Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.7 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 1,775x in 644 posts
16 team schedule request - ping GMO?

Hi there,

I currently have a 14 team league, 1 subdivision, with two divisions of 7 teams each and a 126 game schedule.

I'm looking to expand to 16 teams (1 subdivision, with two divisions of 8 teams each) and I'm looking for a new schedule.

If the schedule can be 126 games that would be great, if not, any amount between 126 and 132 would be okay, but I'd prefer to not have fewer games.

I'd like teams to play the teams in their division more frequently (maybe 60 or 70 per cent of games). I'm not too fussy on the particulars though, whatever works okay best is fine.

The schedule I have now wraps up near the end of September, so a similar format would be okay. Typically series length is 3.

Also, looking ahead to the future, I will also likely expand to 18 teams (two divisions of 9 teams) eventually. If a schedule could also be done up for that format, with similar parameters to the above, that would be great.

If anymore info is required, please advise.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Also, this is for OOTP 10. I don't know if that makes any difference and I know I posted this in the OOTP 9 forum (the mods part seems more active), but I thought I'd advise.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 227x in 132 posts
OOTPX vs OOTP9 makes no difference.

There is this 16-team, 130-game that could have the parameters tweaked to your configuration. If you did not prefer that, another option is 132 games with 12 per division opponent, 6 per interdivision opponent, all 3-game series, and an offday each week for all teams.

What about an All-Star Game? If yes, how about around 2/3rds of the way through the season?

For 18 teams I can envision 132 games with 13 per division opponent and 3-4 per interdivision opponent. Since that allows for 4-game series, it could be a week shorter than the 16-team 132-game option described above.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
OOTPX vs OOTP9 makes no difference.

There is this 16-team, 130-game that could have the parameters tweaked to your configuration. If you did not prefer that, another option is 132 games with 12 per division opponent, 6 per interdivision opponent, all 3-game series, and an offday each week for all teams.

What about an All-Star Game? If yes, how about around 2/3rds of the way through the season?

For 18 teams I can envision 132 games with 13 per division opponent and 3-4 per interdivision opponent. Since that allows for 4-game series, it could be a week shorter than the 16-team 132-game option described above.
Thanks for responding gmo.

I took a look at the already made schedules before requesting this and I assume that one wouldn't work because my league only has 1 subleague, but that one says it is designed for two subleagues.

If that one can be tweaked to my config though, that would be great. Although, I would prefer more games against the other division and three games series as opposed to two. However, if that's any big hassle it's no big deal.

The scenario for 18 teams sounds just fine too.

All-Star game 2/3rds of the way through sounds okay too.

Thanks so much.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 16 team schedule, 132 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 2 divisions, each with 8 teams
#
#
# 12 games against 7 other teams in division (6H/6A)
# 6 games against 8 teams in other division (3H/3A)
#
#
# Series are all 3-game, two per week
# Every team is off for one day each week (either Mon or Thu)
# No cases of more than 9 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 12 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Friday after first Monday on or after April 15
# Season thus ends in late September
#
# All-Star Game set for late July
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILN_BGN_G132_SL1_D1_T8_D2_T8_C_a1_gmo.zip (4.2 KB, 189 views)
Old 07-18-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 18 team schedule, 132 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 1 subleague with 2 divisions, each with 9 teams
#
#
# 13 games against 8 other teams in division (6-7H/6-7A)
# 3-4 games against 9 teams in other division (0-3H/0-3A)
#
#
# With odd number of teams per division
# at least one interdivision series at all times
#
# Some interdivision series are 2-game series
# Thus some Fri-Sat series with Sun offdays
# Even a few cases of consecutive Sun-Mon offdays
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 14 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Season begins first Friday after first Monday on or after April 22
# Season thus ends in late September
#
# All-Star Game set for late July
#
Attached Files
File Type: zip ILN_BGN_G132_SL1_D1_T9_D2_T9_C_a1_gmo.zip (4.7 KB, 91 views)
Thank you for this post:
Cole (08-16-2009)