 teams in the league that advanced, this was the average number of cards per level compared to the Panthers.

Perfect: 4.6, Panthers - 0
Diamond: 11.9, Panthers - 0
Gold: 7.5, Panthers - 9
Silver: 0.6, Panthers - 15
Bronze: 0.3, Panthers - 1
Iron: 0, Panthers - 0

We didn't make the playoffs and will definitely have big problems next year, finishing 30th in the league in runs scored. The strength of the team was on pitching and defense and that showed by finishing 3rd in ERA and 1st in Defensive Efficiency. The plan is to upgrade that offense with minimal impact to the defense, but that is getting to be too expensive for the moment.

I am excited to have made it into the first year of the Perfect Leagues without having spent any money or getting any insane pack luck - my best pack pull was OVR 78 Len Barker. However, I do know that my team isn't good enough yet to compete with the big boys. I also didn't make much on achievements this year - Grand Salami, 400; Maddux, 400; and then a bunch of 100 and smaller. My hope is to be relegated back into Diamond level after getting destroyed in the Perfect Leagues where my team will be much more competitive and I can use those points to improve the team.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-31-2018, 09:25 AM   #17
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Two players won Great Glove awards - Bobby Crosby at 2B and Andrelton Simmons at SS, his third straight season of winning that award.

Top Position Player: Devon White, CF - 4.8 WAR
Top Pitcher: Len Barker, SP - 4.3 WAR, 6.6 rWAR

Only one batter - George Kell - had positive offensive impact with a .332 wOBA and 4.3 BatR in 627 PA. I will look to improve the offense when possible but may need to struggle for quite some time.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #18
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Ready to start the Perfect .336 season!

I was able to make what I hope to be an upgrade at DH - Found Bob L Johnson and put him in, replacing Paul "You Had One Job!" Waner. His 79 wRC+ at DH was simply not cutting it. Johnson has better HR power and a better Eye, but sacrifices Gap Power and Avoid K's.

Quite a few of my hitters (Keith Hernandez, Russell Martin, Paul Waner) underperformed in the hitting category last year. I wouldn't expect any of them to be Silver Sluggers but I also didn't expect negative offensive production either (Hernandez - 85 wRC+, Martin - 98 wRC+, Waner - 79 wRC+).

We are in the AC Central Division along with the San Francisco Dodgers, .565 PCT; Los Angeles Bruins, .631 PCT; Fargin Iceholes, .577 PCT; and Grand Rapids Sullivans, .707 PCT.

The league was re-organized prior to games starting, but we were previously in a division with the incredible San Jose Abbots. They have two gold cards (Jose Altuve, Eugenio Suarez), two silver cards (Ellis Burks, Miguel Andujar), 13 bronze cards, and 6 irons! Quite an achievement that they made it all the way to the perfect leagues indeed. Edit: On closer examination, none of the players on the Abbots have any stats from the previous seasons, which is strange. It is possible that their roster looked much different in other years.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stealofhome; 12-31-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:01 AM   #19
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

We're right around the halfway point of the first year of the Perfect Leagues and the Panthers are...stuck in the middle at 35-47. They are performing far better than expected where relegation is less of a probability, depending on the final half of the season.

Three teams - the San Jose Abbots (with their odd switching in and out of players), the Bushwood Squatting Pigeons, and the Tucson Sun Devils have all defended the basement for most of the year. The Panthers seem to be in the next tier up with another 8 or so teams - firmly below .500 but not quite cellar-dwellers.

I've been changing the personnel on the team quite a bit so here is an update on the 25-man roster, along with the way each player was acquired.I sold off all of my old cards in order to fund these changes, as the perfect points have not been coming fast enough. There are still a few positions (2B, RF, UTIL, SP, RP) where I would like to make changes but don't have the points to do it yet.

I have swapped quite a few players in and out, but have put together a team that is so far capable of sticking around in the Perfect Leagues for 39,141 Perfect Points.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by stealofhome; 01-03-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #20
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

The Fond du Lac Panthers had three players named to the All-Star Game: Len Barker, Mariano Rivera, and Russell Martin.

Len Barker - A Silver 78 Card - was the only SP in the American Conference not a perfect or diamond. Whitey Ford (89) was elected in the National Conference as the only other starting pitcher ranked below 90. Mariano Rivera (80) was the only non-diamond or perfect reliever for the AC.

The AC won in an slug-fest, 9-7. Len Barker pitched an inning with a walk and no strikeouts. Mariano Rivera did not have a good showing - he gave up a single to Johnny Bench, walked Mike Trout and Christian Yelich, allowed George Sisler to hit a sac fly, and walked Mike Trout again. Blake Treinen then came in and promptly gave up a grand slam to Nolan Arenado. Martin did not make it into the game.

Panthers are 44-55 and 18 games out of the division lead.