Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Offseason Discount! SAVE 50%!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-01-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
32 team 162 game custom request

i liked the 32 team 162 game schedules that had been posted, but i think they'd be better with a few minor tweaks... so here's my request:

the basic structure is,
32 Teams
2 Leagues
4 Divisions in each league with 4 teams in each division
162 games for each team
balanced schedule with an all star game and interleague

the season has an absolute start date of april 1st, no matter what day that falls on

the all star game has an absolute date of july 4th, no matter what day that falls on

july 31st trade deadline and september 1st call-ups still apply

there will be 22 divisional games for each team with 4 4-game series and 2 three game series (balancing home and away of course)

the rest of the games held within the league should be covered by 2 three game series with each team (again balancing home and away series)

for interleague play there will be 2 three game series with each team that's in the corresponding division (ex. if this were applied to the current real world, NL west could only play AL west). this is the only way i ever wish it to be, so no jumping divisions from year to year in interleague is required

it would be cool if the start times followed the pattern that you discussed with me in my original thread (weekdays are 90% 7:05 and 10% 1:05 while weekends are 50% 1:05, 20% 3:05, and 30% 7:05) but it's not totally vital.

in the end the totals should be
66 divisional games
72 cross-divisional intra-league
24 interleague only with the corresponding division

this breakdown comes pretty close to the real-life percentages, but owes a little difference to the change in league structure and of course the new york yankees can only play the san francisco giants in a world series instead of every few years.

is this possible?

edited to add: sorry if this is wordy... i just wanted to be specific.

Last edited by giantsfan777; 05-01-2009 at 02:00 AM.
giantsfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 228x in 133 posts
Better specific than not. Need just one clarification. Are you okay with a 5-day All-Star Break spanning July 2 through July 6? I think that will be the best way to fit in the series as you describe and get the July 4 ASG.

The gametimes thing will not work with the always April 1 start date since weekends "roam" about the calendar in different years. If it was always starting the first Monday of April, then the weekends would always fall predictably (days 6,7,13,14,...). But always starting exactly April 1 will sometimes begin on a weekend and otherwise not.
gmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmo View Post
Better specific than not. Need just one clarification. Are you okay with a 5-day All-Star Break spanning July 2 through July 6? I think that will be the best way to fit in the series as you describe and get the July 4 ASG.

The gametimes thing will not work with the always April 1 start date since weekends "roam" about the calendar in different years. If it was always starting the first Monday of April, then the weekends would always fall predictably (days 6,7,13,14,...). But always starting exactly April 1 will sometimes begin on a weekend and otherwise not.
1.) The all-star thing is not a problem at all. anything up to a full week doesn't really worry me.

2.) As long as the game time thing doesn't affect on-the-field results (temperature and therefore pitcher endurance) i don't care what time they start... i just won't pay attention to it. i would just hate to find out several years into simulating that the start times actually do have an effect... but i differ to your superior knowledge and experience here.

thanks for your hard work too, this is gonna be rad!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
gmo
Hall Of Famer

#
# 32 team schedule, 162 games
# Designed for the following configuration:
# 2 subleagues each with 4 divisions, each with 4 teams
#
#
# 22 games against 3 other teams in division (11H/11A)
# 6 games against 12 other teams in league (3H/3A)
# 6 games against 4 teams in corresponding division of other league (3H/3A)
#
#
# No cases of more than 20 straight days without offday
#
# No homestands or roadtrips longer than 15 games
#
# All game times set at 7:05pm
#
# Schedule set to begin on exact calendar day and not certain day of week
# Thus series and offdays do not fall within weeks in way modern MLB does
# That can be changed by adding 'start_day_of_week="2"' in SCHEDULE line
#
# Season begins April 1st
# Season thus ends late September
#
# All-Star Game set for July 4th
#
Old 05-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
gonna test it, but...

totally awesome! thanks!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 PM   #6
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
the all star game doesn't land on the 4th of july every time and the start of the season doesn't land on the 1st of april... if it's possible to fix it, great, if not... great job anyways.

thanks for all the work!

Last edited by giantsfan777; 05-05-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan777 View Post
the all star game doesn't land on the 4th of july every time... if it's possible to fix it, great, if not... great job anyways.
As long as you do not have the setting to begin on a certain day of the week and the begin date is April 1, the ASG should always fall on July 4. Check to make sure you do not have on the setting for (something called like) "automatically schedule ASG".
Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 AM   #8
giantsfan777
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanked 3x in 3 posts
okay, it would seem that if i uncheck the "force start on certain weekday" button and leave the season start date as april 1st, the season actually starts on april 1st.

no matter what i do, the all-star game seems to take place whenever it wants to. it never seems to stick on a specific day. it floats around, generally within a week or two after july 4th.

i don't think i really care a whole bunch that the all-star and season start dates actually work out. it would be nice, but it doesn't ruin the whole game for me or anything... i'm really just reporting to you that it doesn't seem to be working so that you can examine the reasons why for future schedules.

thanks again

Edited to Add:
okay, so it all can be fixed if you choose a fixed date for the all-star game and de-select "force start on certain weekday" before preseason begins. if i select "generate schedule" after pre-season begins, everything goes awry in the ways that i've mentioned... but if i let the schedule get made naturally after making the earlier mentioned choices, everything is golden.

again, thanks for the hard work!

Last edited by giantsfan777; 05-06-2009 at 08:47 PM.