Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #1
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

Another tech question

I notice that some people are able to put a logo up and once you click it it takes them to a specific game screen. Guys do it all the time to show the reports when recruiting for an online league. How is that done? I created a game, went to the team page, picked one of the many and went with the option to open in a new tab. I thought I could just copy/paste the link and I would be good. Doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any guidance.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj View Post
I notice that some people are able to put a logo up and once you click it it takes them to a specific game screen. Guys do it all the time to show the reports when recruiting for an online league. How is that done? I created a game, went to the team page, picked one of the many and went with the option to open in a new tab. I thought I could just copy/paste the link and I would be good. Doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any guidance.
If I'm understanding what you're asking, you're looking to do an image link from inside the forum? If so, it's pretty simple:

Code:
(url=http://www.path.to.the.page)(img)http://path.to.the.image(/img)(/url)
Note that I had to replace the square brackets [ ] with parenthesis ( ) to get it to show up in that code block.

So, for example, this link:

Is done like this (same note about the parenthesis as above):

Code:
(url=http://www.otbaonline.com/OTBA/otbareports/news/html/teams/team_21.html)(img)http://www.otbaonline.com/OTBA/otbareports/news/html/images/team_logos/cheddar_bay_biscuits.png(/img)(/url)
Old 06-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #3
Hrycaj
All Star Starter

I want to do an image link to inside my solo game. Just like you have it. I clicked your image and it took me to a game page. Though, the more I think about it I may need to have my game on some type of game hosting service to do it. I am going to give your method a shot though. Thanks!

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/showthread.php?t=326812

Last edited by Hrycaj; 06-08-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrycaj View Post
I want to do an image link to inside my solo game. Just like you have it. I clicked your image and it took me to a game page. Though, the more I think about it I may need to have my game on some type of game hosting service to do it. I am going to give your method a shot though. Thanks!
Ah, yeah, you can't link to things that are just stored on your computer. Same goes for the images.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Ah, yeah, you can't link to things that are just stored on your computer. Same goes for the images.
Is there a way to host an individual league online like you have with the multiplayer?
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:19 PM   #6
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure off-hand what HTML you can generate in a solo league, but you can always enable online league mode and then generate the HTML reports. The league should still function the same way, aside from having to choose a manager when you open it up..
Old 06-12-2018, 12:34 AM   #7
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Is there any way to edit text so that it shows as strike through on the forums? I'd like to edit posts but show the old stuff as struck out.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
guamyank
Minors (Triple A)

You should be able to use the code "[s]>{param}[/s]"

Let's test it: [S]
HTML Code:
<s>stuff that aint valid anymore</s>

Ok, disregard...guess I don't know what I'm doing.

I think it has to be added by the administrators maybe. Ya, HTML code is off, so you have to use BB Code..and if you click on BB Code in the posting rules, on the bottom left of screen, it shows you all the allowed bb codes.

Last edited by guamyank; 06-12-2018 at 02:36 PM.
guamyank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #9
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamyank View Post
You should be able to use the code "[s]>{param}[/s]"

Let's test it: [S]
HTML Code:
<s>stuff that aint valid anymore</s>

Ok, disregard...guess I don't know what I'm doing.

I think it has to be added by the administrators maybe. Ya, HTML code is off, so you have to use BB Code..and if you click on BB Code in the posting rules, on the bottom left of screen, it shows you all the allowed bb codes.
Thanks, I was messing around with some of those codes and had the same issue. Wonder how easy it is for an admin to allow it?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #10
guamyank
Minors (Triple A)

Probably very easy...you'd just have to convince them there's a need for it.
guamyank is offline   Reply With Quote