Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Historical Minor Leagues

Quite some time ago I made a set of uniforms for the minor leagues of days gone by but more recently feel the set could use some updating. The "old" set can be found on OOTPMods.com here. It contains teams from the American Association, International League and Pacific Coast League, among others. I've tried to strive for some sort of accuracy in providing a number of uniforms for each decade of teams that participated in these leagues from 1900 up to 1970. The new set will contain some road jerseys to use in OOTP14. Some years may not contain both home and away so feel free to use any of these as you like. I am certainly happy to make any corrections you find necessary. Color information hasn't been easy to obtain, so some of the choices are simply best guesses. I wasn't alive during that time nor have primary source material.

I will be updating my progress as I go along, which may be at a snail's pace at times. These will be available at my photobucket site for those who run more like a hare and can't wait for the turtle. First up is the American Association...
No Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
No Pepper
All Star Starter

The American Association Louisville Colonels

Last edited by No Pepper; 07-26-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Glorious! Keep 'em coming! Now, if you'd just do 1970-present Minor Leagues, so I can stop having to make my own stuff with decidedly mixed-at-best results.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
No Pepper
All Star Starter

I take little credit in making these. It is a product of a number of people who put together elements of the template I'm using. If I do anything, it is Google (difficult to call it real research) and cleaning up resources in a crude way. Stay at it and your results will improve. I'm redoing my work!
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
mghurst
All Star Starter

can we go ahead and stickie this thread please this going to be epic thanks no pepper for doing this
mghurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Awesome as usual...

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #7
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

God bless you No Pepper! Your stuff is fantastic. Love the historical minor league collection you made.
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #8
hfield007
All Star Starter

can't wait to be able to use these in my game. I use quite a few teams from the set and would love to see them all updated.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Here's the Indianapolis Indians. I wasn't quite sure about the colors on this team. I have the impression they went from red to blue at some point and back to red. I included an alt for 1993 home for anyone liking one or the other.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #10
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Here are the Columbus Senators/Redbirds and the Omaha Cardinals...

Old 08-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
tnfoto
Global Moderator

Stickied, as requested.
Download Facepack & more at tnfoto's Baseball Photos Homepage
Photo threads: 2022 Debuts Majors Managers Coaches Umpires Minors Negro League Image Requests General Image Discussion
tnfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #12
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Toledo Mud Hens, with help from tnfoto. For some reason the final two jerseys I cannot see the thumbnails in photobucket.

***PLEASE READ*** I am only providing these as I go along. Filenames are subject to change as I haven't worked out appropriate cap/jersey, home/away combos for the correct years. I will make such changes in the final version, which will be available as an archived set.

Does anyone have a different font than MLB Tuscan?

Last edited by No Pepper; 08-14-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Kansas City Blues...

Old 09-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #14
No Pepper
All Star Starter

For you old Minneapolis Millers fans...

Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #15
No Pepper
All Star Starter

Not sure why this is still stickied when I haven't updated it in over two months! Anyhoo, I have a couple of uniforms to finish for the Nashville Sounds before the complete set of the American Association is finalized. The set will include uniforms for every team that has been a member in the league's full existence, 1902 to 1997. For now, I'm just missing the New Orleans Pelicans of 1977. I'm still debating how I should name the files, as not all teams will have home or away uniforms for every year. I expect to make the file available very soon. I'll probably upload the uniform files to my photobucket account within the week so if you wish to view the set or download select files without downloading the whole set, you can. It can be a pain to show them here in the forum, so I apologize to any of you following along. Next up will be the International League.

Last edited by No Pepper; 12-04-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #16
No Pepper
All Star Starter

My photobucket account has been updated with all the jerseys for the American Association.

I do have a question:

Lets say I only have a Denver Bears' uniform whose filename is jerseys_denver_bears_1970. If the Denver Bears are created in a game in 1955, would the game automatically load the 1970 uniform at game start even though it is a different year or will a default jersey be loaded? Will it depend on where the file is located in the OOTP folder structure? I'd like to make this as seamless for the user as possible if they want to use the year filename convention, so it may dictate how I name the files (and thus alter the year certain uniforms exist).
Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #17
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Are you going to zip these up?

Many thanks for doing these...

Old 12-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #18
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pepper View Post
Not sure why this is still stickied when I haven't updated it in over two months! Anyhoo, I have a couple of uniforms to finish for the Nashville Sounds before the complete set of the American Association is finalized. The set will include uniforms for every team that has been a member in the league's full existence, 1902 to 1997. For now, I'm just missing the New Orleans Pelicans of 1977. I'm still debating how I should name the files, as not all teams will have home or away uniforms for every year. I expect to make the file available very soon. I'll probably upload the uniform files to my photobucket account within the week so if you wish to view the set or download select files without downloading the whole set, you can. It can be a pain to show them here in the forum, so I apologize to any of you following along. Next up will be the International League.
does this mean youll be doing your NL set soon!?
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #19
No Pepper
All Star Starter

I'll be zipping these up based on my question above. If I don't get an answer I'll need to test myself, no problem. If I do need to rename files, the files in the zip will trump any on my photobucket account.

And the NL set is done on my end, ashantewarrier needs to finish his end of the bargain (New York Giants) before we release it.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #20
txranger
Hall Of Famer

I tried to get the game to load up a logo, cap, and jersey prior to the year in the file name and could not get it find them until the year in the file name came around... It loaded a default for me... I put the files in their respective folders:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\ballcaps

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\jerseys

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\logos

When the year named came around the logo would load by itself, the cap and jersey would not... I had to go into Edit Team Colors and Uniforms and tell the game to find the cap and jersey and then the game would load them properly... I did this on Jan 1st, maybe once Spring Training or the season started it might find them by itself???