Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-04-2016, 05:44 AM   #1
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

60 Team Schedule

I noticed on another thread that someone did a 60 team schedule on a request and I thought it would be fun to do one for my own collection and to share here for the schedule list.

I wanted to mainly play division games and with only 5 teams in a division it meant that I could not keep homegame series and roadtrips to a MLB standard. While I tried to keep the series to 7-13 games there are some shorter and longer series. This was happened because with 4 teams playing in any given series that lead to only 3 options: (1-2 3-4/1-3 2-4/1-4 2-3)

The schedule is setup for 108 divisional games, 30 non-division and 24 interleague for a 162 season fitting nicely in a standard 182 day/26 week schedule. 26 weeks(52 series) the schedule broke down to 40 series played division with 1 game per division outside division, 2 series non-division games only and 4 weeks of interleague series. This came out to 50 of the 52 series with games leaving 1 full week for the all-star break.

Well anyway here is the schedule with the comments in the file.
I have also attached the excel file I used to build this schedule in case someone wanted to see how it was done.

Please let me know what you think of this format and the schedule in general. This is the first schedule I have created from scratch in over 7 years and it was very challenging - not a cookie cutter schedule at all - all custom.

Last edited by SandMan; 07-15-2016 at 10:51 PM.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
benis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Nice dude, I'll be sure to try this in my league
benis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:50 PM   #3
Ruwisc
All Star Reserve

Nice. It's so interesting to see how people do these, and thanks for trying to avoid the 'cookie-cutter' type of schedule. This probably doesn't affect anyone else, but it breaks the immersion for me when, for example, a whole 8-team division is always playing within the division or out of the division together. Creating a schedule should be just as much art as science.

When I was doing the other 60-team schedule this is what the meat of my spreadsheet looked like. I do one series per cell rather than one game per cell so I can see the whole thing at once, then transfer it later.

You can see the matchups for each series in the first table - green are division games, yellow are interleague. The gray table is where I actually put the XML for each game a bit at a time. It has the last set of games in there right now, which are the Thursday games for each 4-game set. I set it up that way so that I can do as little typing as possible.

The blue and orange one is home versus away. Blue is home, orange is away - I decide these after I do the matchups so sometimes a team will get forced into a super long trip.

Last one, which you can only see a bit of, is length of series. This is what I actually do last. In the case of this schedule, the only 4-game series were against division opponents, so any cell in there that's blank is automatically a 3-game set.

I set this one up so that I could just double a 30-team schedule to produce the 60-team version. I'd never done that with interleague before - every new schedule is a new feat of engineering it seems.
Attached Images
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #4
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruwisc View Post
Nice. It's so interesting to see how people do these, and thanks for trying to avoid the 'cookie-cutter' type of schedule. This probably doesn't affect anyone else, but it breaks the immersion for me when, for example, a whole 8-team division is always playing within the division or out of the division together. Creating a schedule should be just as much art as science.

When I was doing the other 60-team schedule this is what the meat of my spreadsheet looked like. I do one series per cell rather than one game per cell so I can see the whole thing at once, then transfer it later.

You can see the matchups for each series in the first table - green are division games, yellow are interleague. The gray table is where I actually put the XML for each game a bit at a time. It has the last set of games in there right now, which are the Thursday games for each 4-game set. I set it up that way so that I can do as little typing as possible.

The blue and orange one is home versus away. Blue is home, orange is away - I decide these after I do the matchups so sometimes a team will get forced into a super long trip.

Last one, which you can only see a bit of, is length of series. This is what I actually do last. In the case of this schedule, the only 4-game series were against division opponents, so any cell in there that's blank is automatically a 3-game set.

I set this one up so that I could just double a 30-team schedule to produce the 60-team version. I'd never done that with interleague before - every new schedule is a new feat of engineering it seems.
Like the way you did this. Pretty much what I did was to take my IL and ND tables and put them into a WordPad document and simply did a find and replace on all the team slot AA-LE, assigning the proper number to the groups, AA-AE would be 1-5 (or any other 5 team grouping) did this for all 60 teams. This gave each team a unique group of teams it plays outside of their division. I then placed all these games on the schedule first. I had issues with interleague so as you can see I simply made 4 weeks and had a "home division" for those 6 games, rotating the interleague division matchups. ex. div 1,2,3 would play div 1,2,3 in the other league I would simply rotate 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 in first series and the switch 1v2 2v3 3v1 etc.

The last thing I did was to determine which table each division used for the slotting of 3 or 4 game series. I created 12 text documents and then did the find and replace in each document to get the matchups. I purposely did 12/15 13/14 matchups to shift around the matchups a bit when placing them on the schedule. This made the 12 team home matchups with 0 4 games schedules, the 13 with 1 4game schedule, the 14 with 2 and the 15 with 3. I assigned each team with a schedule type with 3 types in the 6 divisions and shuffled them around. No 2 divisions were similar to the games layout. I used the work area to copy the schedule in the schedule creator sheet removing all color, and text other than the grid of games. I copied the column with the day and dow added the home team column, deleted all the rows with no away game and this gave me the home team schedule. I did the 60 teams in about 2 hours. After that all I had to do was to write the concatenate formula to create the lsdl text. I did not leave anything in the work area that would show you what I actually did because after I did a teams home games I deleted the column so that the next team would be in column to cut and paste. Overall I did the schedule 18 times and I was not happy. Once I determined the best course of action it took me 3 days to place the matchups in the grid and 2-3 hours to create the actual schedule. This was the first schedule I have done in7 years and the next ones will not take anywhere near this long.

Sorry about this being long. I like sharing ideas with people that are doing the same thing I am trying to do.

BTW, enjoyed your schedules from other requests. I placed them in my collection of 1500+ schedules. About 400 were the schedules I converted from OOTP 6.5 and with GMO schedules created the Schedule Pack. I have added all the schedules on the schedule list as well as a ton of that I simply renamed from minor league schedules. I was thinking about releasing this pack again - nothing fancy just a collection of what I found and what I created since 2008 for personal use.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote