Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.7 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 01-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
Streak
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Exclamation Request for 10 team interleague schedule

Hi, I'm the co-commish of the Victorious Baseball Assocation. I started to set up the schedule and I noticed no matter what I did the teams would not all play on the same days (The days rotation from 2, 3, 4 & 5 games played)

- A 156 game season

- Each team plays the other 4 teams in their league 24 times (12 home, 12 away).

- Each team plays the 5 teams outside of their league their league 12 times (6 home, 6 away)

- 3 Game Series

- 6 games played a week (2 series a week), 1 off day sometime during it.

- Every team plays the same day (All days have 5 games playing or none)

The VBA & I thank you in advance!

Last edited by Streak; 01-07-2015 at 06:50 PM.
Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #2
thehip41
Major Leagues

Thanked 183x in 125 posts
I don't have time for this schedule, but I noticed a problem.

You have a set up of 5/5

So the first series of the season, 1v2 3v4 5v? 6v7 8v9 10v ?

So the issue is this, you have 32 DIVISION series, you only have 20 INTERLEAGUE series.

So you can create a rotation for the first 20 series. 1v2 3v4 6v7 8v9 then 5v10
Just rotate the open teams from each league to play each other. That is pretty easy to set up.

That leaves 12 series with only division teams left to play. That leaves 2 teams not playing each series with this set up.

You would need to do a completely balanced schedule, every team plays the other 9 teams x amount of times, or come up with some other alternative set up.
thehip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:17 PM   #3
Ruwisc
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 229x in 140 posts
Nearly done with this. Didn't have any of the problems that thehip mentioned - it just takes some thinking outside the box.

I have all the matchups worked out - just need to translate it into the file format.
Ruwisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
Ruwisc
Minors (Triple A)

Here's your schedule.

Each team plays league opponents 24 times (12/12 - 48/48 in total)
and interleague opponents 12 times (6/6 - 30/30 in total)
for a total of 78/78 = 156 games.

I hope I was correct in assuming that the two divisions are set up as separate subleagues, not as separate divisions in the same subleague. If that's wrong, then go into the first part of the schedule and replace

type="ILY_BGN_G156_SL1_D1_T5_SL2_D1_T5_C_"

with

type="ILY_BGN_G156_SL1_D1_T5_D2_T5_C_"

That should enable OOTP to find it under the correct format.

As you requested, no days exist in which only part of the league is playing - it's either everyone or no one.

I tried to keep roadtrips manageable - there are a couple of instances of 15-game roadtrips, but that's something I'm willing to sacrifice in the name of a good schedule. There is a single 18-game homestand for one team in this schedule, but obviously that's more realistic than an 18-game road trip. All games except for Sundays start at 7:05 PM, and Sunday games start at 1:05 PM.
Attached Files
File Type: lsdl ILY_BGN_G156_SL1D1T5SL2D1T5.lsdl (37.3 KB, 84 views)
Thank you for this post:
The Game (11-27-2017)
Old 01-11-2015, 12:16 AM   #5
Streak
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 4x in 4 posts
Great, works perfectly. Our entire league would like to thank you!
Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
thehip41
Major Leagues

rus

can you explain how set up the matchups for this schedule? I'm curious how it can be done.

I always have trouble with leagues that have two division of 5,7,9 etc
Old 01-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
Ruwisc
Minors (Triple A)

When you have a schedule like this, managing interleague series is always the toughest part since you have to have at least one at all times but there's so few of them. In this case, there are 100 interleague series in total and 52 half-weeks to put them in. So the very first thing I did was decide, for each half-week, how many interleague series I'd put in each one (that ended up with 24 half-weeks having 3 series and 28 half-weeks having 1 series, for a total of 24*3+28=100). Which one is which doesn't really matter, so I just spread them around. Once that was decided, I placed the interleague series first according to those numbers, and then put together the divisional matchups according to which teams were left over. When it's a schedule of only ten teams, it's not too irritating to just figure every single series individually - that part of this schedule only took me an hour or so.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #8
thehip41
Major Leagues

In this schedule, did you have any teams having a whole series off or were you able to fill the whole schedule and have no instances of a team(s) not playing for 3-4 days in a row.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:52 AM   #9
Ruwisc
Minors (Triple A)

In this schedule, I was lucky enough to have every team's schedule mesh together on the first try (probably because there were so few teams, with so many series against one another). Normally, it's not so easy, and a handful of series have to be moved around until everything fits together correctly. I don't think I'd ever consider a schedule finished if any teams were left taking an entire series off, even though that's often the most frustrating part of making a schedule.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #10
thehip41
Major Leagues